Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada - The battle for UNLV's Fremont Cannon

Just now, NevadaFan said:

I don’t think so. Lots of bad judgment here. Sit him a game and call it a day. 

I agree with this.  Nobody needs to be booted from any team.  Players let their emotions get the best of them.  Still can’t possibly fathom why Arnold decided to lay out Oblad to start all of this. 

Even with the video, it doesn’t excuse the behavior of our fans.  They inflamed the situation with their actions.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

52 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t know, video was edited, we don’t see the previous 10 seconds of that. It looked like the fan was pulling on something, could be a UNLV player. 

If it was unprovoked, I’m sure the video wouldn’t be edited. 

:blink:

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

So you don’t see him run up to the fan at the 46 second mark?  

I don't see it either.  This guy Murry is a piece of work.  Earlier he said they didn't have video because they couldn't film a particular side of the field.  Then they turn up with a still photo.  Now he finds video that claims to show something we can't see.  I've looked at that film 5 times.  There is nothing conclusive.  That's like the Zapruder film of the JFK assassination trying to identify someone in the grassy knoll.

Good luck with that.  

1 minute ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I don't see it either.  This guy Murry is a piece of work.  Earlier he said they didn't have video because they couldn't film a particular side of the field.  Now he finds video that claims to show something we can't see.  I've looked at that film 5 times.  There is nothing conclusive.  That's like the Zapruder film of the JFK assassination trying to identify someone in the grassy knoll.

Good luck with that.  

Murray said Nevadasportsnet doesn’t have video.  This isn’t from Nevadasportsnet.  This is from somebody in the stands.  I did a screenshot from my phone and cropped it down to zoom in the best I can.  It does show a grey object with red on it (likely “UNLV”) hitting the fan. 

52F70483-E753-4616-A5BA-6E342D3A850B.jpeg

But it’s clear that absent a direct line of sight video, despite multiple eye witnesses saying they saw the helmet swing, the photograph of him clutching his helmet in what appears to be a swinging motion and this video, you will remain unconvinced that one of your players also acted out of line. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I assume you're right, security will have a better chance to mitigate it in the new stadium and it will definitely be harder for fans to interact with players than in decrepit Mackay Stadium. But don't fool yourself, bad behavior will continue. Security or not, drunken dumbasses will be in the stands making the experience miserable for everybody but them, as is the case in every stadium in America.

Phucking zonies need to do more of this :hookah::hookah::hookah: and  less of this :shots::shots:

2 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Out of curiosity, are the Raiders fans supposed be flying in from Oakland or is the organization expecting the majority of fans from Vegas and out of town tourists. Are they keeping the preexisting season ticket holders? I suspect the previous rowdy atmosphere at the Coliseum wiould be more sedate if new ticket holders.

That's what I think also. Really, how many of those Oakland crazies are going to be able to afford tickets, airfare, and lodging on a regular basis?

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t know, video was edited, we don’t see the previous 10 seconds of that. It looked like the fan was pulling on something, could be a UNLV player. 

If it was unprovoked, I’m sure the video wouldn’t be edited. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t think so. Lots of bad judgment here. Sit him a game and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I agree with this.  Nobody needs to be booted from any team.  Players let their emotions get the best of them.  Still can’t possibly fathom why Arnold decided to lay out Oblad to start all of this. 

Even with the video, it doesn’t excuse the behavior of our fans.  They inflamed the situation with their actions.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No

I think you need to draw a line and set expectations. Especially the new incoming coach. Get some discipline on this team. This kid was a captain and this is totally unacceptable behavior.

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Did you get a discount for driving around in a stolen UNLV football helmet?

Still can't believe the Zonie gave the helmet back. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Murray said Nevadasportsnet doesn’t have video.  This isn’t from Nevadasportsnet.  This is from somebody in the stands.  I did a screenshot from my phone and cropped it down to zoom in the best I can.  It does show a grey object with red on it (likely “UNLV”) hitting the fan. 

