Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU savoring opportunity to give SDSU a beatdown

On 11/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, #1Stunner said:

https://www.deseret.com/2019/11/25/20982006/byu-tough-opponent-in-regular-season-finale-sdsu

BYU savoring opportunity to ‘empty the tank’ against tough opponent in regular-season finale, even if SDSU coach isn’t thrilled with post-Thanksgiving matchup

“I like (matchups with old conference rivals),” Sitake said. “It is football. I didn’t know (Long) said that, but that’s OK. We will play this weekend. I know Rocky. He’s a good man, and competitive. I am just looking forward to the game. It is going to be a lot of fun.”

“They have had a really good season,” Sitake said. “They have been ranked. So they are a team that we are looking forward to playing. I like it being the last game of the season. We already know we are going to a bowl game and we are going to have some time to recover. Really, you just give everything you’ve got and empty everything.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh wait. Why am I following you around?! HAHAHAHA!

Guest #1Stunner

Wow!  That was a disaster!!!

The massacre in San Diego.  Rocky Long destroyed BYU on national television.   Terrible that this was the biggest game in the MWC last night.

San Diego is clearly the best team in the MWC this year.

Fire Sitake.  Cancel the Hawaii Bowl.

h0f6pas019sz.png?auto=webp&s=b2f66a9cff4

31 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The massacre in San Diego.  Rocky Long destroyed BYU on national television.   Terrible that this was the biggest game in the MWC last night.

Honest question: How do you feel about BYU extending Sitake?

Also congrats to the Tecs. You're a good team the weeks you decide to be. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Honest question: How do you feel about BYU extending Sitake?

Also congrats to the Tecs. You're a good team the weeks you decide to be. 

Honest answer.  Not good.  Sitake is a good guy, just not a great coach.  More problematic is he hired his unqualified friends and family as the assistant coaches.  Tuiaki  (Sitake's friend growing up) is a terrible DC.  Isn't qualified.  Aaron Roderick is not a good QB coach / passing game coordinator.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Honest answer.  Not good.  Sitake is a good guy, just not a great coach.  More problematic is he hired his unqualified friends and family as the assistant coaches.  Tuiaki  (Sitake's friend growing up) is a terrible DC.  Isn't qualified.  Aaron Roderick is not a good QB coach / passing game coordinator.

Thanks. You echo the sentiment of a lot of my friends that are big BYU fans. They fear mediocrity for years to come. It maybe too early to tell for USU, but I fear both USU and BYU made a mistake in not hiring Jay Hill from Weber. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Thanks. You echo the sentiment of a lot of my friends that are big BYU fans. They fear mediocrity for years to come. It maybe too early to tell for USU, but I fear both USU and BYU made a mistake in not hiring Jay Hill from Weber. 

Jay Hill looks like a great coach.  Hard to know until he gets a bigger job, though.

I think USU has a better staff than BYU right now.  But it does look like Andersen falls into the same trap of hiring his buddies as assistants rather than hiring qualified assistants.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Jay Hill looks like a great coach.  Hard to know until he gets a bigger job, though.

I think USU has a better staff than BYU right now.  But it does look like Andersen falls into the same trap of hiring his buddies as assistants rather than hiring qualified assistants.

Broncos staff looks pretty good right now at UVA. Maybe it's the beards they've all grown. 

55 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Take comfort Stunner, it wasn't "national tv", it was Cbssports. Watched by thousands...maybe.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Broncos staff looks pretty good right now at UVA. Maybe it's the beards they've all grown. 

They should.  Some of those guys have been together for over 10 years.  Plus, their schedule is pretty weak.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Take comfort Stunner, it wasn't "national tv", it was Cbssports. Watched by thousands...maybe.

CVS Sports.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:51 AM, Spazdog said:

I hope SDSU takes BYU's green jello, pees in their ice cream and dumps all of their Postum.  Oh, and beat the living crap out of BYU.  Now, let me tell you which team I'm rooting for...

Great job Aztecs!!! Now the lingering question...  what to do with all that jello?

12 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Your RBs were indeed quite unimpressive.

Baker was helped by the fact that your front seven was similarly unimpressive in getting pressure on him despite how mediocre our OL is.

As to Rocky, he's as good a defensive coach as there is. However, he's clueless about how important it is for his offense to put points on the board rather than merely burning the clock. If this SDSU team had even an average scoring offense, we would be 12-0 now and headed to the NY6 bowl.

True but you wouldn’t be 9-3 if Rocky wasn’t here. The grass is always greener. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m surprised some P5 school or NFL team hasn’t offered Long twice what he makes at SDSU as a head coach to be their DC. 

Ill be glad when he finally retires. 

Me too SDSU will be an easy win again. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, robe said:

Nine pages. It’s like the greatest win in SDSU history over an independent nobody. 

You must not have been here for the SDSU/Wyoming/Josh Allen nut punch series.

4 minutes ago, badfish said:

You must not have been here for the SDSU/Wyoming/Josh Allen nut punch series.

We refer to him as Saint Josh Allen. Thank you for your respect of this all time great MW player.

Have to say this one was not good...  416 yards and only 3 points, it's pretty bad when your kicker can't make a FG longer than 24 yards.  He made the first from 24 yards, then missed from 26, followed by another miss from 26.  3 turnover, 2 turn overs on downs, and 2 missed chip shot FGs...

2 hours ago, robe said:

Nine pages. It’s like the greatest win in SDSU history over an independent nobody. 

The first five pages were full of you and stunner and other BYU trolls beating your chests and boasting about how you were going to be MW Champs.

Btw, on four occasions since 2000 has a team accumulated over 400 yard of total offense and scored three or fewer points.  BYU has accomplished that tall order not once last night, but twice.

2002 BYU vs UNLV

2010 Kent State vs Michigan

2014 SJSU vs Hawaii

2019 BYU vs The Aztecs

Congratulations to BYU for being the career leader in that statistical category.

lee daniels laughing GIF by Empire FOX

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor