Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Abilene Christian at UNLV

Header Logo  AT  University of Nevada Las Vegas

DATE: Monday, November 18
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
SITE: Tarkanian Court, Thomas & Mack Center (18,000), Las Vegas
TV/VID.: Mountain West Network/UNLVRebels.com (Tony Cordasco, Donovan Stewart)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry, sideline reporter: Steve Cofield)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com

Record: . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-3 Home: . . . . . . . . . . 1-1
MW: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0-0 Away: . . . . . . . . . . . 0-2
vs. Top 25: . . . . . . . . . . 0-0 Neutral: . . . . . . . . . 0-0

Head Coach: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . T.J. Otzelberger
UNLV Record: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-3 (.250)/1st season
Career Record: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 71-36 (.664)/4th season

This will mark the first-ever meeting between UNLV and Abilene Christian in men’s basketball

UNLV is 12-1 all-time against teams that currently make up the Southland Conference

Abilene Christian opened its season with a 90-39 home win over Arlington Baptist on Nov. 5, then suffered two straight defeats: at Drexel, 86-83, on Nov. 10, and at home to Pepperdine, 73-69, on Saturday

UNLV holds the NCAA record for most consecutive games scoring at least one 3-pointer. Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,074 games played.

The 2019-20 season marks the 37th year of Runnin’ Rebel basketball in the Thomas & Mack Center. UNLV has posted an all-time record of 489-126 (.795) in the arena since it opened in 1983

The 2019-20 season marks the 62nd year of Runnin’ Rebel basketball at UNLV. Since the program’s inception in 1958-59, the Runnin’ Rebels have posted an all-time record of 1,289-570 (.693)

UNLV is 8th in the MWC in scoring at 67.8 ppg

UNLV is 9th in the MWC in 3ptFG made

UNLV is 2nd in the MWC in defensive rebounding

UNLV is 10th in the MWC in steals and assists

Hardy is 6th in the MWC in scoring at 17.5 ppg

Diong is 5th in MWC rebounding at 10.8 rpg

Diong leads the MWC in blocked shots at 2.3 per game

Jonah Antonio played a season low 11 minutes at UCLA taking 1 FG attempt

Bryce Hamilton is 1-10 from the arch this season

Tillman has 8 FG attempts in his first two games but has 256 attempts in his last two games 

UNLV has taken fewer 3ptFg attempts than opponents

Three players have fouled out in the four games played

Mitrou-Long has 12 assists and 12 turnovers

Hardy has 13 turnover and 12 assists

32 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Start of an important home stretch where the Rebels can pile up some home wins and build momentum for the start of the MWC in early December.

These next few opponents are more what the schedule probably should have been for a program transition coaching staffs and band-aid roster...........this might give TJO some games to use his roster and see if he has any depth or if it's basically the 6 & a half guys 

ACU does have a pulse, 3-point loss at Drexel, 4 points to Pepperdine, but you guys need to be on cruise control by the second half.

Sorry folks,

I went 0-2 on UNLV games on my road trip.

0-1 VGk too.

Sucks, because I started off nice with my Seahawks +7 and Over 47 parlay Monday.

Cal was cool. Haas Arena reminds me of an LDS church. Court and then hallways with carpet. Surprisingly sold alcohol. Off to the side in a bootleg corner, almost like they didn't want anyone to know. lmao.

Same results as KSU. Just couldn't finish the game. They had a real nice duo that carried their team. Mark Fox is going to do well there.

UCLA was fun. That start was atrocious for UNLV, but UCLA is pretty damn big. Mick Cronin is gonna kill it there. He already has them playing big boy ball on defense and boards. Seems like they play 6'7 - 6'10 in all positions.

Cronin has instilled his footprint already and I expect UCLA to be a factor again nationally soon. That place recruits itself. His defense and rebounding philosophy along with talent he couldn't get at Cincy is going to come together real nice.

UCLA should have a million fans too. I was surprised with the turnout they did have, but that place should be packed full. I had courtside seats and that shouldn't happen. Pauley is a nice arena. Better than most I've been to.

The last 30 mins went much better than the 1st 10 mins. Just could never cut into that lead enough. A lot of simple turnovers and not capitalizing on opportunities. UCLA shooting kept the Rebs at bay.

UNLV has 4 reliable guys and 2 tossups. Jonah struggled against the big guys. Hamilton is starting to have some confidence though...If UNLV can get production out of them 2, we will be in a much better spot. The bench with Blair and Dembele is what it is. I like Blair, but he's a non factor against the bigger teams. I do still think he can produce in the MWC though and that is what really matters. Utah State and SDSU will give this team fits, but at least by then this group will have been tested.

The early season challenges is perfect for this group. They have seen some tough defenses and elite athleticism early. I don't expect this team to lose all 3 of SMU, BYU and Cincy. 2 of those being on the road again.

Also, Fresno comes into town in just over 2 weeks from now...

Lots of basketball left. Excited to see some improvement.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I realize this is not a MW game, but Trey is a former rebel, and i'm waiting for the rebs game to start. UVU trails Kentucky by 2 4 with 6 minutes left. Pretty good game.

Edit: oh man, Up by one, Kentucky just totally got away with an over the back, and put the kid on the floor.. just let it go and the ball went out of bounds. Kentucky ball. now they're up by 4, 1:34 left. ugh. just stole this game from UVU

14 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I realize this is not a MW game, but Trey is a former rebel, and i'm waiting for the rebs game to start. UVU trails Kentucky by 2 4 with 6 minutes left. Pretty good game.

Edit: oh man, Up by one, Kentucky just totally got away with an over the back, and put the kid on the floor.. just let it go and the ball went out of bounds. Kentucky ball. now they're up by 4, 1:34 left. ugh. just stole this game from UVU

Trey was balling

26 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Trey was balling

McNeese came to the Pit Saturday and another ex-Rebel was not balling.

Jalen Posyer saw the court for three minutes with no numbers.

Kinda fun to see Heath Schroyer roaming the sidelines though.

39 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

He's been looking good. That Washington kid lighting it up.

1 minute ago, LoboSage said:

McNeese came to the Pit Saturday and another ex-Rebel was not balling.

Jalen Posyer saw the court for three minutes with no numbers.

Kinda fun to see Heath Schroyer roaming the sidelines though.

oh man, that's gotta hurt, lol.

and of course, who doesn't love Shroyer, :P