Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Mountain>>West: Is gap Huge and Insurmountable?

15 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

If only USU played in the West and only had one tough game a year as opposed to three or four. You seem well versed in ancient history.I like talking about history. How many years has it been since Hawaii's last conference championship title? 

Lol, I just checked out your 2012 WAC season where you won your 1st and only D-1 conference championship. ...lol

7 team WAC with Idaho, New Mexico St, Texas St, San Jose st, La Tech and UTSA,    Lmao,,,,, there was FCS conferences better than that.

this is some funny shit, 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

37 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Lol, I just checked out your 2012 WAC season where you won your 1st and only D-1 conference championship. ...lol

7 team WAC with Idaho, New Mexico St, Texas St, San Jose st, La Tech and UTSA,    Lmao,,,,, there was FCS conferences better than that.

this is some funny shit, 

Funnier than having the third worst winning percentage in the MW and getting smoked by USU consistently over the past decade? I’d at least get scoreboard once before opening my mouth, or even keep one of the games within 2 scores. 

I guess I should be more grateful to you as a Hawai’i fan though. After all it was the First win against Hawai’i in 2011 that spring boarded the Aggies into Better on the field performance, so thank you. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, madmartigan said:

It is generally accepted here that the Mountain is superior top to bottom to the West in every way imaginable. I was curious if the gap was becoming too wide for the West to overcome, and came up with some interesting Stats. Since 2013, when the MW added USU and SJSU here are a few numbers to digest: 

Head to Head: Mountain Leads the west 82-51, winning 62% of the time. 

Only one West team has a winning record against Mountain teams since 2013: San Diego State with a 78% win rate

Notable Win Rates by program:

Air Force holds a 60% win rate over west teams, Boise 76%, Colorado State 73%, Utah State 77%.

The easiest way to get to a bowl for many teams in the Mountain is clear: play as many west teams as you can.  

Overall W/L Records since 2013: 

West: 238-289

Mountain: 287-241 

I haven't dug deeply into the recruiting, but Boise and CSU are recruiting at a higher level than the rest of the conference in general. I am concerned that the west is too bottom heavy to truly ever present a challenge to most of the Mountain. If we are to be a well respected conference it's clear the West needs to up its game and be a little more competitive on the field. 

Curious your thoughts:  @#1Stunner@kingpotato @halfmanhalfbronco@BSUTOP25

It's spelled SEC Mountain 

22 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Funnier than having the third worst winning percentage in the MW and getting smoked by USU consistently over the past decade? I’d at least get scoreboard once before opening my mouth, or even keep one of the games within 2 scores. 

I guess I should be more grateful to you as a Hawai’i fan though. After all it was the First win against Hawai’i in 2011 that spring boarded the Aggies into Better on the field performance, so thank you. 

Win a couple real FBS conference championships then come back and talk. Other than that you will  be forever viewed by the college football world as a bottom feeder WAC team. Or the laughing stock of the FBS world.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

19 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Whoop dee do, you got wins over a Norm Chow coached team, who didn’t? Great accomplishment, on par for Utah St football. Your biggest wins are against a Norm Chow team...lmao

16 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I looked it up, ironic that Hawaii has the third worst winning % since 2013, ahead of SJSU and UNLV. Losing really is the norm in the West. 

So the three worst teams historically are all in the West. Least surprising thing ever posted on this board. 

11 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The west has two dead weight programs in SJSU and UNLV. The east has only one in UNM. Take those out of the equation and it’s pretty even. 

False...SEC mountain also has CSU as dead weight.  It's time for them to go to the big west and quit weighing the Pokes and the rest of the division down!

9 hours ago, Warbow said:

Whoop dee do, you got wins over a Norm Chow coached team, who didn’t? Great accomplishment, on par for Utah St football. Your biggest wins are against a Norm Chow team...lmao

Hawai'i was coached by Norm Chow in 2017 (37-0) and 2018 (56-17 on the island)? News to me? Tell me more about  how Hawaii was good two decades ago and how that matters at all now. 

But I digress, this isn't about one single program. I'm glad to see Hawaii back to its winning ways. Hawaii still managed to lose 2/3 against the MTN division, but in fairness those are the two top teams in the MTN and lucky for you, you play in the West where you don't have to face that kind of stiff competition week in and week out. 2/3 is pretty on par with your lifetime record of 5-16 vs superior MTN teams. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

SDSU does just pretty well for themselves against anyone in this conference.  Even with a net negative offense we still win games against the Mtn. :coffeecomputer:

Yeah SDSU has by far the highest winning % against the SEC Mtn and the second highest winning percentage since the MW was reorganized in 2013. SDSU certainly pulls their weight. 

8 hours ago, Fowl said:

I’m sensing some bad MWC championship juju on behalf of the Boise brigade...

It's one of the most powerful forces on the planet. Boise St. can lay an egg on any given day of the week without bad juju. I will not help it lay more.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

SDSU does just pretty well for themselves against anyone in this conference.  Even with a net negative offense we still win games against the Mtn. :coffeecomputer:

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Yeah SDSU has by far the highest winning % against the SEC Mtn and the second highest winning percentage since the MW was reorganized in 2013. SDSU certainly pulls their weight. 

I’d be willing for the SEC Mountain teams to grant SUDS 2 for 1s because of their relative competitiveness. Plus, we don’t have to buy tickets to their games as they don’t check at the gate .. can just walk in free. That’s a nice perk.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

43 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’d be willing for the SEC Mountain teams to grant SUDS 2 for 1s because of their relative competitiveness. Plus, we don’t have to buy tickets to their games as they don’t check at the gate .. can just walk in free. That’s a nice perk.

This year, I even walked up to the SUDS club level for free. Not a soul was checking tickets.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It is a privilege for you to come to SD and get stuck in our mud checking out walls and attend a game.  We require hotel receipts as proof of toll payment to enter the stadium.

Tickets not required.  We are a hospitable and understanding bunch.  We know you shouldn't have to pay to sit in that stadium and witness SDSU's offense.  But try and steal a beer from a tailgate and you will be swiftly removed in the most embarrassing of fashions (a few Wyo fans know about this).

19 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

No, domination of the conference is not an insurmountable challenge....

To claim a Mountain West Championship, you need to sweep the best teams in the MOUNTAIN and the WEST.

This season, BYU has done just that.   

BYU is the 2019 Mountain West Conference Champion, with victories over the following:

BOISE

USU

SDSU (occurring this weekend)

HAWAII (occurring on December 24)

I heard we are going to Vegas 

Related image

14 hours ago, Warbow said:

this is some funny shit, 

That actually was (randomly) a really good year for the WAC.  USU and SJSU both in Top 10 at one point weren't they?