Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU savoring opportunity to give SDSU a beatdown

15 hours ago, robe said:

Rocky Long is one of the best coaches in the country. He has always been a pain in the ass for BYU. 

SDSU QB was good.

BYU probably should have went with Romney. Playing our 4th and 5th string RB didn’t help either. 

Agree.

If I had to say the Aztec defense had a weakness, it is with QBs who can use their legs. They have been hurt numerous times when a qb breaks containment on blitz and all the qb sees is loads of empty turf and a whole lot of black shirts looking the other way.

Romney is a better dual threat than Wilson.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, Bob said:

Nevada sucks and you lost to them

Always lose 2 we shouldn't. Every Rocky year.

Bowl-unless we play someone of note, we will shiiiiii the bed too.

2 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Agree.

If I had to say the Aztec defense had a weakness, it is with QBs who can use their legs. They have been hurt numerous times when a qb breaks containment on blitz and all the qb sees is loads of empty turf and a whole lot of black shirts looking the other way.

Romney is a better dual threat than Wilson.

It seems like Romney makes quicker reads and better reads than Wilson, but Wilson has the stronger arm.  Last night I would have liked to see what Romney could have done, at least for a couple series.  Against Boise St Romney impressed me with how well he read their D and seemed to know where to go (nothing flashy, but every effective).  The other thing I would have liked to see was Jackson McChesney get a couple carries (they want to red-shirt him, so maybe they were worried about the 4 game limit).

Was listening to the BY-Who postgame last night and the Morning after review.  Who fans are absolutely. stunned.

The typical reaction was, "Yeah, they gotta good defense. But we're way better. We shouldn't have lost that game."

No, our defense dominated the game and owned BYU bitches.

"If our kicker makes those kicks, we gotta shot to win."

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Prior to the second fg attempt, Luq Barcoo dropped a gifted pic-six that would have sealed the deal. Even if they make those two kicks, it is still a 13-9 ballgame with 20 secs to play.

BYU was owned by a physically better team.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

Have to say this one was not good...  416 yards and only 3 points, it's pretty bad when your kicker can't make a FG longer than 24 yards.  He made the first from 24 yards, then missed from 26, followed by another miss from 26.  3 turnover, 2 turn overs on downs, and 2 missed chip shot FGs...

Yep - at least 100 of those yards were at garbage time. There could have been at least three more picks for the Aztecs. 

As a result of last night's loss to SUDS, @#1Stunner and @robe must to surrender the building below to @TheSanDiegan and @Old_SD_Dude and abandon any plans to expand the State of Deseret into California for 1 whole year.

045%20-%20San%20Diego%20California%20Tem

TSD and Old_SD_Dude, what do you guys plan to do with the building? Taqueria breastsurant and brew pub?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 11/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, #1Stunner said:

https://www.deseret.com/2019/11/25/20982006/byu-tough-opponent-in-regular-season-finale-sdsu

BYU savoring opportunity to ‘empty the tank’ against tough opponent in regular-season finale, even if SDSU coach isn’t thrilled with post-Thanksgiving matchup

“I like (matchups with old conference rivals),” Sitake said. “It is football. I didn’t know (Long) said that, but that’s OK. We will play this weekend. I know Rocky. He’s a good man, and competitive. I am just looking forward to the game. It is going to be a lot of fun.”

“They have had a really good season,” Sitake said. “They have been ranked. So they are a team that we are looking forward to playing. I like it being the last game of the season. We already know we are going to a bowl game and we are going to have some time to recover. Really, you just give everything you’ve got and empty everything.”

Didn't you guys lose? Is this about a future matchup? 

19 hours ago, Fowl said:

BYU dc is a moron. He only rushed three guys all night against a terrible OL and a fresh qb playing in his first game.  He apparently didn’t watch any film...

The only two teams that didn't stack the box against us were UCLA and the Enemy. Absolutely stupid D-Coord.

39 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

As a result of last night's loss to SUDS, @#1Stunner and @robe must to surrender the building below to @TheSanDiegan and @Old_SD_Dude and abandon any plans to expand the State of Deseret into California for 1 whole year.

TSD and Old_SD_Dude, what do you guys plan to do with the building? Taqueria breastsurant and brew pub?

TSD's Pants-Free Pointy Penis House is now open for business. Today's password is -

giphy.gif

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Guest #1Stunner

This was an absolute disaster!!!

Losing to San Diego State.  San Diego State!!

This is not one of BYU's better memories at Jack Murphy Stadium.

Guest #1Stunner

Worst part about this loss is how watched, followed, discussed, and popular this game was.

Top rivalry game of 2019, and game of the week on rivalry weekend in the MWC, and this disaster happened!!!

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Worst part about this loss is how watched, followed, discussed, and popular this game was.

Top rivalry game of 2019, and game of the week on rivalry weekend in the MWC, and this disaster happened!!!

Independence is what got you here.  Recruits want to sign with conference teams.  Bronco left when he found that out.  Admit it.  

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That image made me this song pop in my head:

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, aztech said:

Independence is what got you here.  Recruits want to sign with conference teams.  Bronco left when he found that out.  Admit it.  

Ummm..  Bronco told everyone on the day he was hired at BYU that he didn't want to work at any one place for more than 10 years...  He stayed at BYU for 11 years.

He took the Virginia job because they made him one of the highest paid coaches in the AAC and the Country.   His Wife was thrilled (UVA has an equine program...all their kids are named after horses).

BYU hired Sitake.  Not a great coach.  But BYU hiring Sitake really has nothing to do with the MWC, unless you are suggesting that Sitake would feast on cream puffs in the MWC?  Is SDSU's secret to success playing in a weak, post TCU, BYU, Utah MWC?

29 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This was an absolute disaster!!!

Losing to San Diego State.  San Diego State!!

This is not one of BYU's better memories at Jack Murphy Stadium.

I see you’ve already scaled back your plans. Good on you.

200px-Utah_Territory_with_Deseret_Border

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg