Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

OT: Random Sports Thoughts Megathread

On 11/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yeah I know that. He ripped a guy’s helmet off and tried to club him over the head with it. His fine should not be less than the guy who’s brain was on the sharp end of that action.

Mason Rudolph started the incident is my read.  He antagonized the guy and wanted to get a reaction out of him.   I don't know what Rudolph said, but he is not blameless.   In this protect the QB culture we have today they think they are immune from the physical.   Back when i played QB's kept their mouth shut.   If they spoke at all it was to try to make friends with the defensive lineman, you sure didn't want to make them mad.  Now unlike any other position on the field though a QB doesn't have to worry about retaliation.  No one is going to high/low him and keep their career going.  No one is going to grab his balls in a pile and crush them.  I think Rudolph forgot that without the refs he is nothing on that field other than what his team mates make him.

You never ever seen Bradshaw or any QB from the past mouth off to defensive lineman.  They were always very very cordial to them.

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Mason Rudolph started the incident is my read.  He antagonized the guy and wanted to get a reaction out of him.   I don't know what Rudolph said, but he is not blameless.   In this protect the QB culture we have today they think they are immune from the physical.   Back when i played QB's kept their mouth shut.   If they spoke at all it was to try to make friends with the defensive lineman, you sure didn't want to make them mad.  Now unlike any other position on the field though a QB doesn't have to worry about retaliation.  No one is going to high/low him and keep their career going.  No one is going to grab his balls in a pile and crush them.  I think Rudolph forgot that without the refs he is nothing on that field other than what his team mates make him.

You never ever seen Bradshaw or any QB from the past mouth off to defensive lineman.  They were always very very cordial to them.

I’ve never said Rudolph was blameless, shouldn’t be fined, or that he shouldn’t have been suspended (which he wasn’t). But he shouldn’t be fined less for an altercation that gave the league a black eye than the guy who ripped his helmet off and smashed him over the head with it. It’s silly. Rudolph pay 50k, Garret pay 50k plus 1; and then it wouldn’t look so stupid.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve never said Rudolph was blameless, shouldn’t be fined, or that he shouldn’t have been suspended (which he wasn’t). But he shouldn’t be fined less for an altercation that gave the league a black eye than the guy who ripped his helmet off and smashed him over the head with it. It’s silly. Rudolph pay 50k, Garret pay 50k plus 1; and then it wouldn’t look so stupid.

Garrett may never get to play again.   That i think makes up for any disparity in the fines.

Garrett will be in the lineup opening day.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Mine the baselines to make baseball more interesting. I mean, they don't have to be anti-personnel mines, just something like a dye bomb that turns them blue for a week. Also, every so often, put a gag ball into play. Something like an exploding golf ball that just vaporizes when it's hit and everyone gets whiplash looking for it...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Mine the baselines to make baseball more interesting. I mean, they don't have to be anti-personnel mines, just something like a dye bomb that turns them blue for a week. Also, every so often, put a gag ball into play. Something like an exploding golf ball that just vaporizes when it's hit and everyone gets whiplash looking for it...

I like it. Maybe give the team at bat one of those tennis ball guns from American gladiators with a limited number of rounds per game.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Pete Rose should  be in the Hall of Fame. 

I agree.  He's paid his dues.  Rose deserves to be inducted while he's still with us.