Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Abilene Christian at UNLV

6 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

These next few opponents are more what the schedule probably should have been for a program transition coaching staffs and band-aid roster...........this might give TJO some games to use his roster and see if he has any depth or if it's basically the 6 & a half guys 

Dang man, where were statements like this when I was stating that you schedule to your roster, and that it is possible and unwise to schedule yourself out of a job?

This schedule would have been fine for the returning team and coach, but all of these moves, from the fire, to the hire, to the schedule are starting to smack of a rookie AD, in way ovet her head, making moves for the sole purpose of selling tickets, appeasing a fan base (whem shes supposed to be the expert), and trying to make a name for herself. She clearly does not understand how to set a program and her young coach up for success.

You can heap not having the cache to fire the football coach as well.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Dang man, where were statements like this when I was stating that you schedule to your roster, and that it is possible and unwise to schedule yourself out of a job?

This schedule would have been fine for the returning team and coach, but all of these moves, from the fire, to the hire, to the schedule are starting to smack of a rookie AD, in way ovet her head, making moves for the sole purpose of selling tickets, appeasing a fan base (whem shes supposed to be the expert), and trying to make a name for herself. She clearly does not understand how to set a program and her young coach up for success.

You can heap not having the cache to fire the football coach as well.

Upping the schedule was pretty much to appease the fan base I think - Literally no reason to suddenly schedule 3  P5's when you have a roster that's in total disarray due to a coaching change

Menzies was hammered for his weaker schedules.............so DRF & TJO went bigger which I don't mind but this season it might not have been the best thing 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Upping the schedule was pretty much to appease the fan base I think - Literally no reason to suddenly schedule 3  P5's when you have a roster that's in total disarray due to a coaching change

Menzies was hammered for his weaker schedules.............so DRF & TJO went bigger which I don't mind but this season it might not have been the best thing 

I STILL hold out hope. Its not TJs fault. But I noticed that a lot of the previously very vocal crew are conspicuously quiet now.

All the ganging up on me and facepalming posts and Ive been spot on about pretty much all of this. It really makes me sick to my stomach the mismanaging of this program, and this rookie lady seems to be continuing the trend.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

I STILL hold out hope. Its not TJs fault. But I noticed that a lot of the previously very vocal crew are conspicuously quiet now.

All the ganging up on me and facepalming posts and Ive been spot on about pretty much all of this. It really makes me sick to my stomach the mismanaging of this program, and this rookie lady seems to be continuing the trend.

Programs been flailing away since Kruger departed under what might have been suspect terms - This season isn't TJO's fault this is all on DRF .......time will tell shortly if her call to fire Menzies was the right move at the right time.

Sad thing is UNLV lost some decent talent that would have really helped on this roster - Ntambwe & Juiston two names for sure that would easily start this season - Just like Menzies could have used some of the players that bailed when Rice was cut loose 

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I’d hope the UNLV admins continue to appease the fans, because they want to put butts in the seats. The KSU game drew a decent crowd. People don’t want to watch a whole non conference home slate of Cal Baptist and Abilene Christian. That was the whole point of scheduling P5 teams, appeasing the season ticket holders. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

I’d hope the UNLV admins continue to appease the fans, because they want to put butts in the seats. The KSU game drew a decent crowd. People don’t want to watch a whole non conference home slate of Cal Baptist and Abilene Christian. That was the whole point of scheduling P5 teams, appeasing the season ticket holders. 

Agree the better the schedule the better the crowds (hopefully)..........maybe DRF thought UNLV would have a decent roster this season ?!?!

This roster this season though isn't suited to playing a strong schedule