Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU savoring opportunity to give SDSU a beatdown

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

There is going to be 20,000 BYU fans at this game (I hope....if weather is bad, maybe not!!!)

Rocky put out a challenge today in his presser. He said SDSU will have 30,000 -35,000 there so if the attendance is shy of 40k then BYU will be proven that they don’t bring any fans. 

Mr. @#1Stunner you will be there correct?

This game should be a lay up for BYU. Rocky only cares about conference play and conference championships.  That ended last week and this game has no significance to him and the team.  He views non conference games before league play as preparation for league play.  This game is like a bowl game in Rocky’s mind and just look at his bowl record.

38 minutes ago, Fowl said:

This game should be a lay up for BYU. Rocky only cares about conference play and conference championships.  That ended last week and this game has no significance to him and the team.  He views non conference games before league play as preparation for league play.  This game is like a bowl game in Rocky’s mind and just look at his bowl record.

Yeah that about sums it up. Rocky clarified his remarks about BYU that if no one in the MWC played them they would have to  return to the league. His previous answer was to a question by a reporter about playing BYU

In what would make BYU come back to the Mountain West

: “I already just mentioned that I think that BYU would be a very strong addition to our league and would help our league entirely and I think they'll come back if people don't schedule. If we will not schedule them so they have an unbelievable hard time of developing a schedule, that might make them come back into the league. I don't have anything against BYU. In fact, my mother and father are alumni of BYU, they both graduated. They met there, they got married there, I was born there. I mean, I have nothing against BYU and I think they'd be a strong addition to our league. And the way to get them back is to not schedule them. Make them hunt and peck and try to find the schedule. I mean, half their schedule or three-fourths of their schedule are Mountain West Conference teams already.”

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1325834386_ElderMcQuervoBestJpeg.JPG.8bc44fe7fd8cdf7396310b7987395bd7.JPG

Come see me if you require a Blessing or a Jell-O Shot (or other).  Sideline pass (last one I had was in the 90's against these clowns, their President had to issue a public apology for racist remarks from the YBU Db's that got picked up on the field audio and amplified on National TV).

Go Aztecs!

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, Fowl said:

Rocky put out a challenge today in his presser. He said SDSU will have 30,000 -35,000 there so if the attendance is shy of 40k then BYU will be proven that they don’t bring any fans. 

Mr. @#1Stunner you will be there correct?

I might be late.  Planning on tailgating at Hammond's for a few hours prior to kick-off.

Hoping for 10,000 BYU fans.

8 hours ago, Fowl said:

Your AD should get an ass kicking for letting this be scheduled as the last game of the year. FFS I can't imagine how pissed Rocky must have been when he heard about it. 

8 hours ago, steveem said:

Yeah that about sums it up. Rocky clarified his remarks about BYU that if no one in the MWC played them they would have to  return to the league. His previous answer was to a question by a reporter about playing BYU

: “I already just mentioned that I think that BYU would be a very strong addition to our league and would help our league entirely and I think they'll come back if people don't schedule. If we will not schedule them so they have an unbelievable hard time of developing a schedule, that might make them come back into the league. I don't have anything against BYU. In fact, my mother and father are alumni of BYU, they both graduated. They met there, they got married there, I was born there. I mean, I have nothing against BYU and I think they'd be a strong addition to our league. And the way to get them back is to not schedule them. Make them hunt and peck and try to find the schedule. I mean, half their schedule or three-fourths of their schedule are Mountain West Conference teams already.”

He is saying what everyone on this board has been saying since BYU left. Blackballing them would make filling their schedule very difficult. The problem is that AD's have a hard playing playing the long game these days when their job in part depends on generating revenue, and BYU games provide that. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, badfish said:

Already the worst offense in America now without our QB? If BYU loses, they truly +++++ing suck.

SDSU fans already making injury excuses.

As if BYU hasn't been hit hard by injuries all year.   I believe BYU is starting its 5th string RB on Saturday.   Plus, BYU's QB is coming back from a broken hand earlier in the season.

Spare me the excuses.   SDSU's starting QB was terrible anyway.  The backup is probably better.