52F70483-E753-4616-A5BA-6E342D3A850B.jpeg

But it’s clear that absent a direct line of sight video, despite multiple eye witnesses saying they saw the helmet swing, the photograph of him clutching his helmet in what appears to be a swinging motion and this video, you will remain unconvinced that one of your players also acted out of line. 

A UNLV player hitting a fan with a helmet is a serious accusation with some serious implications that shouldn't be taken lightly.  I'm not about to attack any player on either side without conclusive evidence.  

I see a lot of taunting on both sides and our players giving fans the bird and vice a versa.  There is no sportsmanship to that extent on either side regarding that.  If you and Murray want to continue your attacks on the player without clear and convincing proof then run with it.  

4 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I think you need to draw a line and set expectations. Especially the new incoming coach. Get some discipline on this team. This kid was a captain and this is totally unacceptable behavior.

I agree unacceptable behavior.  Suspend him for a couple of games.  Maybe make him do some community service. But I don’t think his college career needs to end because of it. 

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

maybe we can put some netting up in the zonie section that way if somebody throws something it gets caught by the net.  Also that would prevent them from reaching out to touch the players.  

Or how about when opposing teams win a hard fought game they go celebrate with their teammates in the locker room instead of whatever the hell UNLV was doing in the endzone?

7 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

A UNLV player hitting a fan with a helmet is a serious accusation with some serious implications that shouldn't be taken lightly.  I'm not about to attack any player on either side without conclusive evidence.  

I see a lot of taunting on both sides and our players giving fans the bird and vice a versa.  There is no sportsmanship to that extent on either side regarding that.  If you and Murray want to continue your attacks on the player without clear and convincing proof then run with it.  

I’m not attacking the player.  Please state where in this thread I have attacked the player.  Please provide one single example of me attacking the UNLV player.  

What has happened is you’ve challenged my credibility and character, despite multiple other posters including multiple UNLV posters vouching for it, and you’ve accused me of defaming his character and attacking him, because I said I saw one of your players swing a helmet in the direction of fan.  

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m not attacking the player.  Please state where in this thread I have attacked the player.  Please provide one single example of me attacking the UNLV player.  

What has happened is you’ve challenged my credibility and character, despite multiple other posters including multiple UNLV posters vouching for it, because I said I saw one of your players swing a helmet in the direction of fan. 

Why are you still arguing with these people? 

4 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Or how about when opposing teams win a hard fought game they go celebrate with their teammates in the locker room instead of whatever the hell UNLV was doing in the endzone?

That should've happened. Still does not excuse the fan behavior at all.

Just now, mugtang said:

What has happened is you’ve challenged my credibility and character, despite multiple other posters including multiple UNLV posters vouching for it, because I said I saw one of your players swing a helmet in the direction of fan. 

You attack the player by trying to show video and photos that are inconclusive evidence to make a crime.  

The credibility and character is something someone has to earn from me.  I don't know you and I'm not going to buy that kool aid.

You attack the player by trying to show video and photos that are inconclusive evidence to make a crime.  

The credibility and character is something someone has to earn from me.  I don't know you and I'm not going to buy that kool aid.

This is a fan message board and you are a guest of Mugtang's. I think you should SHUT THE +++++ UP

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I agree unacceptable behavior.  Suspend him for a couple of games.  Maybe make him do some community service. But I don’t think his college career needs to end because of it. 

I don't think his college career has to end. The new coach should see to a few transfer possibilities. It would be a great opportunity to teach a life lesson while also teaching the rest of the team that this behavior will not stand in this program.

It just looks to me like the new coach has a lot of attitude/discipline problems to address right off the bat. I think Sanchez' culture was a little too player friendly and we are seeing the fruits of that.

You do know that I’m the owner of this site and have owned it for 5 years now, right?  I mean shouldn’t that alone carry some form of weight especially since multiple other posters are vouching for it?

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You do know that I’m the owner of this site and have owned it for 5 years now, right?  I mean shouldn’t that alone carry some form of weight especially since multiple other posters are vouching for it?

We don't always agree, but you are a straight shooter mug. If you are wrong, you always admit to it. You go out of your way to do so.