Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU savoring opportunity to give SDSU a beatdown

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

This is a BYU football game thread against SDSU.  You are upset that a BYU fan is following BYU?

Why are you posting in all of the BYU threads?

This is The MWC board, that’s why I’m on here. You need a life bro.  

Does your mom know your in basement on the message boards posting 3,000 posts per day??

keep hoping you can get into mwc, keep hope alive.  Until then. Keep posting 3,000 times per day.  Even On Sunday. 

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Rocky Long will now be the 3rd biggest BYU villain if all time!

Darnit!!!

I know June Jones has to be #1. Ruined your undefeated season and eliminated BYU from a BCS bowl.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, e-zone99 said:

I don't see enough good wins on Utah St schedule, their best win to date is 5-2 LSU...  Then who?  5-3 Montana St, who is an over half court buzzer beater (UNC Greensboro) away from being 4-4?  It would not be; 1-5 Weber St or 3-5 Denver or 2-6 North Carolina A&T or 1-6 UTSA or 2-5 North Texas.  They still have OOC game scheduled with 6-3 BYU (@Vivint Smart Home Arena/ Salt Lake City), 3-4 South Florida (Toyota Center/Houston, TX), and 6-2 #24 Florida (@BB&T Arena/Highland Heights, KY).  I'm not sure there is enough meat on that schedule to get an at-large for Utah St.   Look at BYU they will get their best player back (Childs 6' 8" 225; Last year 21.2 PPG, 9.7 RPG) for their game against Utah.  But in their 9 games without him they still had wins over 3-2 @Houston, 6-3 UCLA (Maui Jim Maui Invitational), and 6-2 Va Tech (Maui Jim Maui Invitational).  Losses; 8-0 San Diego St, 4-2 @Boise St (OT), and 6-1 Kansas (Maui Jim Maui Invitational).  BYU still has OOC games scheduled; 5-2 @Utah, 3-6 UNLV (@Vivint Smart Home Arena/ Salt Lake City), 5-3 Nevada, 7-1 Utah St (@Vivint Smart Home Arena/ Salt Lake City), 1-5 Weber St, and 3-4 Oral Roberts.

FWIW, LSU is still the best OOC win in the conference. If you guys can take care of business against BYU and Florida and manage to not lose the games you're supposed to win, you should be alright. Even with the loss at St.Mary's you guys have the 22nd best resume according to ESPN and are ranked #31 in Sagarin's ratings. If the selection committee was filling out the board tomorrow, I think both schools are in. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

9 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Aside from the MWCTCG, I don't think Kawhi was a Cougar killer per say. :shrug:

Perhaps, but that clap in Jimmer's face left a mark.

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Perhaps, but that clap in Jimmer's face left a mark.

That was a great night at the T&M. We were chanting “Frodo, Frodo” whenever he got the ball.  

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

11 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

I don't see enough good wins on Utah St schedule, their best win to date is 5-2 LSU...  Then who?  5-3 Montana St, who is an over half court buzzer beater (UNC Greensboro) away from being 4-4?  It would not be; 1-5 Weber St or 3-5 Denver or 2-6 North Carolina A&T or 1-6 UTSA or 2-5 North Texas.  They still have OOC game scheduled with 6-3 BYU (@Vivint Smart Home Arena/ Salt Lake City), 3-4 South Florida (Toyota Center/Houston, TX), and 6-2 #24 Florida (@BB&T Arena/Highland Heights, KY).  I'm not sure there is enough meat on that schedule to get an at-large for Utah St.   Look at BYU they will get their best player back (Childs 6' 8" 225; Last year 21.2 PPG, 9.7 RPG) for their game against Utah.  But in their 9 games without him they still had wins over 3-2 @Houston, 6-3 UCLA (Maui Jim Maui Invitational), and 6-2 Va Tech (Maui Jim Maui Invitational).  Losses; 8-0 San Diego St, 4-2 @Boise St (OT), and 6-1 Kansas (Maui Jim Maui Invitational).  BYU still has OOC games scheduled; 5-2 @Utah, 3-6 UNLV (@Vivint Smart Home Arena/ Salt Lake City), 5-3 Nevada, 7-1 Utah St (@Vivint Smart Home Arena/ Salt Lake City), 1-5 Weber St, and 3-4 Oral Roberts.

Good analysis. You're just like all the other mid majors, no room for error. Drop any of your remaining  OOC games and say bye-bye to an at large.  That's the new reality.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, Warbow said:

I know June Jones has to be #1. Ruined your undefeated season and eliminated BYU from a BCS bowl.

June Jones is for sure #1.   The name June Jones strikes fear in the hearts of all BYU fans.   What that guy did to BYU football was not right.

Kyle Whittingham (a BYU grad) is #2.

Rocky Long (from a BYU family) is now #3.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, steveem said:

He was referring to BYU scoring 10 points. Hawaii got 14, Fresno, 7.

I know.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:17 PM, Spaztecs said:

The BYU place kickers will be ostracized by their Church and University for decades.

