Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nielsbohr

Utah State vs. LSU

Probably the biggest non conference win I have ever seen as an Aggie.  So good. Top of the world right now.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

5 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Really? You've beaten ranked teams before, right?

Sure, Nevada when the were top 10 twice, but I don't think we have ever beaten one of these marquee teams since I have started following the Aggies in 2004. I'd have to look at the records but I can't think of any off the top of my head.  The last time we had a big OOC win was probably 2001 Ohio State in the tourney.  Somebody else can probably correct me though. We always managed to lose the big name games.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

1 minute ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Sure, Nevada when the were top 10 twice, but I don't think we have ever beaten one of these marquee teams since I have started following the Aggies in 2004. I'd have to look at the records but I can't think of any off the top of my head.  The last time we had a big OOC win was probably 2001 Ohio State in the tourney.  Somebody else can probably correct me though. We always managed to lose the big name games.

I can't recall the last time we beat a decent P5 team on a neutral court. I think it was 2001. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

27 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I can't recall the last time we beat a decent P5 team on a neutral court. I think it was 2001. 

I guess if you call St. Mary's a marquee win then that counts, but as far as marquee P5 games go, this is the only one I can think of.

l.jpg

Whoa.  Nice comeback.  Watched a few minutes of the first half and wasnt holding out too much hope for you guys.

:rock:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

32 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Marquee OOC wins (or games for that matter) never happened under Stew other than Utah in ‘98 and that was Stew’s first regular season game as HC. We almost beat a top 5 Florida in Maui in ‘99. That’s about it . Before that, we beat Minnesota under on their HC just after they made it to the Final Four and Eustachy was the coach.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

26 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Marquee OOC wins (or games for that matter) never happened under Stew other than Utah in ‘98 and that was Stew’s first regular season game as HC. We almost beat a top 5 Florida in Maui in ‘99. That’s about it . Before that, we beat Minnesota under on their HC just after they made it to the Final Four and Eustachy was the coach.

We beat USC in Logan a couple years ago - they weren't good that year though. Does beating the Utes count? I can't think of any on a neutral court, mostly because Stew never played these kinds of games. 

Dang USU, that was a helluva comeback. I stopped watching after LSU got the lead back to 12 after you had cut it to 5. I figured the Baggies were toast at that point but just saw the final score while watching the CSU/Wyo. That's a great win. I honestly thought you were completely outclassed by LSU but obviously gave up on the Baggies way to soon. Congrats and way to represent.

Yeah the MW really needs USU to win 2 out of 3 of it's "marquee" (LSU, Florida, Saint Marys) OOC games and hopefully win the rest (pretty heavy favorites in the rest of the OOC slate other than the BYU game). Both to put USU in the "lock" category for the NCAAT tourney and to make them a marquee win for any conference team that ends up beating them.

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Great rally to win the game.  Congrats Aggies.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

That was quite the comeback from 19 points down against a good SEC team. Put Queta back on that team and they will be even better.  

I just got home, I'm sorry I missed this game, it sounds like it was a great one. Congrats to the Aggies!