Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State vs. the Cougars

Pretty critical win for us tonight. I'm actually surprised we pulled it out shooting so horrifically from 3 again. Since our cupcake opener, we are shooting around 20% from 3 and 40% overall. Luckily, BYU couldn't hit anything tonight either. If BSU can actually start hitting shots at a decent percentage they will be tough to beat, especially after they get a couple guys back going into conference play.

Who was the BYU guy with the mustache that came out in the warm ups with the wife beater under shirt on? I was laughing my ass off. 

We dodged a bullet by not offering Kolby Lee a scholarship . The guy is as slow as Jorch. Pretty simple plan to beat BYU. Defend their perimeter shooters. They have no inside game and aren’t quick enough to get to the basket. 

BYU should be embarrassed losing to this Boise State team. 

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Who was the BYU guy with the mustache that came out in the warm ups with the wife beater under shirt on? I was laughing my ass off. 

We dodged a bullet by not offering Kolby Lee a scholarship . The guy is as slow as Jorch. Pretty simple plan to beat BYU. Defend their perimeter shooters. They have no inside game and aren’t quick enough to get to the basket. 

BYU should be embarrassed losing to this Boise State team. 

Lee has not been that bad, he is averaging 7.6 PPG this season in 5 games and he is only a sophomore.  BYU will get a whole lot better when Yoeli Childs 6' 8" 225 (2018-19: 21.2 PPG, 9.7 RPG, and 33 Blocks) returns from sitting out the NCAA 9 game suspension for filling out the wrong NBA Draft paperwork to return back for his Sr year.  That will boost BYU's total from 1 to 2 players over 6' 7" for this years team.  As far as I know Richard Harward 6' 11" 255 has not been granted or denied his waiver, chance were not good to start will in the first place.  Gavin Baxter 6' 9" 210 (2018-19/true freshman year: 4.7 PPG 64.8%, 3.1 RPG, and 33 Blocks) season ending injury before the season started, many projected him as the starter this year for BYU in the post (even though he is more a 4 or 3, than a 5).  Baxter is said to be BYU's most athletic player on the team, 6' 9", with a 7' 1" wing span, and a 40" vert.  BYU has a lot a size that has to just sit on the bench: Sr Yoeli Childs 6' 8" 225 (9 game suspension), So Gavin Baxter 6' 9" 210 (year ending injury), So Wyatt Lowell 6' 10" 205 (transfer/WAC freshman of the year), and Jr Richard Harward 6' 11" 255 (transfer).

BYU has been forced to play small ball, until Yoeli returns. BYU players who have played time at the 4 or 5 so far this year-  Kolby Lee 6' 9" 240 (starts 5), Dalton Nixon 6' 7" 215 (starts 4), Zac Seljaas 6' 7" 215, Jake Toolson 6' 5" 205 (starts 3), Connor Harding 6' 6" 185 (more of a 2 or 3 a little lite at 185), and Taylor Maughan 6' 4" 210.  The only players out of those listed as a forward on BYU's roster in Lee and Nixon the rest are listed as guards.  Childs, Baxter, and Lowell are listed as forwards, Harward is listed as a center. 

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You don't root for your conference mates OOC?  

You mean the parochial stench isn't in the conference?  How does one tell the difference between, say, the Boazybunch and the parochial stench as a practical matter?  A Zoob is a Zoob, whether he's a Tater or no.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I tried watching this but the high angle shot always bothers me and I switched over to SDSU smacking USD. Please, somebody at Boise St find a new place for the TV cameras. It's unbearable.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

45 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I tried watching this but the high angle shot always bothers me and I switched over to SDSU smacking USD. Please, somebody at Boise St find a new place for the TV cameras. It's unbearable.

Agreed. I hate it. Worst camera angle in ncaa. Makes the players look like ants. Created a huge outcry when bsu hosted the ncaa tourney a few years ago. Moved the cameras temporarily for the tourney to resolve. Maybe that's why the ncaa denied Akots waiver. Paybacks are hell. 

22 hours ago, Pelado said:

Got my tickets earlier today.  Should be a fun game.  From what I understand, both teams will play pretty small and will look to push the tempo.  I'm expecting it to be a close game.  Hoping to be able to chant "Just like football" toward the end of the game.

21 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

And I'm hoping you can't. 

Damn it.

Guest #1Stunner
23 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

We had an obnoxious BYU fan sitting behind us. As soon as BYU fell behind in the OT he left faster than a speeding bullet.

The announcers said that Kolby Lee brought a bunch of family from Meridian.   Maybe they were his family?

5 hours ago, battle.borne said:

They put a ribbon where they used to hang the camera, now they have to hang it on the Balcony. They shoulda left a gap in the ribbon. Too late now, though.