#1Stunner

BYU savoring opportunity to give SDSU a beatdown

This win does take some of the sting out of losing the division Championship. A Boise - Aztec tussle would have been a terrific game. 

But, it still hurts. 

• Like 1

I hope Hawai’i wipes the floor with them also.

• Cheers 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

SDSU has great cover corners which allows them to blitz a lot. 

Man, what I wouldn't give for those corners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

The corners and MLB are the keys to why their defense is so good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Luke Barcoo could have sealed the deal midway through the 4th quarter when he dropped that pic-six.

fozzie bear facepalm GIF

Rocky Long is one of the best coaches in the country. He has always been a pain in the ass for BYU. 

SDSU QB was good.

BYU probably should have went with Romney. Playing our 4th and 5th string RB didn’t help either. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Seems like just a few years ago SDSU had NFL quality RBs and a great offense.  What happened?

The last two years the  Oline became horrible ,gives up  6 TFL a game not including 1.5 sacks(which is fine). The backs are fine if they get some kind of hole. The play calling is incredibly predictable everyone knows what is coming.

I’m surprised some P5 school or NFL team hasn’t offered Long twice what he makes at SDSU as a head coach to be their DC. 

Ill be glad when he finally retires. 

Zac Arnett Suds DC is being mentioned as a possible HC candidate for UNM being a New Mexico native and former Lobo LB. I don't think he is ready yet to be a HC but I would like him running our D and being groomed as a possible future Lobo HC.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Two quick comments

1. Big props to Carson Baker.

2. How in the world did the Stunners ever beat Boise State?

The defense bit on two critical fake plays resulting in scores where BYU was otherwise stopped. Add to that Cord is not as good as Henderson let alone Bachmeier.  Really cold, slushy weather and it being on the road.  Just a perfect storm to lose to an average team. It's hard going undefeated.  

SDSU looked really good.  I said last week I would rather play SDSU then Hawaii, I take that back.  Much more confident we can beat the bows then I would be playing SDSU's D.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robe said:

Rocky Long is one of the best coaches in the country. He has always been a pain in the ass for BYU. 

SDSU QB was good.

BYU probably should have went with Romney. Playing our 4th and 5th string RB didn’t help either. 

Your RBs were indeed quite unimpressive.

Baker was helped by the fact that your front seven was similarly unimpressive in getting pressure on him despite how mediocre our OL is.

As to Rocky, he's as good a defensive coach as there is. However, he's clueless about how important it is for his offense to put points on the board rather than merely burning the clock. If this SDSU team had even an average scoring offense, we would be 12-0 now and headed to the NY6 bowl.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:13 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Tempting board Juju?  Brave man, stunner.

Will they never learn?  Even a fool may be wise after the event.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU looked really good.  I said last week I would rather play SDSU then Hawaii, I take that back.  Much more confident we can beat the bows then I would be playing SDSU's D.

Our offense hasn't changed much from last year, still pathetic.  So given last year's result, and that this year's defense is better, Hawaii is the strategic move.  Always should have been.

43 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Yeah, pretty average. He is projected as a possible day 2 draftee. Very pedestrian indeed.

I thought he was good then he didn't make that easy play when he had the angle. Left his jock on the field. There are probably 100 LBs that would have made that play. That one play will haunt him

Stunner was licking his chops and I was agreeing with him. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I thought he was good then he didn't make that easy play when he had the angle. Left his jock on the field. There are probably 100 LBs that would have made that play. That one play will haunt him

That dude makes about a hundred good plays for one bad one. He was there but just overran the ball carrier. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

:facepalm:

29 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

This win does take some of the sting out of losing the division Championship. A Boise - Aztec tussle would have been a terrific game. 

But, it still hurts. 

Agreed. Boise vs SDSU would have been a crazy good defensive battle.

But I'm so glad SDSU did what Boise couldn't and beat the Y.