Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

2019 FCS playoffs

Thought I'd get it started since there wasn't a thread.

Big Sky with 4 of the top 8 seeds.

Games currently being played:

San Diego vs  UNI 

Austin Peay (first ever appearance) vs. Furman

Central Conn. vs. Albany

Holy Cross vs. Monmouth

All games on espn college extra

2nd round under way. Plenty of HC canidates for G5 schools to look at today. 

Jay Hill whose name is high on many lists (or should be) pulling out his bag of tricks early vs Kennesaw St. Down 17-9.

This is the round most upsets happen.

Other Big Sky teams playing today.

Montana St vs Albany up 23-7

Montana vs SE Louisiana up 17 -7.

All games curently in 2nd quarter and televised on espn 3 or college extra depending on your programming.

#7 seed SDSU was upset by UNI 13-10

And #8 seed ACU was upset by Illinois St. 

#6 He Montana rolled 73 - 21 over SELA.

As did #5 Montana ST and #3 Weber St hung on to win 26- 20.

#1 NDSU & #2 JMU both rolled today.

#4 Sac state plays at 7 pm MST.

15 minutes ago, westfan said:

Help me out here, has Sac State been in the playoffs before? I'd like to see them advance Go Hornets.:cheer:

To my understanding no, this is their first trip. Their HC Troy Taylor has confirmed he is staying at Sac St and not listening to any offers. 

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

To my understanding no, this is their first trip. Their HC Troy Taylor has confirmed he is staying at Sac St and not listening to any offers. 

That’s foolish if you ask me. He should at least entertain offers to get a serious bump in pay and a long contract. He starts losing and fans are going to have very short memories even there. 

7 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Isn’t that the standard response from any HC? 

True but Taylor said Sac St is a dynasty in the making. The area is a gold mine for recruiting at the FCS level and he has the backing from the administration. Sac St has been a perennial loser and in year one he brought them to their first ever share of the Big Sky title and first ever playoff appearance. Why settle for a Sunbelt job now when he can a p5 job in few years?

9 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

True but Taylor said Sac St is a dynasty in the making. The area is a gold mine for recruiting at the FCS level and he has the backing from the administration. Sac St has been a perennial loser and in year one he brought them to their first ever share of the Big Sky title and first ever playoff appearance. Why settle for a Sunbelt job now when he can a p5 job in few years?

Which FCS coaches are getting P5 jobs?  Bohl was the best in the business and went to Wyoming.

43 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

That’s foolish if you ask me. He should at least entertain offers to get a serious bump in pay and a long contract. He starts losing and fans are going to have very short memories even there. 

True but is shows commitment and  a program will honor that down the road with a big pay long-term contract

10 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Which FCS coaches are getting P5 jobs?  Bohl was the best in the business and went to Wyoming.

Bohl was in his fifties with not a lot of upside. Bohls replacement at NDSU is now the HC at Kansas St and had them ranked and beat Oklahoma this year. If you read what I wrote I said Taylor could have a shot down the road (in a few years). Put attention as they say over here.

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

That place is a sleeping giant. I've been saying that shit for years. My only connection to the program, though, is that, at one point a few years back, I used to +++++ their kicker's girlfriend when he wasn't in town. She's still a fox. The kicker may be selling insurance for all I know, though,.

17 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Bohl was in his fifties with not a lot of upside. Bohls replacement at NDSU is now the HC at Kansas St and had them ranked and beat Oklahoma this year. If you read what I wrote I said Taylor could have a shot down the road (in a few years). Put attention as they say over here.

Okay, that's one. Can you name a second one?