Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU savoring opportunity to give SDSU a beatdown

17 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Two quick comments

1. Big props to Carson Baker.

2. How in the world did the Stunners ever beat Boise State?

The defense bit on two critical fake plays resulting in scores where BYU was otherwise stopped. Add to that Cord is not as good as Henderson let alone Bachmeier.  Really cold, slushy weather and it being on the road.  Just a perfect storm to lose to an average team. It's hard going undefeated.  

SDSU looked really good.  I said last week I would rather play SDSU then Hawaii, I take that back.  Much more confident we can beat the bows then I would be playing SDSU's D.

7 minutes ago, robe said:

Rocky Long is one of the best coaches in the country. He has always been a pain in the ass for BYU. 

SDSU QB was good.

BYU probably should have went with Romney. Playing our 4th and 5th string RB didn’t help either. 

Your RBs were indeed quite unimpressive.

Baker was helped by the fact that your front seven was similarly unimpressive in getting pressure on him despite how mediocre our OL is.

As to Rocky, he's as good a defensive coach as there is. However, he's clueless about how important it is for his offense to put points on the board rather than merely burning the clock. If this SDSU team had even an average scoring offense, we would be 12-0 now and headed to the NY6 bowl.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU looked really good.  I said last week I would rather play SDSU then Hawaii, I take that back.  Much more confident we can beat the bows then I would be playing SDSU's D.

Our offense hasn't changed much from last year, still pathetic.  So given last year's result, and that this year's defense is better, Hawaii is the strategic move.  Always should have been.

Stunner was licking his chops and I was agreeing with him. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I thought he was good then he didn't make that easy play when he had the angle. Left his jock on the field. There are probably 100 LBs that would have made that play. That one play will haunt him

That dude makes about a hundred good plays for one bad one. He was there but just overran the ball carrier. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

I thought he was good then he didn't make that easy play when he had the angle. Left his jock on the field. There are probably 100 LBs that would have made that play. That one play will haunt him

:facepalm:

Boom goes the dynamite.

29 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

This win does take some of the sting out of losing the division Championship. A Boise - Aztec tussle would have been a terrific game. 

But, it still hurts. 

Agreed. Boise vs SDSU would have been a crazy good defensive battle.

But I'm so glad SDSU did what Boise couldn't and beat the Y.

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I dunno... SDSU would need to punt an awful lot. Boise would probably generate enough points just from Avery Williams returns to clinch a win

1 minute ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I dunno... SDSU would need to punt an awful lot. Boise would probably generate enough points just from Avery Williams returns to clinch a win

That's probably not far off. There probably wouldn't be more than 14-17 total offensive points on the game (both teams combined). Defensive and special teams points would likely be the key.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:24 PM, Warbow said:

You'll be lucky to score 10 points.

Lol

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

53 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m surprised some P5 school or NFL team hasn’t offered Long twice what he makes at SDSU as a head coach to be their DC. 

Ill be glad when he finally retires. 

Rocky was the DC at Oregon St from 91-95 and UCLA 96-97.  Brady Hoke was the d-line at OSU from 89-94.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

56 minutes ago, Bob said:

Hawaii. Nevada.

They have winning records. Tulsa ndoes not.

Aztecs 9-3

Pokes 7-5

Big difference.

Americans Mayor

47 minutes ago, Bob said:

How many BYU fans were there? Were there 9k like @#1Stunner said? Looked like about 9k total fans in attendance

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU fans have taken over Jack Murphy Stadium tonight.  Huge numbers of BYU fans in attendance.

Many of those are probably from the locals. They do support their team. 

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

Nevada sucks and you lost to them

Our losses to Nevada and Hawaii we're disgusting and unacceptable.

Bottom line, Nevada has a winning record. Tulsa does not  

Americans Mayor