Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HylianHero

FIRE BOBO

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

Extend Bobo! 

Love the 50 yard fg goal call in 10 degree weather and going for it on his side of the field on a QB sneak into the middle of the cowboys defensive line.   Shows faith in his players when the likelihood of success is very low.  Love it!

Its that stubborn SEC mentality that thinks you have to be able to run for a yard on 4th down when you haven’t moved the defense a foot off the LOS.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I wouldn’t.  But neither are D1 Head Coaches.

Fair, I'm sure its recency bias, but I've never felt as bad about this program as I do now. I went to school during the late Sonny and early Fairchild 3-9s

CSU should have been throwing the ball more. That was their advantage and they didn’t use it as much as they should have. Their tall WR should have had more balls thrown his way. Instead they played to the Cowboys strengths. 

One more game and it looks like Bobo will be history. He and Davies. 

CSU needs to go with the Doug Knuth school of writing HC contracts. Come up with a base that’s not hard to pay off, and load the crap out of it with big incentives. The HC prospect should be an optimistic hard working individual, so when he sees the all the money he could make with success, he takes it. If the coach wants to call it in most days, or privately questions himself on what he could do there, it won’t be a contract he’ll want and it saves you lots of money and heartache.

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

CSU should have been throwing the ball more. That was their advantage and they didn’t use it as much as they should have. Their tall WR should have had more balls thrown his way. Instead they played to the Cowboys strengths. 

One more game and it looks like Bobo will be history. He and Davies. 

It’s not like booboo had bad recruiting classes. But whether it’s player chemistry, coaching staff chemistry, player development, morale, a practice routine that minimizes injuries or whatever. He doesn’t know how to do it at this level. 

But assuming a good OC or DC at an upper P5 school will be a good HC is a big and common mistake that G5 AD’s make. Instead they should hire ST coordinators from Notre Dame....oh wait, sorry. Anyway, I like the idea of looking for a previously great G5 HC that got their millions up in P5 land and finally politics and bad luck have them coming back to G5 land like a Brady Hoke, Gary Andersen, etc. that are on the back side of their coaching careers and will likely stick around longer since they’ve had enough of the rat race. 

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Urban Meyer.

Bob Davie... please, DEAR GOD... Let it be, Bob Davie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

7 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Does coach Bobo last the weekend?  The regular season?  Who is rumored to be the next coach at CSU?

There are some folks that say that Tony Alford wants the job. Jim Leavitt might still have a house in Boulder (not at the top of my list). There's always Matt Lubick who now works as the University coordinator something or other with Canvas Credit Union (folks who's name is on the stadium). He's already in town.

For me, last night showed a desperate HC. The 3rd/4th and short play and the 50 yrd field goal came from a coach dying to get a win in spite of his other coaches. And that's been Bobo's problem. He's saddled himself with awful coaches. DCs have been a mess since he arrived. This year's ST coach was supposed to change things from a team that looked weak and gassed last year. They look weak and gassed this year. Bobo is trying to win despite himself (his staff). He can recruit. When he isn't under pressure (like at Georgia) to score every second, he can call a decent offensive game. But with his defenses, he's forced to do things that are just plain stupid. 

I'm done with this staff and sadly, that means Bobo, too. I just hope he is good enough to accept the $3 million buyout (or maybe accept less) before 1/1/20 and do what's best for the future of CSU. I just think that doofus Joe Parker is going to give him one more year on account of injuries (Hill, etc.).

@AKramI think you guys need a somewhat experienced coach and Lubick probably isn't the answer.  If things start to go south for him, it can get messy with someone with ties to the program.  Leavitt wouldn't be my first choice but probably isn't a terrible hire if he treats his players better than whatever happened at USF