Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Texas State at UNLV

39 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Like I've said a few time - this is a throw away season - Menzies year 1 with a band-aid roster 

Get this year over with is my thinking 

TJ booted decent players and signed garbage players. Im seriously questioning their ability to evaluate talent and use talent properly.

When this is whats being put out there, hard to look at next season as some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. There was plenty of time to evaluate and get decent transfers and jc's.

I dont get it.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

TJ booted decent players and signed garbage players. Im seriously questioning their ability to evaluate talent and use talent properly.

When this is whats being put out there, hard to look at next season as some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. There was plenty of time to evaluate and get decent transfers and jc's.

I dont get it.

I think TJ is a D3 guy.  Not saying it can’t work, but come on.  What were you really expecting after MM and Sanchez hires.  

Just now, slappy said:

I think TJ is a D3 guy.  Not saying it can’t work, but come on.  What were you really expecting after MM and Sanchez hires.  

I was expecting Totz to build on the progress MM made. Not set the program back.

MM was not a bad hire given the circumstances. He was proven. Even if the casuals say he wasnt. TJ is not. Hes learning on the job. We need him to be a faster study.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

I was expecting Totz to build on the progress MM made. Not set the program back.

MM was not a bad hire given the circumstances. He was proven. Even if the casuals say he wasnt. TJ is not. Hes learning on the job. We need him to be a faster study.

It is like rolling the dice.  Hiring a coach because he gets a good group of kids and wins for 3 seasons in a D2 league is no way for a program like Unlv to act.  20 some years since Unlv won a regular season conference title.  When this guy is done it will be almost 25.  I might be dead.  

I know I say this a lot, but Unlv should go hire a pro.  Not a D3 or WAC coach.  Go get a coach.  

5 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I'm not going to judge TJO by this year, but if we continue to lose to teams like Texas State next year, I'm going to say DRF made one of the dumbest decisions of all time in firing Menzies.

MM was a 500 coach who is better suited recruiting or just getting along with players as an assistant.  He isn’t a head guy.  This was obvious in day 1 for those of us that study this stuff. 

13 minutes ago, slappy said:

It is like rolling the dice.  Hiring a coach because he gets a good group of kids and wins for 3 seasons in a D2 league is no way for a program like Unlv to act.  20 some years since Unlv won a regular season conference title.  When this guy is done it will be almost 25.  I might be dead.  

I know I say this a lot, but Unlv should go hire a pro.  Not a D3 or WAC coach.  Go get a coach.  

I thought Mike Brown was the guy, but lots of UNLV fans showed, and continue to show racist leanings and I will leave it at that.

No way they hire an african american coach right after Menzies.

44 minutes ago, slappy said:

MM was a 500 coach who is better suited recruiting or just getting along with players as an assistant.  He isn’t a head guy.  This was obvious in day 1 for those of us that study this stuff. 

^ post has some racist leanings. 

5 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

^ post has some racist leanings. 

Why arent you saying the same things about TJ? MM is more proven as a head man than TJ. I dont care about MM, im disturbed by your blatant inconsistencies.

Youre also on record admitting that you are  upset about non-basketball issues,  but youre still trying to pretend that your gripes are about bball.

Your posts are fake news.

7 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

At this point outside of Hardy, not sure another Rebel would start on any other MWC teams............maybe Tillman would get a start at AF or SJSU 

Tillman has been so disappointing. How do you go from PAC 6th man of the year to... whatever he is this year. Hamilton is another one that has been incredibly underwhelming. By all indications those guys should be studs, but they just stink.

6 hours ago, qwelish said:

Who did they boot other than Woodbury? Juice and Ntwambe (the two guys that could have made a difference this year) chose to leave.

16 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

Tillman has been so disappointing. How do you go from PAC 6th man of the year to... whatever he is this year. Hamilton is another one that has been incredibly underwhelming. By all indications those guys should be studs, but they just stink.

Who did they boot other than Woodbury? Juice and Ntwambe (the two guys that could have made a difference this year) chose to leave.

Beck >>> Shibel

Woodbury.  17pts vs uk

EmL, Shibel, Antonio, Coleman, signed but no good. 

Tillman = meh