Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Mountain>>West: Is gap Huge and Insurmountable?

Bottom line is, due to the West being an incredibly poor division, with little depth, the MWC champ has struggled getting respect.  The Mountain division has been the strongest G5 division over the course of several years, while the West has been one of the weakest G5 divisions.

We really need to figure out how to incentivize the programs in the West.  I think a 65/35 revenue split is the way to go, until such time as the West pulls their weight.

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Sadly, mountain teams don't get the benefit of playing weak teams like: San Jose, UNLV, and until recently Hawaii every year. We have to go through the gauntlet and beat up on each other every year. 

Well you always have New Mexico, Colorado St and until recently Utah St. to get your wins from.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

USU has the third best winning % since 2013, behind Boise and SDSU.

And have thoroughly beaten Hawai’i each and every time we’ve played as MW members- as a side note. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ya okay, keep riding Boise's coat-tails. Minus Boise St, that division is crap.  

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

And have thoroughly beaten Hawai’i each and every time we’ve played as MW members- as a side note. 

That's after getting pounded by Hawaii the previous 20 years.

8 minutes ago, Warbow said:

That's after getting pounded by Hawaii the previous 20 years.

Tell me more about the last time you beat Utah State ten years ago. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I looked it up, ironic that Hawaii has the third worst winning % since 2013, ahead of SJSU and UNLV. Losing really is the norm in the West. 

17 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

In what sorta alternate universe is an fing USU fan slinging chit about football?

As has been noted, third best winning percentage since it was added to the MW in 2013. Only behind BSU and SDSU. Also, definitely ahead of Nevada. 

29 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

As has been noted, third best winning percentage since it was added to the MW in 2013. Only behind BSU and SDSU. Also, definitely ahead of Nevada. 

And a whole big 1 D-1 conference championships 😂

6 minutes ago, Warbow said:

And a whole big 1 D-1 conference championships 😂

If only USU played in the West and only had one tough game a year as opposed to three or four. You seem well versed in ancient history.I like talking about history. How many years has it been since Hawaii's last conference championship title?