Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada - The battle for UNLV's Fremont Cannon

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Luckily for him, just like those assaulted by the popcorn hurlers he was able to avoid serious injury. Although not for trying by the assailants.

#renostrong 

hope you guys can cope and get through this. 

How is this thread still alive. This so called brawl was patty cake compared to a lot of others I have seen in college football. BYU vs Memphis was a good one. FAU vs Miami. SDSU vs Miami. Best brawl I’ve ever seen in person was LA Valley College vs San Francisco CC when OJ played for them.

Both teams and benches went at it a full fifteen minutes with lots of fists flying, kicking, stomping, and helmet swinging. Minimal security couldn’t stop it. The coaches were finally able to separate the two teams and the game was suspended.

College basketball used to have some great donnybrooks until the NCAA suspended players who threw punches and for anyone coming off the bench to join in. I saw some good ones at some Boise State games. 

20 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

This isn’t new video. This is nerd Mark Anderson calling it new. 

The second video in the article is new.  It also conveniently cuts to right after Fauolo swings his helmet at the fan and doesn’t show that incident. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

https://themw.com/news/2019/12/10/mountain-west-suspends-four-nevada-football-student-athletes.aspx

Nevada football student-athletes Austin Arnold, Daniel Brown, Hausia Sekona and Gabriel Sewell are being issued suspensions for violations of Mountain West Rule 4 – Sportsmanship. All suspensions are effective for the Wolf Pack’s January 3rd contest against Ohio in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Arnold will also miss the first game of the 2020 season.

I wonder if this is part of the reason for the defensive coaches being let go as well.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

https://themw.com/news/2019/12/10/mountain-west-suspends-four-nevada-football-student-athletes.aspx

I wonder if this is part of the reason for the defensive coaches being let go as well.

I doubt it.  It probably had more to do with giving up 77 to Oregon, 51 to Hawaii, defensive breakdowns in other games.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nevada's defensive back Austin Arnold, defensive back Daniel Brown, defensive tackle Hausia Sekona and linebacker Gabriel Sewell will all be suspended for sportsmanship violations, MWC said in a release.

Arnold will serve a two-game suspension; Brown and Sekona will serve a one-game suspension; Sewell is suspended for one-half game.

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Nevada's defensive back Austin Arnold, defensive back Daniel Brown, defensive tackle Hausia Sekona and linebacker Gabriel Sewell will all be suspended for sportsmanship violations, MWC said in a release.

Arnold will serve a two-game suspension; Brown and Sekona will serve a one-game suspension; Sewell is suspended for one-half game.

So 2 games for a sucker punch.

What is the over/under for hitting an obnoxious fan with a helmet?

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

So 2 games for a sucker punch.

What is the over/under for hitting an obnoxious fan with a helmet?

well, he may have swung his helmet, but he didn't hit anybody, lol. And considering what was said to make him swing that helmet, he may not get any punishment at all.

16 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I don’t think so. I think there were some more deep-rooted issues there.

15 hours ago, bigd said:

Shit things are looking pretty bad for this bowl game...

We have no defensive coaches or players at this point.

Yeah but Ohio can’t really score. I mean other than their last two games when they scored 118 points. ... well, maybe our offense can pick up the slack. :shots:

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

I doubt it.  It probably had more to do with giving up 77 to Oregon, 51 to Hawaii, defensive breakdowns in other games.  

I actually think it was more cultural than anything that has happened on the field.