Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Aztecs 6-0 for first time since 34-3 season

21 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's right there in the title, Einstein. 

Screen-Shot-2019-11-26-at-10-41-46-AM.pn

Thank God for upstanding grads like @mugtang, @renoskier@NVGiant, and @thelawlorfaithful. Otherwise people might think your fan base to be blewmules-level stupid.

Then you went on to talk up the great Tennessee st. You’re getting worse and worse at this. 

4 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah it’s strange how Flynn will go through periods where he can seemingly score at will and then other times where he disappears for a few minutes. 

He seems to recognize it tho and when cold focuses on finding the open shooter. That he went into last night's game with 31 assists to just 4 TOs and matched his TO total for the season last night speaks to how long and athletic Tenn St is/was. They seemed to similarly frustrate Texas Tech last Thursday.

Malachi and KJ will have to adjust to the longer more athletic guys they're going to see from teams like UNM and (likely) TT.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, Jaredcg said:

Then you went on to talk up the great Tennessee st. You’re getting worse and worse at this. 

Lol? Again, if you could just get Hooked on Phonics©, if even for a minute or two, you'd see right there in the OP how I stated they were not a good team by any metric and were in fact a resume killer. :blink:

I'm beginning to think you stare at posts like some people stare at clouds, until you see whatever your subconscious wants to see. :shrug:

From today's U-T article on the game:

Notable

The Aztecs have won 27 straight when holding their opponent under 60 points … They are 34-3 in Dutcher’s three seasons when the opposition shoots 40 percent shooting or less.

There's that 34-3 again... Prophetic? :hmmm:

56 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

We need to Nancy Kerrigan Nutsack State that stupid Tree so we can receive our due recognition once again for running Cali. 

Sac is chilling until Saturday.  SDSU is back-to-back against decent teams tomorrow and Friday.  They may be the last one standing. :blink:

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Sac is chilling until Saturday.  SDSU is back-to-back against decent teams tomorrow and Friday.  They may be the last one standing. :blink:

2-0 in Vegas might be a big ask considering we would likely be playing the Red Raiders on Friday, but after watching their game against LIU I think we stand a fair chance of beating them. If the game were to be played tomorrow I see the line at TT (-4).

On 11/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

From today's U-T article on the game:

There's that 34-3 again... Prophetic? :hmmm:

As long as the 3rd loss occurs before the MW tourney and the big dance. I will be satisfied.

That might take the sting out of their under achieving football team.

The Aztec hoopsters are now 7-0 !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

42 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

As long as the 3rd loss occurs before the MW tourney and the big dance. I will be satisfied.

That might take the sting out of their under achieving football team.

The Aztec hoopsters are now 7-0 !

What a dominant performance against a very decent Big East team. I'd rather we had a shot at Texas Tech, but beating Iowa would notch another Q1 W in our belt and should put us at least into consideration for the Top 25 in Monday's polls.

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

What a dominant performance against a very decent Big East team. I'd rather we had a shot at Texas Tech, but beating Iowa would notch another Q1 W in our belt and should put us at least into consideration for the Top 25 in Monday's polls.

East coast bedtimes will keep them out of the Top 25 even though they deserve it.

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That was a great win. SDSU looks really tough this year. 

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

East coast bedtimes will keep them out of the Top 25 even though they deserve it.

Idk. I'm guessing they're as likely to rely on the bevy of metrics updated on a daily basis (e.g., Sagarin, where at present we sit at #15) to see where the numbers place us. I maintain if we beat Iowa today we're in the T25 come Monday.