Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Happy Thanksgiving!

I won’t be around much the next few days so I wanted to wish all of you and your families the very best Thanksgiving.   Thank you for making this place great!:cheers:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year, starting out with some fresh-shucked Kumamotos with zero dosage Champagne and classic shrimp cocktail with an off-dry Austrian Riesling. Then it's spatchcocked, dry-brined capon (you chicken huggers can suck it) roasted with fennel, lemon, and grapefruit, sage cornbread dressing, pommes aligots, pan jus Absinthe gravy, bacon-braised green beans, and my signature ginger-orange cranberry sauce. Pairing all that with some NZSB, Oregon PN, and Loose Boots IPA from Road House Brewing in Jackson. Assorted local cheeses and crusty bread with homemade jams and mustards to mop up the dry wines and IPA. For dessert, a simple Palisades Peach and Bear Lake Raspberry granita with demi-sec Champagne followed by Caramel Apple strudel with cinnamon Chantilly cream paired with Sauternes. Cigars with Ryes and Bourbons on the porch... under a starry Wyoming sky... which can make a microwave turkey pot pie and a can of Busch as gastronomic as anything else I can think of...

Cheers!

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

26 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year, starting out with some fresh-shucked Kumamotos with zero dosage Champagne and classic shrimp cocktail with an off-dry Austrian Riesling. Then it's spatchcocked, dry-brined capon (you chicken huggers can suck it) roasted with fennel, lemon, and grapefruit, sage cornbread dressing, pommes aligots, pan jus Absinthe gravy, bacon-braised green beans, and my signature ginger-orange cranberry sauce. Pairing all that with some NZSB, Oregon PN, and Loose Boots IPA from Road House Brewing in Jackson. Assorted local cheeses and crusty bread with homemade jams and mustards to mop up the dry wines and IPA. For dessert, a simple Palisades Peach and Bear Lake Raspberry granita with demi-sec Champagne followed by Caramel Apple strudel with cinnamon Chantilly cream paired with Sauternes. Cigars with Ryes and Bourbons on the porch... under a starry Wyoming sky... which can make a microwave turkey pot pie and a can of Busch as gastronomic as anything else I can think of...

Cheers!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Well, at least we're not throwing an otherwise perfectly good virgin into a volcano...

Plenty of volcanos in New Mexico....plum out of virgins though.

oh, and happy thanksgiving everyone.  Reflect, appreciate and celebrate.  Cheers.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

10 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers!

Happy thanksgiving to you! Although I'm cooking my Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday when my daughter and her family can be here, I am not ignoring my son and I today. I have started the day making a quiche Lorraine, baking home made bread for my stuffing on Sat, cooked home made filling for a banana/strawberry cream pie for later, and then my son and I will have steaks with mushroom sauce and baked potatoes tonight. Simple.

And of course I will make all that other stuff you said ^ ^ ^, on Saturday. :P

Just kidding, it sounds wonderful, and far beyond my abilities. I thought about spatchcocking my turkey, and I still might, but I think I will roast it with an onion, celery, and apple in the cavity. I might just end up putting all that underneath the flattened turkey though.  Instead of orange in my cranberries, I will use homemade pomegranate jelly. I haven't yet decided on the rest of it, kind of nice to have the day 'off' to figure it all out. There WILL be pomegranate salad, though.

It will also be fun to watch the rebs football game in Reno, followed by the basketball game in Cincinnati on Saturday while I'm finishing up the cooking.

34 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Happy thanksgiving to you! Although I'm cooking my Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday when my daughter and her family can be here, I am not ignoring my son and I today. I have started the day making a quiche Lorraine, baking home made bread for my stuffing on Sat, cooked home made filling for a banana/strawberry cream pie for later, and then my son and I will have steaks with mushroom sauce and baked potatoes tonight. Simple.

Just kidding, it sounds wonderful, and far beyond my abilities. I thought about spatchcocking my turkey, and I still might, but I think I will roast it with an onion, celery, and apple in the cavity. I might just end up putting all that underneath the flattened turkey though.  Instead of orange in my cranberries, I will use homemade pomegranate jelly. I haven't yet decided on the rest of it, kind of nice to have the day 'off' to figure it all out. There WILL be pomegranate salad, though.

It will also be fun to watch the rebs football game in Reno, followed by the basketball game in Cincinnati on Saturday while I'm finishing up the cooking.

I think I'll just throw everything in the freezer and come over for steaks! I'll bring wine, it won't disappoint...

Seriously, though, with anything under 14 lbs., spatchcocking is the way to go. Pomegranate jelly sounds delicious with fresh cranberries!

And pie? Who doesn't love good pie?!?!

Gobble, gobble, Young Lady! Enjoy your yummy weekend!

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Please tell us you’re NOT going?!?! We’d like to keep you around. You know how @Slapdad and @renoskierget .....

giphy.gif

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg