Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HylianHero

FIRE BOBO

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s not like booboo had bad recruiting classes. But whether it’s player chemistry, coaching staff chemistry, player development, morale, a practice routine that minimizes injuries or whatever. He doesn’t know how to do it at this level. 

But assuming a good OC or DC at an upper P5 school will be a good HC is a big and common mistake that G5 AD’s make. Instead they should hire ST coordinators from Notre Dame....oh wait, sorry. Anyway, I like the idea of looking for a previously great G5 HC that got their millions up in P5 land and finally politics and bad luck have them coming back to G5 land like a Brady Hoke, Gary Andersen, etc. that are on the back side of their coaching careers and will likely stick around longer since they’ve had enough of the rat race. 

Lol.

Hiring Hoke would be a great move for CSU. But from what I've seen of CSU's current administration they're incapable of making a sensible coaching hire.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Its a different game if that same center could run block on QB sneaks as well as the WYO center.

Agreed, I’m not saying CSU wins but could’ve been a classic cold weather game going down to the wire. 

Just too many miscues, that’s on coaching. Think you get another year of Bobo unless you have deep pocket boosters. 

29 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Agreed, I’m not saying CSU wins but could’ve been a classic cold weather game going down to the wire. 

Just too many miscues, that’s on coaching. Think you get another year of Bobo unless you have deep pocket boosters. 

I'll go broken record here.  The money is not the issue.  First it was $8 million, that was prohibitive but not really even a consideration anyway.  Then it was $5.5 million.  Not prohibitive, but definitely way over on the steep side.  That wasn't an issue anyway since the AD wasn't going to fire a coach for getting sick.  Now it's $3 million.  That's not an issue.  We can swing that.  Other factors are more important and in play.  I'm hoping that our AD is sharp enough to see that those other factors all point to ponying up the $$.  Hoping doesn't equal confidant though.  It's time to pay the buyout.

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

I believe CSU will find the money to hire a new coach.

I'm not sure why Art Briles is so off limits.

Feel free to "OK boomer" me.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Massive PR hit and might not be worth it to a lot of schools to endure the media circus.  

We live in a world populated by hysterics with short attention spans. The next "outrage!!!!!!" is 30 seconds away. The mob will move on.

Plus, as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 11/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, Headbutt said:

I'll go broken record here.  The money is not the issue.  First it was $8 million, that was prohibitive but not really even a consideration anyway.  Then it was $5.5 million.  Not prohibitive, but definitely way over on the steep side.  That wasn't an issue anyway since the AD wasn't going to fire a coach for getting sick.  Now it's $3 million.  That's not an issue.  We can swing that.  Other factors are more important and in play.  I'm hoping that our AD is sharp enough to see that those other factors all point to ponying up the $$.  Hoping doesn't equal confidant though.  It's time to pay the buyout.

Buyout is just $3M now?  I'd go for it.  CU went for it even if it cost closer to $9M and it was worth it despite being $3M-ish in the hole for the AD for the latest fiscal year.  CU planned on firing Dan Hawkins after the 2009 season but Mike Bohn the AD at the time was overruled by the leadership and that turned out to be a case where the leadership was trying to get the legislative votes that would allow CU to leave the Big 12 for the Pac-12.  CU paid a heavy price in 2011 and 2012 and it wasn't until 2014/2015 that the Buffs were competitive in their own conference.

Keeping Bobo would be too risky IMO.  Lose to CU at home and things could really get ugly.  CU isn't taking as big of a step back next season as I feared before this season.  Just give the new coach a chance to have a good season next season and translate that into continued recruiting success.  Not firing Bobo could mean more disappointing seasons ahead for the Rams with stadium payments to be made.

Pull.

The.

Trigger.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:53 PM, boisewitha-s said:

Bobo is fine. What does csu expect?  A few wins a year is about spot on for csu. 

Well considering we've had a top 3 conference recruiting class the last 3 years or so I'd expect we finish at least top half of the conference. That's what any coach worth a shit would do with those players.