Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Who is the MW OPOTY?

I think Weaver has DPOTY, although Luq Barcoo wouldn't be a bad choice. COTY will likely be Harsin or Rolo. But there is no one that doesn't have warts on the offensive side. Cole McDonald would be a good choice, but can you really give the award to a guy that has been benched multiple times? Josh Love is the best player in the league, but his team is 4-7. No RBs stuck out this year. No WR had a year worthy of winning it. Bachmeier woulda been in the conversation had he stayed healthy. Dark horse, maybe Darrell Hammond III. All of the top candidates are pretty meh. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bach would have been a lock had he stayed healthy.  Got to be McDonald.

Boise's play-by-play guy is voting for Josh Love. In conference games, Love is averaging 358 ypg. Cole is averaging 262 ypg. 

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

Weaver should be DPOY. Wilson of Wyoming had a good year, but not as good as Weaver. 

OPOY? I bet McDonald wins it 

Cole will likely win it. And if he does, he'll be the worst OPOTY on the most mediocre team to ever win it. 

I would vote for Hightower as the OPOTY but he is underutilized. Boise just uses him for big games.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

I'm not a fan of Cole getting it. I wish Bachmeier hadn't been hurt. He was playing fantastic. SJSU has a dang good receiver. Don't remember the name or his stats, but the guy is a baller. Maybe it needs to go to a non-QB. 

No one really stands out. There is no RB or WR that has had an eye popping year. Really average seasons across the board. 

That's why I think Josh Love should get it. Normally it goes to a player on one of the top teams. But in a year where no one stands out on those teams, it might as well go to the player who easily had the best year. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

No one really stands out. There is no RB or WR that has had an eye popping year. Really average seasons across the board. 

That's why I think Josh Love should get it. Normally it goes to a player on one of the top teams. But in a year where no one stands out on those teams, it might as well go to the player who easily had the best year. 

I just looked at the league stats, and you're right. Statistically, no one really stands out in this conference. But Josh Love's passing yards are about 500 more than anyone else.

Defensively, definitely Weaver. Barcoo does have 8 INTs (twice the second place player), so I could see an argument there. But Weaver's sack/tackles for loss numbers are impressive.

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

What about the other MW OPOTY, as in Mountain West Official Pansy of the Year?

That would be the Spaztecs offense

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor