Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WYO1016

Sheep Week!!!

16 minutes ago, colosjr said:

Notice I'm only around lol. Not a lot of swagger over here though I really do think we can win this deal. History would suggest I shouldn't think that. If we lose, I'll be around for my comeuppance. When we win, I'll try to be gracious lol

Seems like the win streaks haven't gotten too long on either side recently.  The CSU aerial attack has me nervous.  O'Brien could have a big day if Wyomings pressure can't get to him. 

On 11/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, colosjr said:

The only thing we'll agree on this weekend. This football game needs to be played in football weather. 

The only thing we'll EVER agree on!  Now piss off!  GO COWBOYS!  :P

1 hour ago, phxpoke said:

Cowboys win the turnover battle, and they win the game. 24 17. TVW redeems himself, or we see the emergence of Levi Williams!

Cooper Rothe has been money in the Border War.  Not sure what has got into his head this season but make no mistake, the Cowboys need Cooper to be on his game tonight.

Just watching some condensed game film, and I'm by no means a coach but my take is that your QB delivers a good ball in a clean pocket and actually does a good job stepping up under quick pressure; he consistently finds a man in situations where he shouldn't be able to. UNR was able to get pressure at times with a 3 man rush and Boise had success too. I mean someone is in his face on any routes going over 10 yards damn near every time.  Wyo o-line isn't very good on pass protection; your LT has the footwork of Bolles. I look for Bombeck and Bates to have a game. We need to get up front early, which we have been able to do this year. If we can do that, we can force you to come out of your run offense and we should have success there. Ismail is a stud and it looks like Vander Waal looks to him when pressured. Not exactly sure how or who we can cover him, but it needs to get done. You guys have good mix of personnel groupings and I look for Bohl to find match ups he can exploit. Seems most your success against Boise came from 12 personnel where you used your QB/RB athleticism on zone reads and pa to freeze linebackers. Valladay doesn't need much of an o line push to find a crease. Very illusive skill position players. 

Defensively, it seems a lot of stunts on the line, and if you blitz, it's a five man pressure. Your interior linemen are tough and I think we may need to trap or avoid the inside all together. I like how Boise used reverses and jet sweeps to get to your edge. We have just the guy to do that with Dante Wright. It doesn't take long to get a step on your secondary, but with pressure, we might not have long. That will be a battle we need to win. I really like our passing match up and we have used Jackson on quick routes with YAC in the past. Might need to do that again. I think McElroy is hardy enough to keep you guys honest. Linebackers react quickly so we need to freeze them up with counters, cutbacks, bootlegs, and reverses. I didn't see a lot of how you guys cover TEs but we have a good pair of them so we'll see. 

Wyo is not a team that goes away. Never have been. CSU is a talented team that has had the lead at some point in most games and often is competitive into the later parts of games. They are going to need a full game to win. History says we've struggled with that but I think we're looking at this game as seriously as we ever have during the Bobo years. That being said, Go Rams and as P.S.A. to wyo: Remember to not take your anger out on your livestock. 

26 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

If Wyoming wins tonight, they will have two P5 wins for the year. Right?

Correct.  Good job.

I think @colosjr made a pretty good summation on the games prospects.  For CSU it's pretty simple, even though simple doesn't equal easy.  Cover Ismail and stop the run.  The Wyo O doesn't appear to function well beyond 3-5 yards without Chambers.  Like I said though, easier said than done.  When CSU is on offense there are only two rules...protect POB (again, easier said than done) and exploit the edge.  We do have the players to exploit the edge.  Unfortunately, we have a coach that firmly believes in running the ball right into the tigers mouth at least 30% of the time just because he read it in a book somewhere.  That right there is wasting 1/3 of our offensive chances.  Like colosjr I've talked myself into thinking the game might tilt towards CSU.  It's not going to come down to athletes.  Wyo is better at some spots, we're better at others.  It's going to come down to coaching.  Generally speaking, advantage Bohl but Jancek has this defense playing pretty salty and while Bobo has his failings as a HC, he's a pretty solid OC.  Should be a good game.

It'll be a chippy game, I'm sure of that.

22 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Correct.  Good job.

I think @colosjr made a pretty good summation on the games prospects.  For CSU it's pretty simple, even though simple doesn't equal easy.  Cover Ismail and stop the run.  The Wyo O doesn't appear to function well beyond 3-5 yards without Chambers.  Like I said though, easier said than done.  When CSU is on offense there are only two rules...protect POB (again, easier said than done) and exploit the edge.  We do have the players to exploit the edge.  Unfortunately, we have a coach that firmly believes in running the ball right into the tigers mouth at least 30% of the time just because he read it in a book somewhere.  That right there is wasting 1/3 of our offensive chances.  Like colosjr I've talked myself into thinking the game might tilt towards CSU.  It's not going to come down to athletes.  Wyo is better at some spots, we're better at others.  It's going to come down to coaching.  Generally speaking, advantage Bohl but Jancek has this defense playing pretty salty and while Bobo has his failings as a HC, he's a pretty solid OC.  Should be a good game.

It'll be a chippy game, I'm sure of that.

The Wyoming offense is only supposed to go about 5 yards out I think.  That's Vigens plan, he will also run it up the gut 75% of the game.  

Game will definitely be chippy, I hope Wyoming can keep their composure, not always easy for this team.

8 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

The Wyoming offense is only supposed to go about 5 yards out I think.  That's Vigens plan, he will also run it up the gut 75% of the game.  

Game will definitely be chippy, I hope Wyoming can keep their composure, not always easy for this team.

I think you'll see some new stuff.  Not a ton, but at least a try.  This game is pretty important to Bohl.  He gets it.

5 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I think you'll see some new stuff.  Not a ton, but at least a try.  This game is pretty important to Bohl.  He gets it.

Bohl does get it, hopefully Vander Waal does too.  Can't force anything.  Has to take what he gets. 

Just now, Wyobraska said:

That sucks, I always want my team to go against the other team as close to full strength as possible.  

Me too, but I'm not crying that Chambers is on the bench.  :D

:foottap:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

tenor.gif

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."