Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada @ Fresno Game Thread

43 minutes ago, westfan said:

At least it's not a night game, hopefully the maintenance people have time to get the snow off the seats.I'm taking a ice scraper and whisk broom just in case.

Heads up @4UNLV in case you were coming up for the game.

You still have full immunity against any stair mishaps...but it appears some Pack fans are showing up armed.

52 minutes ago, PackNation said:

You still have full immunity against any stair mishaps...but it appears some Pack fans are showing up armed.

The question is: If a Wolf Pack fan offers you a hand on the icy steps, do you trust him? :shrug:

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

If Nevada wins the cannon, Norvell needs an extension and raise.

He’s done a good job. We need to get rid of this air raid fantasy. Strong is that kinda qb. Run the ball, play some defense, pick up third downs. The OG Jeff Rowe era offense is the ticket. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

24 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He’s done a good job. We need to get rid of this air raid fantasy. Strong is that kinda qb. Run the ball, play some defense, pick up third downs. The OG Jeff Rowe era offense is the ticket. 

The greatest thing Ault did was recruit against the grain, especially on the oline, and then tailor the offense to that strength. Power run offenses the go-to? Let’s run a wing T. West Coast offenses the trend? Let’s go from a Wing-T to 5 receivers. Spread offenses en Vogue? Let’s go to a balanced pistol, and calibrate the run-pass mix toward the starting quarterback’s strengths. 

I think we have to be willing to change philosophy to succeed.

12 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

That should have been a penalty after Reyna already gave himself up. 

Negative.  He was in bounds.  Pulverize his ass and make sure the play ends.  It’s too bad he got hurt, but that was a legal play all of the way.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Negative.  He was in bounds.  Pulverize his ass and make sure the play ends.  It’s too bad he got hurt, but that was a legal play all of the way.

That's not the play in question, that happened before the 1st half ended. The play I'm talking about happened in the 3rd quarter when Reyna went to slide and after he was already down a Nevada defender came down on top of him. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

That's not the play in question, that happened before the 2nd half ended. The play I'm talking about happened in the 3rd quarter when Reyna went to slide and after he was already down a Nevada defender came down on top of him. 

Ah.  Granted I only saw it once, on a TV replay, but I thought the defender had committed before the slide began, then tried to leap over him.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Ah.  Granted I only saw it once, on a TV replay, but I thought the defender had committed before the slide began, then tried to leap over him.

Nah, he crashed down on him. The play that Reyna got injured on was legal and a solid hit, but he tried to do too much rather than get the first down and step out. By doing so, Reyna opened himself up to punishment which is something he's failed to learn the entire season. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

19 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

That's not the play in question, that happened before the 1st half ended. The play I'm talking about happened in the 3rd quarter when Reyna went to slide and after he was already down a Nevada defender came down on top of him. 

16 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

That's what I thought also and why I don't think it was called; not even looked at a second time.

It was really a glancing blow, mostly went over the top of Reyna.

4 hours ago, westfan said:

At least it's not a night game, hopefully the maintenance people have time to get the snow off the seats.I'm taking a ice scraper and whisk broom just in case.

3 hours ago, PackNation said:

Hey I've been practicing my touch and go's, so I'm good, but thanks for the heads up!

However, I have too much going on to make it this year, we're actually doing our Thanksgiving dinner on Sat. so that my daughter and her family can be here. We'll be watching though.

22 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Sounds like this went about as expected...  hope there are some firings soon

Didn't you guys lose the most starters in the conference to graduation? Are you under the false impression Fresno can reload like Boise?

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Didn't you guys lose the most starters in the conference to graduation? Are you under the false impression Fresno can reload like Boise?

To be fair, once upon a time they used to. Troll away if you like though. Apparently there have a ton of key injuries (on top of the graduation) but i havent followed closely this year. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

To be fair, once upon a time they used to. Troll away if you like though. Apparently there have a ton of key injuries (on top of the graduation) but i havent followed closely this year. 

to be clear though - from what ive heard, i blame coaches. Sounds like the tackling, clock mgt, and playcalling has been piss poor

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 11/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, renoskier said:

That's what I thought also and why I don't think it was called; not even looked at a second time.

It was really a glancing blow, mostly went over the top of Reyna.

That’s what I saw as well. Was there contact? Yes. But the defender did his best to jump over Reyna and the refs obviously saw it the same way.

33 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

to be clear though - from what ive heard, i blame coaches. Sounds like the tackling, clock mgt, and playcalling has been piss poor

Used to, but that’s been years.....at least ten. So why accuse someone of trolling when he’s just pointing out the facts? That’s a weird comment.