Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nielsbohr

Utah State vs. LSU

Game is in Jamaica at 4pm PST today, televised on CBSSN.  This is an important game not just for Utah State, but the conference as a whole considering some of the OOC results so far.  LSU was top 25 coming into the year but fell out after a 2-point away loss to VCU last week.  Neemias Queta still hasn't played but did make the trip to Jamaica.  This will be USU's first game away from home this season.  The latest odds I've seen are USU -1.5.

USU's production so far, sorted by minutes played (sans Queta):

30.2 Sam Merrill (Combo G) 17.4 ppg 4.6 rpg 22 assists 3 steals (starter)

27.6 Abel Porter (PG) 7.0 ppg 2.6 rpg 23 assists 3 steals (starter)

27.0 Brock Miller (Wing) 13.0 ppg 3.0 rpg 10 assists 3 steals (starter)

26.4 Justin Bean (PF) 13.2 ppg 11.0 rpg 12 assists 4 steals 5 blocks (starter)

24.2 Diogo Brito (Wing) 11.0 ppg 4.8 rpg 14 assist 8 steals

21.8 Fonz Anderson (PF) 12.0 ppg 6.0 rpg 9 assists 5 steals 0 blocks

18.2 Jakub Karwowski (C) 3.4 ppg 5.4 rpg 6 assists 4 steals 11 blocks (starter)

11.0 Sean Bairstow (Wing) 4.0 ppg 1.2 rpg 3 assists 1 steal

10.0 Trevin Dorius (C) 3.8 ppg 2.8 rpg 1 assist 0 steal 2 blocks

There are two other guys (both posts) who don't figure and average < 4 mpg without significant numbers.

As you can see, the two PFs are taking minutes from the C position, with the two 7'0+ newcomers only combining for 28.2 mpg, 7.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, and 13 blocks  When Queta finally gets on the floor, it'll be interesting to see which of the PFs will be the loser on minutes played.  They're both playing very well, and it'll be hard to keep either on the bench.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Our coaching staff has remained extremely tight-lipped about Queta's condition. A local reporter who posts on the USU board said that this is deliberate because they don't want opposing coaches to know whether or not they need to account for Queta in their game plan. But the consensus belief seems to be that if Queta plays at all in this tournament, it will be for limited minutes at best.

USU does miss Queta.  He's got some swag to him and would bring some fight to the Aggies, who look like they're sleepwalking through this half.  There's no energy in this gym, at least what it looks/sounds like on TV.

11 minutes ago, slappy said:

They are no where near a top 20 team with or with out.  

WIthout sure, with I disagree. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.