Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada - The battle for UNLV's Fremont Cannon

1 minute ago, thatsmymammy said:

This horse is still breathing?

It’ll be breathing for at least a week.  Or until the Mountain West hands out punishments. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, thatsmymammy said:

that is one tough horse!

That’s mwcboarding though.  We beat horses until they’re dead and splattered.  And then beat them some more.  And then their children and their children’s children. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

That’s mwcboarding though.  We beat horses until they’re dead and splattered.  And then beat them some more.  And then their children and their children’s children. 

Oh.... I knew there was a reason this is the best message board I have ever seen. 

8 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

Oh.... I knew there was a reason this is the best message board I have ever seen. 

I do what I can :D 

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

They also are touting a grassy knoll theory that a Rebel player was swinging his helmet at fans to make us look culpable in this.  Yet no evidence can be found to prove this happened.  We are supposed to bend over and accept that as fact because a reno news guy and one other reno fan on this board allegedly saw this.  Just hard to believe with all the cellphones and cameras rolling during that heated moment that they can't find proof.

Is Tyler Bischoff a Reno news guy too?

57 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

What’s the other guy pointing at next to him? Any chance Giovanni is grabbing his helmet AWAY from him? I know I saw an attempt to pull a second helmet off, not sure if it was here though. 

He’s probably saying “Hit that guy with your weapon before we have to put you back in your Hannibal Lecter cage, ya lunatic.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I am sure UNLV players are far from saints, but trash talk? Come on man, you know that happens each time these teams meet. It should be expected. What doesn't typically happen? Melees started by your players and continued by your fans.

No one is saying UNLV players are saints, but their actions should not have garnered that response. It's a pretty dumb conversation and only just serves to highlight how truly out of line UNR players and fans were when "trash talk" is even considered a precipitous factor to that shitshow.

1 hour ago, PackNation said:

Is Tyler Bischoff a Reno news guy too?

He's a LV guy. I guess he's a news guy....he writes for a web site, if that counts.

https://www.lvsportsnetwork.com/show/technically-correct-with-tyler-bischoff/

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

So, it sounds to me that it's exactly what you're saying. 

UNLV bears no responsibility?

In the altercation that I saw, the responsibility is on Nevada.  Trash talking is just part of the game.  The player running to the sideline was classless but not outside the realm of normalcy.  You see players taunting the opposing bench all the time, I don't like it but hardly shocking.  In the footage we have, nearly all the blame is on the Nevada player and their fans.  Not a "both sides" issue.

Now if a UNLV player swung his helmet at a fan, he should be removed from the team.  I have 0 doubt Mug saw what he saw but with it being from a distance and 0 video there is no possibility of knowing any of the other circumstances around it.  From the distance there it hardly looks like anybody was in striking range.  Could have been he was shaking it and waving it after it was attempted to be taken from him, that may even be likely.  Without video, we simply do not know.  What we do know is what was in the video we do have available, and in that video, it's all Nevada's shit to own.  Or trivialize the shocking behavior, which seems to be the general Nevada fan response on the board. 

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

The picture above shows him swinging his helmet toward the fan.  The helmet taking incident happened on the other side of the goal post.  Here you can see him being pushed away from the fans by his fellow teammates.  

He will be suspended for the season opener for his actions.  We will have several players suspended for the bowl game and possibly longer because of their actions.  You will have several players suspended as well for next years season opener.   When Fauolo is suspended will you admit you were wrong?  If he’s not suspended I will gladly admit that I was wrong and didn’t see what I saw. 

A still photo shows nothing.  The helmet is in his hand.  If you are using that as your proof that doesn’t hold water.  If all they have to suspend him is this still photo a good lawyer is going to tear some new assholes.

If in fact video shows a swing of the helmet towards a fan then I wholeheartedly support his suspension.

Right now I’m still waiting for proof with video.  All you are doing is defaming his character.

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reno trash gunna reno trash.  You are already on here minimizing saying it was a "shove" (BS).  Showing stills of what looks like a UNLV player trying to grab his helmet away from Nevada fans and saying it was him swinging it at Nevada fans and talking about a little trash talk.