As they should be.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:21 PM, SleepingGiantFan said:

Two quick comments

1. Big props to Carson Baker.

2. How in the world did the Stunners ever beat Boise State?

Significant changes to their offense in the week leading up to the BSU game (not on film), successful trick plays, precision passing from third-string freshman QB in his first start (Romney).  Even so, the adjustments BSU made would have resulted in a Bronco victory if they hadn't run out of time.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, Fowl said:

BYU dc is a moron. He only rushed three guys all night against a terrible OL and a fresh qb playing in his first game.  He apparently didn’t watch any film...

Correct.  They've been running this defense most of the year.  They seldom bring more than three rushers, allowing opposing QBs to pick them apart.  It worked against USC, but not really against anyone else.

19 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Ummm..  Bronco told everyone on the day he was hired at BYU that he didn't want to work at any one place for more than 10 years...  He stayed at BYU for 11 years.

He took the Virginia job because they made him one of the highest paid coaches in the AAC and the Country.   His Wife was thrilled (UVA has an equine program...all their kids are named after horses).

BYU hired Sitake.  Not a great coach.  But BYU hiring Sitake really has nothing to do with the MWC, unless you are suggesting that Sitake would feast on cream puffs in the MWC?  Is SDSU's secret to success playing in a weak, post TCU, BYU, Utah MWC?

I would think to some degree that is true. That version of the MWC was pretty nasty there for a few years. What could have been, had the P5 not come along to break it up? Hopefully, at some point, we can get Utah and TCU on our schedule. Would like to see how RL's hard nose Aztecs compete w our former conference mates.

22 hours ago, BSC said:

Nice Aztec win on a filler game.  That is what BYU has become.  Someone to fill out your schedule.  Nothing more.

I was never more wrong than when I said for the first few years that YBU had done a great thing in going independent. Granted they're earning considerably more TV revenue through the deal with ESPN. However, if that was all it was about I have to wonder whether Tom Holmoe wouldn't have done better by contacting Boise and SDSU and trying to get them to buy in on leveraging a change in MWC TV policy to allow for retention of all tier 3 rights. YBU wouldn't have earned as much as it has but the downside has been no conference football title to play for and being third fiddle to Gonzaga and St. Mary's in a WCC which is otherwise so minor league that most of us can probably only name half of the other schools. (Let's see, USD, LMU, Pepperdine, Santa Clara and uh . . .)

Fire Sitake? Maybe. But it's Holmoe that really needs to go.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I was never more wrong than when I said for the first few years that YBU had done a great thing in going independent. Granted they're earning considerably more TV revenue through the deal with ESPN. However, if that was all it was about I have to wonder whether Tom Holmoe wouldn't have done better by contacting Boise and SDSU and trying to get them to buy in on leveraging a change in MWC TV policy to allow for retention of all tier 3 rights. YBU wouldn't have earned as much as it has but the downside has been no conference football title to play for and being third fiddle to Gonzaga and St. Mary's in a WCC which is otherwise so minor league that most of us can probably only name half of the other schools. (Let's see, USD, LMU, Pepperdine, Santa Clara and uh . . .)

How can you say such a thing, when the new MWC TV contract hasn't been announced yet?

Are you a Facebook / Stadium guy?

On 11/30/2019 at 10:25 PM, Headbutt said:

Man, what I wouldn't give for those corners.

How about a couple of second round draft picks ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

21 hours ago, AggieSox said:

This is The MWC board, that’s why I’m on here. You need a life bro.  

Does your mom know your in basement on the message boards posting 3,000 posts per day??

keep hoping you can get into mwc, keep hope alive.  Until then. Keep posting 3,000 times per day.  Even On Sunday. 

Guy is an odd one for sure. Will claim "you're following him around" when you both arguing in the same thread. You are right. This is a MWC board. Not an irrelevant independent board. 

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Gonzaga has really stepped up their game since BYU joined the WCC.  But it's not so much Gonzaga and St Marys than has been BYU's problem in WCC basketball, it's those unexpected loss to the other WCC teams..  BYU won @Gonzaga 3 straight years in around (14-15 Gonzaga ranked #2, 15-16 Gonzaga ranked #21, & 16-17 Gonzaga ranked #1/their only regular season loss/Sr Night).  Other WCC sports BYU has done good job with a lot of national ranking and have won the last 7 straight WCC Commissioner Cup's (BYU finished 2nd in their 1st year in the WCC).  Example this Fall: Men's Cross Country National Champions, Women's Cross Country finished 2nd in the nation, Women's Soccer finished ranked 4th, and Women's Volleyball finished ranked 13th (got the 14th seed in the NCAA's).  I'm not sure how I could complain about those type of results.  Heck, BYU's men's club soccer team won their 9th club National Title this fall.

Football team had Utah, @Tennessee, USC, Washington, Boise St, @Utah St,  and @San Diego St on their schedule and still finished the season with 7 wins with 2 wins over teams currently ranked in the top 25.

How did this thread get hijacked into a CBB thread ?

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

Football team had Utah, @Tennessee, USC, Washington, Boise St, @Utah St,  and @San Diego St on their schedule and still finished the season with 7 wins with 2 wins over teams currently ranked in the top 25.

This is what fans of Indie teams do. Brag about random wins because they have no Conference title or CCG to talk about. Then they carry on about how nice it will be in Hawaii for their bowl game. Whether they plan to travel there or not.

Unless your  ND or Army,   Independence = searching for a reason to be.

Americans Mayor