Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SangerBulldog

Fresno State @ San Jose State (valley rivalry)

Should be a good game. When you look at wins and losses both teams are very similar in terms all the close losses. Both posses their own strengths/weaknesses. Won’t be a usual comfortable Fresno W like years past. Game is a total toss up and it’ll come down to who will want it more. Spartans always play us like it’s their Super bowl.

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

Honestly, is the winner of this game really winning at all?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

9 hours ago, Anon5251042 said:

I would be surprised if the stadium is at full capacity (21,520 that is).

@Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits Just wondering, but do Fresno State fans consider Hawaii, SDSU, Boise, or us as the biggest rival?

Depends on what age group you’re in. The old timers will say SJSU and/or SDSU. The new generation will say Boise. I think it’s a combination of both. I would say as of late it has been SDSU because the winner of that usually determines who wins the West(besides this year). And we’ve had some pretty great games in basketball as well. I think we’ve won the last 4 basketball games against SDSU, which is extremely rare. Fresno and Hawaii have some very interesting matchups in the past as well going back to the Pat Hill/June Jones era and the whole golden screwdriver controversy. Buts that’s another story. 

Historically and geographically, it’s SJSU. It’d good to see them competitive again in football. Even though they’re 4-7, like us, have lost a lot of close games. I hope they can sustain success and hopefully really get this rivalry going like it used to be back in the day. I think Brent Brennan has a lot of energy and enthusiasm and is a great coach for you guys. Would not be surprised at all if we lose this game tomorrow. 

So to answer your last question, I think right now it is SDSU just because they’ve been competitive with us in the big 3 sports. 

So...Wednesday night I was out-and-about in Hermosa Bch, SoCal & met a rather HOTT young blonde who recently graduated from CSU-San José, yet grew up in FresNO.  She was in one of Clovis North's first-few graduating classes.  

I was very impressed w/her knowledge of 'dawg football.  It may have been how I was directing the conversation (because I know much more about the CSU-FresNO f'ball pgm than San José's), however I got the impression she was much more knowledgeable about her hometown 'dawg team than she was about her alma mater Spartans' pgm. 

The funnest part of the entire convo was when she said, "the Carrs are from FresNO."  My response was, "I had no idea.  Didn't Ric Ocasek just die?"   ¡JAJAJA!

Good luck to both teams.  My sincerely wish for an exciting, close & injury free game mañana.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Props to @SangerBulldog @Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits and @Dogs4Me for posting. There are a few Fresno fans who have been conspicuously absent from the board for the later 2/3 of the season...

DITTO

Most notably @TheTedfordTrain...JAJAJA

42 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

So...Wednesday night I was out-and-about in Hermosa Bch, SoCal & met a rather HOTT young blonde who recently graduated from CSU-San José, yet grew up in FresNO.  She was in one of Clovis North's first-few graduating classes.  

I was very impressed w/her knowledge of 'dawg football.  It may have been how I was directing the conversation (because I know much more about the CSU-FresNO f'ball pgm than San José's), however I got the impression she was much more knowledgeable about her hometown 'dawg team than she was about her alma mater Spartans' pgm. 

The funnest part of the entire convo was when she said, "the Carrs are from FresNO."  My response was, "I had no idea.  Didn't Ric Ocasek just die?"   ¡JAJAJA!

Good luck to both teams.  My sincerely wish for an exciting, close & injury free game mañana.

When you’re from the valley, Fresno State is always the hometown team that stays with you forever. Hence the “bulldog born bulldog bred” mantra. Perfect example, kids from the valley that go to cal poly in San Luis Obispo, just before you get to Pismo Beach. Pismo beach is the hottest and most popular vacation spot for Central Valley residents. That are Monterrey are the easiest beach destinations to get to. Some of the biggest Fresno state fans I know graduated from cal poly. No BS, I know some big Fresno State fans that went to USC. Obviously they cheer for USC, but the ones I know moved back to Fresno, are successful, and are big Fresno state fans. It’s just different here. Maybe it’s just because we’re so different from the rest of the state so when you leave to go to college or whatever it is, you appreciate your hometown more than you did growing up. Fresno is easily picked on because of all the negatively and bad things that come with it and believe me I know all of it, I’ve grown up here my whole life. But when I say it’s different from other parts of the state, I mean that the people are more down to earth and friendlier than the so called “snobs” from San Fran & LA(obviously not all are like that). People really value family and hard work and even tho we have 500k here, it is very community orientated. You just feel a sense of pride, especially being the #1 Ag region in the world. 

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Props to @SangerBulldog @Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits and @Dogs4Me for posting. There are a few Fresno fans who have been conspicuously absent from the board for the later 2/3 of the season...

Thanks! I don’t post often, but when I do I’ll be real with everyone on this board. I’m not going to say Tedford is the Saben and 2nd coming of Jesus Christ, like some may say or probably just over exaggerate. I get it they’re excited, as am I. But I will say there is no other person I really want other than Tedford leading this program especially after the mess DeRuyter left it in. He wants to be here for the long run and he’s in a comfortable spot. I can’t see him jumping ship for a Colorado or Arizona and have the stress of those jobs, especially after the health issues he had in Tampa. Both his son’s live in town, one working within the program. The community embraces and loves him. 

4 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Spartans win 38-23.

Bulldogs expected to be playing next Saturday and after last week, they are already looking forward to next season. San Jose wants to finish an overacheiving season on a high note, they are at home, they wanna prove a point to Fresno.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. SJSU may want this one more. And isn’t that what football comes down to, of which man wanting it more?