Players talk trash, it happens.  Nevada sucker punched the QB looking in the opposite direction, the fans attacked the players, and garbage rained down on the players and administration.

No, one side needs to own this.  Just one.  This is on Nevada.

Okay....whatever you say. The angle that came out today on Nevada Sports Net had an angle from behind and you could clearly see that he shoved the QB. It's hard to see where his right hand landed on the qb and Chris Murray even makes a comment that some have said it was a shove and some have said it was a punch. If you want to say it's a punch, then that's fine. Either way, I said in my post that it was classless and that the fans throwing stuff was classless, so I'm not sure what you think I'm minimizing. That being said, talking trash and running down the Nevada sideline taunting the team is also classless....seems like maybe you're minimizing that aspect of it. To say that this was a one-sided affair is incorrect. 

9 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

A still photo shows nothing.  The helmet is in his hand.  If you are using that as your proof that doesn’t hold water.  If all they have to suspend him is this still photo a good lawyer is going to tear some new assholes.

If in fact video shows a swing of the helmet towards a fan then I wholeheartedly support his suspension.

Right now I’m still waiting for proof with video.  All you are doing is defaming his character.

Lol yeah, lawyers are gonna fight a school suspension over conduct in a brawl. Big money winner there.

Mug wouldn’t lie about what he saw, we all know him. It doesn’t matter what team anyone roots for, nobody is going to take you seriously when he says he saw it. He’s that kind of guy, and you are...?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, Slapdad said:

Okay....whatever you say. The angle that came out today on Nevada Sports Net had an angle from behind and you could clearly see that he shoved the QB. It's hard to see where his right hand landed on the qb and Chris Murray even makes a comment that some have said it was a shove and some have said it was a punch. If you want to say it's a punch, then that's fine. Either way, I said in my post that it was classless and that the fans throwing stuff was classless, so I'm not sure what you think I'm minimizing. That being said, talking trash and running down the Nevada sideline taunting the team is also classless....seems like maybe you're minimizing that aspect of it. To say that this was a one-sided affair is incorrect. 

Ok, fair.  Both teams did things that were classless.  Taunting the opposing bench after an emotional game is never a good look.  However actions taken by the Nevada player and fans were so far from being commensurate that saying "there is plenty of blame to go around" is frankly ridiculous.  I am not minimizing anything done or said by UNLV players.  Nevada and fans minimized it by acting so far outside the realm of acceptable behavior.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lol yeah, lawyers are gonna fight a school suspension over conduct in a brawl. Big money winner there.

Mug wouldn’t lie about what he saw, we all know him. It doesn’t matter what team anyone roots for, nobody is going to take you seriously when he says he saw it. He’s that kind of guy, and you are...?

I don't know you and I don't know Mug.  I'm not one to follow the kool aid line.  All I'm asking for is proof.  Do you have it?  

3 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Credible witnesses are "proof" enough.  For thousands of years society has maintained order without the convenience of celphone cameras.

If video emerges then by all means use it.  But there were enough stadium staff present to get some statements of what happened.

Murray and mugtang are credible enough (to me) to convince me that something did happen, but where more needs to be established is intent... if the helmet was being swung at heads then the severity is different than if it is being swung at hands.

2 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Credible witnesses are "proof" enough.  For thousands of years society has maintained order without the convenience of celphone cameras.

If video emerges then by all means use it.  But there were enough stadium staff present to get some statements of what happened.

Murray and mugtang are credible enough (to me) to convince me that something did happen, but where more needs to be established is intent... if the helmet was being swung at heads then the severity is different than if it is being swung at hands.

I'm all for punishment when it is due.  Was he swinging his helmet at reno fans?  Rebel players bust their asses off all season win or lose.  I'm going to have their backs until they don't deserve it.  You can defend whomever you want.  

2 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Pretty much.  i have 0 doubt Mug saw what he saw.  He is as credible as anybody.  Like you said though, there is a big difference between swinging it at a fan with intent to hurt or swinging it at a head and swinging it at hands reaching for him and his teammates.