Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State vs. the Cougars

Much more confident in the women's game against Washington State.

BYU vs. Boise State in the men's game will be a tough test. BYU has Arizona transfer Alex Barcello on the court with immediate eligibility (he's averaging 13 ppg).  BSU has Arizona transfer Emmanuel Akot on the bench due to the NCAA denying his waiver.  

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Much more confident in the women's game against Washington State.

BYU vs. Boise State in the men's game will be a tough test. BYU has Arizona transfer Alex Barcello on the court with immediate eligibility (he's averaging 13 ppg).  BSU has Arizona transfer Emmanuel Akot on the bench due to the NCAA denying his waiver.  

BYU men's basketball is playing a lot of small ball right now, and is very undersized.

The NCAA suspended Yoeli Childs for 10 games for not filing a paper on time.  Plus the other PF is out for the season with an injury.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU men's basketball is playing a lot of small ball right now, and is very undersized.

The NCAA suspended Yoeli Childs for 10 games for not filing a paper on time.  Plus the other PF is out for the season with an injury.

Bring back Dave Rose! 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

Bring back Dave Rose! 

Dave has stated that he's enjoying retirement now that he he's in his 60s.

Dave Rose unfortunately recently had a heart attack, and is trying to recover.

He was able to travel to Houston.

EHnkFFwUUAYov5I.jpg

https://www.deseret.com/2019/10/25/20932260/former-byu-basketball-coach-dave-rose-at-home-recovering-doing-really-well-after-heart-attack

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Why isn't this game being played in Idaho Falls?

Patience.

There is a guy by the name of Robert Spear that is heading this project.

They recently sold the naming rights for the new Arena, and it will hopefully be constructed soon.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/07/the-idaho-falls-events-center-now-has-a-name-and-a-major-sponsor/

We need this game to happen for all of our LOYAL BYU FANS living in the greater Idaho Falls area!!!! @BroncoOrange

54 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Dave has stated that he's enjoying retirement now that he he's in his 60s.

Dave Rose unfortunately recently had a heart attack, and is trying to recover.

He was able to travel to Houston.

EHnkFFwUUAYov5I.jpg

https://www.deseret.com/2019/10/25/20932260/former-byu-basketball-coach-dave-rose-at-home-recovering-doing-really-well-after-heart-attack

Damn that sucks, hope he recovers and enjoys retirement with his family. 

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Two teams playing small ball. Maybe it will be a competitive game. Will be a lot tougher for bsu if RJ Williams is not able to play. 

17 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Patience.

There is a guy by the name of Robert Spear that is heading this project.

They recently sold the naming rights for the new Arena, and it will hopefully be constructed soon.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/07/the-idaho-falls-events-center-now-has-a-name-and-a-major-sponsor/

We need this game to happen for all of our LOYAL BYU FANS living in the greater Idaho Falls area!!!! @BroncoOrange

Give it another 10 years at the rate they are moving. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, BroncoOrange said:

Give it another 10 years at the rate they are moving. 

It's been a very slow process, I agree.

Weird that they are doing stuff like selling the naming rights when construction hasn't even started yet.

@BroncoOrange

What are your thoughts on tonight's game?

You going to eat a pint of Reed's and watch the game??

I don't watch women's basketball. Might watch the Jazz game, even though they have disappointed so far in my opinion. 

Yeah, I'll probably watch it. Not sure what to expect. Haven't heard much about BYU's team. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, BroncoOrange said:

Yeah, I'll probably watch it. Not sure what to expect. Haven't heard much about BYU's team. 

BYU has some good guards, but Yoeli Childs (PF, best player) has to sit out 10 games because of the NCAA---stupid ruling that he missed a deadline to file a paper.

BYU's other bigs are injured or out, so BYU is playing a lot of small ball right now.

Honestly, the NCAA has screwed over both Boise and BYU with some of their rulings, and yet, other schools that are blatantly corrupt like Arizona or North Carolina get a free pass.  That's the NCAA.

Anyway, should probably be an even game tonight.  We'll see.

Got my tickets earlier today.  Should be a fun game.  From what I understand, both teams will play pretty small and will look to push the tempo.  I'm expecting it to be a close game.  Hoping to be able to chant "Just like football" toward the end of the game.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU has some good guards, but Yoeli Childs (PF, best player) has to sit out 10 games because of the NCAA---stupid ruling that he missed a deadline to file a paper.

BYU's other bigs are injured or out, so BYU is playing a lot of small ball right now.

Honestly, the NCAA has screwed over both Boise and BYU with some of their rulings, and yet, other schools that are blatantly corrupt like Arizona or North Carolina get a free pass.  That's the NCAA.

Anyway, should probably be an even game tonight.  We'll see.

I see BYU still has Sméagol. I thought that guy was a senior 6 years ago.