Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada - The battle for UNLV's Fremont Cannon

42 minutes ago, toonkee said:

For the record I found Murray's write-up on the game quite fair although he did claim a rebel player was swinging his helmet at fans in the stands and I'm not sure that has been corroborated yet. There's an inconclusive photo of it, however, so we'll see.

It’s s claim made by a twitter troll posting and out of context picture

4 minutes ago, TheJackel said:

It’s s claim made by a twitter troll posting and out of context picture

yeah, the fans grabbed at more than one helmet, they were only successful in removing the one. I think Faolo was holding on to it so they didn't take it. But yeah, we'll see.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

For the record I found Murray's write-up on the game quite fair although he did claim a rebel player was swinging his helmet at fans in the stands and I'm not sure that has been corroborated yet. There's an inconclusive photo of it, however, so we'll see.

For the record I did see that happen. It was on the east side of the zonie section (The main fight happened on the west side). Obviously I don’t have a video of that happening and didn’t see what caused the UNLV player to do that.  It was when the UNLV players were heading back to their locker room.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

For the record I did see that happen. It was on the east side of the zonie section (The main fight happened on the west side). Obviously I don’t have a video of that happening and didn’t see what caused the UNLV player to do that.  It was when the UNLV players were heading back to their locker room.   

Dang. Bummed to hear that it's true. Disappointing. Thanks for the corroboration.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Dang. Bummed to hear that it's true. Disappointing. Thanks for the corroboration.

Come on man.  If it even happened at all would you be bummed if he were protecting himself.  You don’t know what happened if anything happened at all.  Just because a reno fan saw something and a reporter says he saw something doesn’t make the player guilty.

what we saw with Oblad was captured on film.  You can’t deny the battery that occurred in that case.

40 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Come on man.  If it even happened at all would you be bummed if he were protecting himself.  You don’t know what happened if anything happened at all.  Just because a reno fan saw something and a reporter says he saw something doesn’t make the player guilty.

what we saw with Oblad was captured on film.  You can’t deny the battery that occurred in that case.

In Mug I trust. 

Two fighting incidents for UNLV in three years.  Women's hoops vs USU in 2017 and now this.  Brawlers and ballers

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Was the helmet swinging anywhere near fans' heads or where it could do serious bodily injury?  From the photo it just shows the helmet at the level of outstretched arms.

5 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Was the helmet swinging anywhere near fans' heads or where it could do serious bodily injury?  From the photo it just shows the helmet at the level of outstretched arms.

He appeared to be swinging it at the fans. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Yeah it sure looks like the Rebel player was swinging that helmet at fans.  :rolleyes:

It happened on the other side of the stands.  To the left of the goal post, or the east side of the endzone section.  After what is shown in those videos. 

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It happened on the other side of the stands.  To the left of the goal post, or the east side of the endzone section.  

Something of that significance you would expect to see some video of it.  In the other videos fans had out cellphones everywhere trying to catch the moments.  Show me proof.  It should be out there if it happened.

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

it was #45 for unlv.

Congrats Rebels. That was one hell of a game. Both sides played pretty decent football. I thought Norvell summed it up best when he said Vegas made big plays offensively and Nevada didn’t on either side of the ball.

Two plays stand out for me. Tua’s inadvertent hands to the face in the first drive. I honestly think Nevada would have scored on that drive instead Nevada gives the ball back and Vegas has all the momentum for most of the game. Second was the missed FG. Nevada’s kicking game has been nails this year. That miss proved huge. 

3-5. Who would thought Sanchez would chit the bed against the rest of the league but win 60% of the time in the cannon game?!

This game was the exclamation point on a crappy few weeks...

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Congrats Rebels. That was one hell of a game. Both sides played pretty decent football. I thought Norvell summed it up best when he said Vegas made big plays offensively and Nevada didn’t on either side of the ball.

Two plays stand out for me. Tua’s inadvertent hands to the face in the first drive. I honestly think Nevada would have scored on that drive instead Nevada gives the ball back and Vegas has all the momentum for most of the game. Second was the missed FG. Nevada’s kicking game has been nails this year. That miss proved huge. 

3-5. Who would thought Sanchez would chit the bed against the rest of the league but win 60% of the time in the cannon game?!

This game was the exclamation point on a crappy few weeks...

"Crappy few weeks"?

I thought things were going well, FB became bowl eligible with big wins against SDSU and Fresno and BB won the Paradise Jam. That's crappy?

12 minutes ago, renoskier said:

"Crappy few weeks"?

I thought things were going well, FB became bowl eligible with big wins against SDSU and Fresno and BB won the Paradise Jam. That's crappy?

Oh. Sorry. Yeah I thought Nevada played really well down the stretch and even against Vegas in the loss. I just meant personally it was a chitty few weeks. 

UNLV freshman quarterback Kenyon Oblad has been named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.

The first Rebel to earn the honor on the offensive side since fellow-QB Armani Rogers on Nov. 20, 2017, Oblad is a local product from Liberty High School. He ranks third in the conference with 18 touchdown passes and on Saturday broke the school record for completion percentage by a freshman in a game (72.7%) during a 33-30 overtime victory at UNR. 

Kenyon Oblad