Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

It's Feast Week!

Such a great week, basketball all day every day. I was kind of thinking we could maybe use an overall thread for all games this week.

Also, could y'all please list your games this week so I can find them? (Many of the holiday tournament games aren't on the list that @UNLV2001 has provided (and I use it all the time. Thanks 2001).

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Such a great week, basketball all day every day. I was kind of thinking we could maybe use an overall thread for all games this week.

Also, could y'all please list your games this week so I can find them? (Many of the holiday tournament games aren't on the list that @UNLV2001 has provided (and I use it all the time. Thanks 2001).

Nevada only has Cincinnati Bowling Green today in the championship of the Paradise Jam.

4 hours ago, Ibanez said:

And Bowling Green is favored. How the MWC has fallen..

Bowling Green is is picked to win the MAC with four returning starters. Just beat Cincinnati. And while we are clearly starting to play better, we have a new coach and lost 7 of our 8 top scorers. I don't think it is indicative of the quality of the league. Just that Bowling Green is good, and we are in a rebuilding year. 

On 11/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

CSU better not wear white at home this week...they expect 2 feet of snow this week.

This letter went out yesterday:

RamsMail: Official Message From Colorado State Athletics

Thank you for your continued support of Colorado State Football.  After 15 inches of snow fell on Fort Collins overnight Monday and into Tuesday, Colorado State Athletics staff and Colorado State University facility management staff undertook the herculean task of removing the snow from the 36,500-seat Canvas Stadium.

Conservatively speaking, CSU facilities management team members will have moved roughly 2 million pounds of snow from Canvas Stadium’s Sonny Lubick Field alone to get the playing surface ready. Add to that total hundreds of rows of seating, the concourse within the stadium, and a number of other areas, and you begin to understand just how monumental the task really is.

By Friday, the Rams will be able host No. 19 Boise State in the 2019 Senior Day season finale as scheduled.

“The CSU Facilities Management staff has done a remarkable job preparing Canvas Stadium for Friday’s football game. Given the significant levels of snow accumulation, their response in a brief amount of time to prepare the stadium for hosting and the field for competition must be commended. We are thankful for their efforts in what seemed in the outset as an insurmountable task. I also want to thank our department’s game management team for creating and executing the snow removal plan alongside our campus colleagues,” said Director of Athletics Joe Parker. “With their dedication, we will be able to host our Senior Day game and provide a great environment to celebrate the 2019 CSU football senior class. Again, it cannot be overstated how grateful we are for the incredible job they have done this week to get us ready for game day.”

In order to safely and adequately host a football game after near-record amounts of snow descended onto Fort Collins and the greater Northern Colorado region, a number of sections within Canvas Stadium will be closed, and fans affected by those closures may relocate to open seats in Sections 130-138 or Sections 106-110. Original ticket holders in those open sections will retain their original seats, and CSU Athletics fully appreciates fan cooperation in this endeavor. 

In appreciation for your understanding and cooperation, Colorado State Athletics encourages all fans, after attending Friday’s Senior Day football game to retain and redeem their game ticket for a free game ticket to any home men's basketball game this season based on availability, excluding the Colorado and Wyoming games.  Simply visit or call the Rams Ticket Office at 1-800-491-7267 (RAMS) to redeem your football game ticket for your complimentary men’s basketball game ticket(s). 

Fans with questions should speak to the Rams Ticket Office on-site at Canvas Stadium on Friday. The ticket office at the stadium opens at 9:30 a.m.

Closed sections will include:
  • East upper deck
  • West upper deck sections 225-232 and 235-240
  • Lower bowl sections 102-105, 111-129, and 140-141
Loge boxes, outdoor club, and stadium suites are unaffected as well as the New Belgium Porch and ADA areas.

What an incredible accomplishment, I'm impressed they were able to remove that much snow, especially from the seats. Hopefully the fans that have been displaced will be ok with wherever they end up. May be in better seats anyway, lol.

But I wouldn't have put it past Boise to wear all white so as to disappear in the field though. :P    @BSUTOP25, yes?

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

What an incredible accomplishment, I'm impressed they were able to remove that much snow, especially from the seats. Hopefully the fans that have been displaced will be ok with wherever they end up. May be in better seats anyway, lol.

But I wouldn't have put it past Boise to wear all white so as to disappear in the field though. :P    @BSUTOP25, yes?

Get some!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg