Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

What’s going on at BYU/Utah?

45 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They can't drink, they can't toke....what are they supposed to do?

Well...this apparently. Need to schedule more layovers at SLC I guess.

Teach folks how to Jimmer

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@madmartigan and @AndroidAggie

Thoughts please.  

As much as I'd like to believe BYU students do this, it seems like urban legend to me. Everyone's heard of it, but no one has done it (or claimed to have done). That said, any religious majority in a small geographical location creates weird and unhealthy sub cultures and practices like this. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Teach folks how to Jimmer

That and study accounting principles. Figured that might be the only amusement they had. Now, well, it seems that Caligula would blush if asked about the goings-on in that part of the world. Kind of makes it that much more of an intriguing place for a long weekend.

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

As much as I'd like to believe BYU students do this, it seems like urban legend to me. Everyone's heard of it, but no one has done it (or claimed to have done). That said, any religious majority in a small geographical location creates weird and unhealthy sub cultures and practices like this. 

It definitely happens.  I know a couple that were living together for like a year before they were married, and he said he had put it in, but they hadn't had sex.  They were both very Christian (not LDS).  At the time I hadn't ever heard anything like that and was confused and thought it was just plain absurd.  Now I think it is hilarious. 

They should just do what I tell Catholic or Muslim chicks, and that's, any other orifice is fine in God's Eyes. Whole idea lends itself to some interesting episodes.