Guest #1Stunner
9 hours ago, steveem said:

Looks like Rocky Long is already retreating from his earlier tough stance about BYU, and he's now praising BYU as the toughest team SDSU will face all season.  Rocky seems in awe of BYU football:

https://kslsports.com/423091/byu-san-diego-state-rocky-long-praises-cougars-as-best-team/

On his weekly interview with sports radio station XTRA 1360 in San Diego, Long has high praise for the Cougars.

BYU is – in my opinion – the best football team that we’ve played to this point in the season,” Long said. “They’re obviously mature young men. They’re the biggest and strongest team that we’ve played to this point. They had a little struggle in the middle of the season because their starting quarterback (Zach Wilson) got hurt. When he plays, they’re really, really good; and he’s back… it’s the best football team we’ve played all year. It’s going to be quite a challenge. It’s going to be tough. We’re going to show up and do the best we can.”

SDSULong-620x370.jpg

He does that four times year first it was USU then it Wyoming, then it was Fresno and the Hawaii.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, steveem said:

He does that four times year first it was USU then it Wyoming, then it was Fresno and the Hawaii.

What are your thoughts about Rocky?

BYU fans feel like they know what kind of coach he is, because Bronco Mendenhall (a Rocky Long protege) was just like him.  Overachiever coach, that gets very good results, but never achieves a big season.  Does very good with walk on players and coaching up talent.   Always has a few strange losses.

Honestly, a coach like Rocky Long / Bronco Mendenhall (or someone from their coaching tree) would be great at a program like UNLV, who desperately needs a coach who can get their pogram to consistent 9 win seasons.

But I wonder if Rocky is too old now, and if SDSU needs new blood.  Surprising how SDSU has extended Rocky.  You'd think he'd be retiring soon.  He's almost 70 years old.

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

SDSU fans already making injury excuses.

As if BYU hasn't been hit hard by injuries all year.   I believe BYU is starting its 5th string RB on Saturday.   Plus, BYU's QB is coming back from a broken hand earlier in the season.

Spare me the excuses.   SDSU's starting QB was terrible anyway.  The backup is probably better.

the backup have not played a single down The third string three wildcat plays,

Freddy Nietzsche

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, steveem said:

the backup have not played a single down The third string three wildcat plays,

That's college football.

BYU had to play its 3rd string QB for games against USU and Boise.   BYU has been moving players from LB over to RB, because all of the starters are out with injuries.

That said, SDSU is known for having the best athletes in the MWC.  Even the backups.   SDSU is in a rich recruiting area.

Agnew was not a terrible QB at all he was decent. Getting abuse form a BYU fan sort of makes us all remember what they were like and why we were glad to see them go.our gripe with Rocky is  about his not replacing his offensive staff.Yes it is Rocky's fault that wee have no backup worth a damn two FBS offers for four guys. Games so close none got in them. 

Freddy Nietzsche

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, steveem said:

Agnew was not a terrible QB at all he was decent. Getting abuse form a BYU fan sort of makes us all remember what they were like and why we were glad to see them go.our gripe with Rocky is  about his not replacing his offensive staff.Yes it is Rocky's fault that wee have no backup worth a damn two FBS offers for four guys. Games so close none got in them. 

Steve, my bad.

I shouldn't be talking trash...just can't help myself.  It's the El Cajon in me.  Forgive me!

SDSU is blessed to be in the most amazing city in the MWC.  It's an honor every time that BYU plays SDSU and USD in athletics competition.   The City of San Diego is the shining city on a hill and jewell of the MWC.

Also hoping that BYU and SDSU schedule a Tijuana game down the road.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

It's an SDSU thread. Some sh-thead AD managed to make byu* tangential to it. I guess there's a lot of them who feel sorry for byu*.

HA!

Watch SDSU take on the biggest opponent they will face all year this Saturday!

Tune your television set to CBS Sports.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

HA!

Watch SDSU take on the biggest opponent they will face all year this Saturday!

Tune your television set to CBS Sports.

I'll be watching the games of meaning and relevance- Oklahoma- Okie State, and then Fresno- SJSU, while wearing my Aztecs hat.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes