Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SangerBulldog

Fresno State @ San Jose State (valley rivalry)

Good game Spartans. Had fun on the trip but I've been so +++++ing cold in my life, other than all the rain it was cool. You guys need to get started on the remodel asap tho. 

Glad this season is over, to many games decided by ill advised mistakes. This team crumbles late so I hope we see alot of coaching changes for the off season. 

11 minutes ago, Cincy said:

You said it, I didn’t. 😂

I did point out that your feelers are hurt. Did not mean to be insensitive. 

57 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Yet your team lost to the team that "haven't [sic] finished above .500 sine [sic] entering the MWC." We can say we beat a P5 team on the road since entering. What about you? I know it must hurt.

Where are you getting at with this?? We beat both UCLA and Arizona State on the road. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

51 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Congrats! Beating Fresno is your Super Bowl, believe me I get it. 
Tells you something about both programs when never finishing above is no biggie as long as we beat the bigger name program, LOL. 

Like I said I understand the reasoning from Sharta fan. 

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to get through the day, bro. Funny how it's always the losing fans complaining that their team just wasn't motivated enough.

15 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Epic Fail

Yes, but totally predictable as I've done ever since August when I saw several Fresburgians, most prominently Cincy, guarantee they'd win the conference again despite losing a ton of good players from 2018.

Props to San Jose State, which a halfway objective analysis made in August suggested would be considerably IMPROVED this year.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Where are you getting at with this?? We beat both UCLA and Arizona State on the road. 

I don't follow FS football, which is why I was asking. 

Shining in his final game in an SJSU uniform despite wet and windy conditions, senior quarterback Josh Love threw for 290 yards and ran for a touchdown to lead his team to the one-point win. Wide receiver Tre Walker brought in eight receptions for 132 yards on the night, while running back Dejon Packer added 93 yards and the game-winning touchdown with just over two minutes remaining. - c/o sjsuspartans.com 

https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2019/11/30/football-fsu-recap.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1Q0-Cyce_VVhadBs6H8Buw98NV41IZjddM-vMfLFZKJDz_9rAc8KXB4rk

fsu pic

So TheTedfordTrain and Cincy aren't going to post on the board anymore because their team lost. :D They're a couple of whiny arsed b*tches.

4 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

I hope we can both rebound. A good san jose and fresno squad would generate such a fun rivalry again. 

I remember how much fun it was in the PCAA/Big West from about 1981 until FSU left for the WAC.  Those were crazy days and they were a blast.  The two teams pretty nearly split their games over that timeframe, and the winner of that game almost always won the conference.  I doubt those days can be repeated, but it would be so much fun if this game meant a lot more again.  

10 minutes ago, ziggy29 said:

I remember how much fun it was in the PCAA/Big West from about 1981 until FSU left for the WAC.  Those were crazy days and they were a blast.  The two teams pretty nearly split their games over that timeframe, and the winner of that game almost always won the conference.  I doubt those days can be repeated, but it would be so much fun if this game meant a lot more again.  

I forget the year, Perez was the QB. Sports Illustrated chose our game with Fresno as the College Football Game Of The Year. We won it a barn burner. It's still my favorite. B)

4 minutes ago, ziggy29 said:

Agreed having games that matter to the fans is what should make this conference strong.

4 minutes ago, crixus said:

I forget the year, Perez was the QB. Sports Illustrated chose our game with Fresno as the College Football Game Of The Year. We won it a barn burner. It's still my favorite. B)

1986.  I remember that game very well.  I was a student there at the time.  What a crazy finish.  Just glad I didn't decide to give up and leave early!

2 minutes ago, ziggy29 said:

1986.  I remember that game very well.  I was a student there at the time.  What a crazy finish.  

Me too, that's the year I graduated (in December). :cheers: Here's to you and our fellow Spartans!