Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada - The battle for UNLV's Fremont Cannon

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not really.  This is Reno's to own, or not to own.

Of course you think that. You also think that nothing bad ever happens at games in Boise or that your fans or players never act like idiots, so I don't really care what you think

5 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Of course you think that. You also think that nothing bad ever happens at games in Boise or that your fans or players never act like idiots, so I don't really care what you think

Reno trash gunna reno trash.  You are already on here minimizing saying it was a "shove" (BS).  Showing stills of what looks like a UNLV player trying to grab his helmet away from Nevada fans and saying it was him swinging it at Nevada fans and talking about a little trash talk.

Players talk trash, it happens.  Nevada sucker punched the QB looking in the opposite direction, the fans attacked the players, and garbage rained down on the players and administration.

No, one side needs to own this.  Just one.  This is on Nevada.

36 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

My thoughts on the game and the ensuing melee:

* Nevada gave up way too many big plays and that killed them. I thought the Pack outplayed Vegas except for those big plays, but that hardly matters at the end of the day. 

* The UNLV QB looked good. He should be a good QB for the Rebels going forward.

* The UNLV QB also conveniently left out that he was talking trash before he was shoved, only saying he was "celebrating". 

* The celebration by Jenkins taunting the fans and running down the Nevada sidelines taunting the Pack was low class. 

* Arnold shoving Oblad was even more low class. 

* The video coming out today shows that it was a shove, not a punch.....still classless. 

* The fans who threw garbage on the field didn't help matters at all. 

* There is plenty of blame to go around on this. 

I saw the fight through the lens of the guys covering the game on AT&T net. I’m not even gonna comment because everyone has an perspective and opinion and it’s largely based on which university you attended.

I will say this. Probably the best football played by both teams in a game I’ve watched.

I will also say this too. I wish Nevada could land some of the high major talent Northern Nevada is producing. Other than the WR who ran by the Nevada sideline to start things moving in the wrong direction the push of Vegas QB was a Gorman v Liberty grudge match. You know that started long before yesterday’s game. More high schoolers from in-state would take the rivalry to another level. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I saw the fight through the lens of the guys covering the game on AT&T net. I’m not even gonna comment because everyone has an perspective and opinion and it’s largely based on which university you attended.

I will say this. Probably the best football played by both teams in a game I’ve watched.

I will also say this too. I wish Nevada could land some of the high major talent Northern Nevada is producing. Other than the WR who ran by the Nevada sideline to start things moving in the wrong direction the push of Vegas QB was a Gorman v Liberty grudge match. You know that started long before yesterday’s game. More high schoolers from in-state would take the rivalry to another level. 

Of course that's what started it all, lol.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Of course that's what started it all, lol.

You know what’s funny about that. An older Vegas player or coach was screaming at him for doing it... neither noticing the fight in the end zone. 😂

First world problems. Can’t wait to see next years death match in Vegas. 

4 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I would still like to know what happened to Magyar.  Magyar is a beast when you need to pound out a few yards.  Instead we saw some kid named Reese who we've never seen before.  To me that was a WTF are they doing moment.  Anybody know what happened to Magyar?

He got a concussion and was held out. 

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Probably the best football played by both teams in a game you've watched?  Perhaps you could say that from a UNLV perspective (their Vanderbilt win was impressive), but we really shat the bed - it was a horribly played game on our part in almost every phase of the game so I'm really confused by how you define "best played."  Hats off to UNLV - they deserved the win.  

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Yes, we get it:

Nevada...devils

UNLV. .angels

Not what I and others are saying. One team had a player sucker punch somebody from the opposing team.  Their fans then assaulted other players from the stands, while garbage was pelted at players and administrators from Vegas.  This is not a "both sides" issue.  One side needs to own their shit and judging by the Pack fans on this thread, that certainly will not be happening without autistic screeches of "But Boise!!!!!" and "Trash talking!!!!"

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reno trash gunna reno trash.  You are already on here minimizing saying it was a "shove" (BS).  Showing stills of what looks like a UNLV player trying to grab his helmet away from Nevada fans and saying it was him swinging it at Nevada fans and talking about a little trash talk.

Players talk trash, it happens.  Nevada sucker punched the QB looking in the opposite direction, the fans attacked the players, and garbage rained down on the players and administration.

No, one side needs to own this.  Just one.  This is on Nevada.

This is on Nevada and UNLV played a part in it as well.  The other thing that is on you is the irrefutable truth that you are a douche bag, but I'm sure other things in your life have played a part in the evolution of your douche cycle.  So, it's not all on you - it rarely is the fault of one party!   WTF, anyway?   Let us argue and debate with the UNLV fans and stay the hell out of our shitty football team debate.  

57 minutes ago, Wolfhomie said:

This is on Nevada Reno and UNLV played a part in it as well.  The other thing that is on you is the irrefutable truth that you are a douche bag, but I'm sure other things in your life have played a part in the evolution of your douche cycle.  So, it's not all on you - it rarely is the fault of one party!   WTF, anyway?   Let us argue and debate with the UNLV fans and stay the hell out of our shitty football team debate.  

FIFY.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not what I and others are saying. One team had a player sucker punch somebody from the opposing team.  Their fans then assaulted other players from the stands, while garbage was pelted at players and administrators from Vegas.  This is not a "both sides" issue.  One side needs to own their shit and judging by the Pack fans on this thread, that certainly will not be happening without autistic screeches of "But Boise!!!!!" and "Trash talking!!!!"

They also are touting a grassy knoll theory that a Rebel player was swinging his helmet at fans to make us look culpable in this.  Yet no evidence can be found to prove this happened.  We are supposed to bend over and accept that as fact because a reno news guy and one other reno fan on this board allegedly saw this.  Just hard to believe with all the cellphones and cameras rolling during that heated moment that they can't find proof.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So, it sounds to me that it's exactly what you're saying. 

UNLV bears no responsibility?

21 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

They also are touting a grassy knoll theory that a Rebel player was swinging his helmet at fans to make us look culpable in this.  Yet no evidence can be found to prove this happened.  We are supposed to bend over and accept that as fact because a reno news guy and one other reno fan on this board allegedly saw this.  Just hard to believe with all the cellphones and cameras rolling during that heated moment that they can't find proof.

5 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I'm sure I saw a video of it somewhere, but here's a picture of it. 

unlv-nevada.jpg

The picture above shows him swinging his helmet toward the fan.  The helmet taking incident happened on the other side of the goal post.  Here you can see him being pushed away from the fans by his fellow teammates.  

He will be suspended for the season opener for his actions.  We will have several players suspended for the bowl game and possibly longer because of their actions.  You will have several players suspended as well for next years season opener.   When Fauolo is suspended will you admit you were wrong?  If he’s not suspended I will gladly admit that I was wrong and didn’t see what I saw. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

28 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

@mugtang owns this board and has more credibility on this board than any poster. And that Reno news guy happens to be the best reporter in this conference. I have no idea what happened, because I wasn’t there. And honestly, I don’t really care that much. But it’s not like it’s nothing. 

5 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I'm sure I saw a video of it somewhere, but here's a picture of it. 

unlv-nevada.jpg

What’s the other guy pointing at next to him? Any chance Giovanni is grabbing his helmet AWAY from him? I know I saw an attempt to pull a second helmet off, not sure if it was here though. 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

What’s the other guy pointing at next to him? Any chance Giovanni is grabbing his helmet AWAY from him? I know I saw an attempt to pull a second helmet off, not sure if it was here though. 

Nobody is reaching out for his helmet though.  If he had just pulled it away from somebody their hands would likely still be in the picture.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater