Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada - The battle for UNLV's Fremont Cannon

7 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

You attack the player by trying to show video and photos that are inconclusive evidence to make a crime.  

The credibility and character is something someone has to earn from me.  I don't know you and I'm not going to buy that kool aid.

You're nuts. 

How you can't see that he is swinging his helmet to hit a fan is beyond me.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:22 AM, mugtang said:

It happened on the other side of the stands.  To the left of the goal post, or the east side of the endzone section.  After what is shown in those videos. 

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You do know that I’m the owner of this site and have owned it for 5 years now, right?  I mean shouldn’t that alone carry some form of weight especially since multiple other posters are vouching for it?

And here it is. Faolo did it.

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

You do know that I’m the owner of this site and have owned it for 5 years now, right?  I mean shouldn’t that alone carry some form of weight especially since multiple other posters are vouching for it?

I do know you are the owner.  I have no idea how long you've owned this board.  I  said what I said and if you aren't happy with it then do what you have to do if you can't deal with my directness.   I don't think I'm being disrespectful with you and all I'm asking for is honesty and you can't do that.   I'm not going to sit back and say nothing when I see something that isn't right.  Delete my account if that is the veiled threat you are making.  

2 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I do know you are the owner.  I have no idea how long you've owned this board.  I  said what I said and if you aren't happy with it then do what you have to do if you can't deal with my directness.   I don't think I'm being disrespectful with you and all I'm asking for is honesty and you can't do that.   I'm not going to sit back and say nothing when I see something that isn't right.  Delete my account if that is the veiled threat you are making.  

Yep, it's confirmed. You're nuts. 

2 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I’ve been honest with you. Where have I been dishonest with you?

And I’m not making a veiled threat toward you.  I don’t ban or delete people’s accounts for disagreeing with me.  That’s bad for business. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

You attack the player by trying to show video and photos that are inconclusive evidence to make a crime.  

The credibility and character is something someone has to earn from me.  I don't know you and I'm not going to buy that kool aid.

How did that player earn if from you? 

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’ve been honest with you. Where have I been dishonest with you?

And I’m not making a veiled threat toward you.  I don’t ban or delete people’s accounts for disagreeing with me.  That’s bad for business. 

That and if you did ban him.. there would suspiciously be a new Vegas poster on the board next week... Meister-T-Rebel. 😂

Arnold has no excuse, no matter what Oblad said or didn't say to taunt him. he wan;t being physically threatened in any way.  

Fauolo's only excuse...maybe...is that he could have been trying to get that guy in the stands to stop attacking a fellow player, and let the record state I am in no way suggesting that was the case. In fact I say it's highly doubtful.

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

That and if you did ban him.. there would suspiciously be a new Vegas poster on the board next week... Meister-T-Rebel. 😂

I pity the fool that would have that user name.

28 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Mug, you’re learning firsthand what I’ve been talking about for years. In the end, all you can do is report the facts to the best of your ability. Let them decide whether or not to accept those facts.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Arnold has no excuse, no matter what Oblad said or didn't say to taunt him. he wan;t being physically threatened in any way.  

Fauolo's only excuse...maybe...is that he could have been trying to get that guy in the stands to stop attacking a fellow player, and let the record state I am in no way suggesting that was the case. In fact I say it's highly doubtful.

There’s no excuse for what Arnold did.  Can’t defend it all.  I still don’t want to see any of them kicked off either team though.  I don’t think that accomplishes anything in the end.  I do think a suspension of a game or two is sufficient punishment along with some community service or something. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

There’s no excuse for what Arnold did.  Can’t defend it all.  I still don’t want to see any of them kicked off either team though.  I don’t think that accomplishes anything in the end.  I do think a suspension of a game or two is sufficient punishment along with some community service or something. 

I'm cool with like a 5 game suspension for both Arnold and Fauolo.  Needs to hurt a little more in my opinion. 

Just now, mugtang said:

Agreed. Also put them on a zero tolerance probation for the rest of their careers. A mistake in the heat of the moment can be a learning experience for both those kids.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I actually agree with this. I think the WR who ran by the Nevada sideline should be reprimanded, as should Arnold. Beyond that I see a bunch of dumbfery and am too lazy to watch the video to see who else should get slapped. Obviously the dude who appeared to swing the helmet is probably in trouble too. 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I'm cool with like a 5 game suspension for both Arnold and Fauolo.  Needs to hurt a little more in my opinion. 

Five games? Hmmm. I think that’s too much. I have a teenager and let me just say they are stupid. Two games tops. 

7 minutes ago, toonkee said:

How about 4, force them to sit out OOC next season.  Well I guess that would be the bowl game and 3 OOC games for Arnold.  

Grimala ain't have none of that...

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/dec/03/analysis-early-to-do-list-for-next-unlv-football-c/

Dole out discipline

Coming off the fracas at the end of the season-ending win over UNR, the new coach will have to make a statement about how he handles discipline within his program. Aside from Austin Arnold's sucker punch of Kenyon Oblad (which should probably end Arnold's college football career), the most egregious act may have come from a Rebel.

One media report alleged that Giovanni Fauolo removed his helmet and swung it at spectators. Even if Fauolo was agitated or felt attacked by fans, using his helmet as a weapon crossed a line. The Mountain West is currently investigating the entire incident; if there is evidence of Fauolo swinging his helmet at fans, the MWC will undoubtedly suspend him for a significant portion of next season. It will then be up to the next UNLV coach to decide whether it's worth keeping Fauolo on the team for his senior season.

48 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Grimala ain't have none of that...

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/dec/03/analysis-early-to-do-list-for-next-unlv-football-c/

Dole out discipline

Coming off the fracas at the end of the season-ending win over UNR, the new coach will have to make a statement about how he handles discipline within his program. Aside from Austin Arnold's sucker punch of Kenyon Oblad (which should probably end Arnold's college football career), the most egregious act may have come from a Rebel.

One media report alleged that Giovanni Fauolo removed his helmet and swung it at spectators. Even if Fauolo was agitated or felt attacked by fans, using his helmet as a weapon crossed a line. The Mountain West is currently investigating the entire incident; if there is evidence of Fauolo swinging his helmet at fans, the MWC will undoubtedly suspend him for a significant portion of next season. It will then be up to the next UNLV coach to decide whether it's worth keeping Fauolo on the team for his senior season.

Was it confirmed Arnold punched the QB? Or did he knock him down? Not saying one or the other is ok just that it looks to me like he blind sided him.