Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State at Colorado State

This seems like a big time trap game to me.  All the talk is about next week's championship game - and there is going to be adversity this week.  Denver has cancelled flights.  Fort Collins has 18" of snow and counting, with more expected on game day.  It's the first day game for Boise since the season opener at Florida State. F*** Black Friday...Boise State is 3-3 all-time on Black Friday, and 1-3 in road games. The sole road victory came Nov. 27, 2015, at San Jose State (40-23). The losses came at 13th-ranked Hawaii in 2007 (39-27), at 19th ranked Nevada in 2010 (34-31, OT) and at Air Force in 2016 (27-20). 

Boise State is a perfect 8-0 against Colorado State, including a 4-0 mark in road games. In the only previous meeting at Canvas Stadium, the Broncos overcame a 25-point deficit – on multiple occasions – to defeat the Rams in overtime, 59-52.

The Broncos and Rams are slated to kick at 1:30 p.m. at Canvas Stadium, and the game will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network.

Coach Harsin said in his press conference that his guys will ready to play, because they know that if they win they'll be the first Boise team to go through the regular season undefeated in-conference since joining the Mountain West.

He also said that they re-watch the 2017 Colorado State game quite a bit, because nothing was going right early on but Boise still pulled out the W.

6 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This seems like a big time trap game to me.  All the talk is about next week's championship game - and there is going to be adversity this week.  Denver has cancelled flights.  Fort Collins has 18" of snow and counting, with more expected on game day.  It's the first day game for Boise since the season opener at Florida State. F*** Black Friday...Boise State is 3-3 all-time on Black Friday, and 1-3 in road games. The sole road victory came Nov. 27, 2015, at San Jose State (40-23). The losses came at 13th-ranked Hawaii in 2007 (39-27), at 19th ranked Nevada in 2010 (34-31, OT) and at Air Force in 2016 (27-20). 

Boise State is a perfect 8-0 against Colorado State, including a 4-0 mark in road games. In the only previous meeting at Canvas Stadium, the Broncos overcame a 25-point deficit – on multiple occasions – to defeat the Rams in overtime, 59-52.

The Broncos and Rams are slated to kick at 1:30 p.m. at Canvas Stadium, and the game will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network.

Just had to bring up Reno/Kapernick/Brotzman fiasco....barf

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I expect this will be a close game. I do like Boise's run game against a weak CSU run D. Hopefully Holani runs wild. 

FIFY

It will be a game for about 1.5 quarters, then the floodgates will open.

I would say don't be surprised if we're tied or leading going into half. Been right there all year at that point but the second half collapse is almost inevitable at this point. And that doesn't just go back through this year. You guys obviously know about your comeback against us two years ago, but SJSU scored 30 points in the third quarter against us last year too. Weather won't be an issue since this is football and you guys aren't pansies. 

Also, does this game on Rivalry week mean we're rivals? Because that would be another sure win for you guys. 

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Don't expect anyone in the stands either.  Tickets sold may be in the 20k range, but I have to imagine the butts in seats will be half that.  It's time for Bobo to say hello to the exit door.

I hope Boise is pumping in extra silence during this week's practices.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes