Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Hair Thompson should actually do his job this week.

21 hours ago, jdw said:

Right now, with Boise's injuries, it's still Cincy>BSU. If you get healthy and win out, it's a much more viable argument. You have USU, AF and possibly SDSU left. Cincy has Temple, Memphis and their CC left. BSU has more brownie points left on the table, have to be perfect though.

I heard on ESPN radio that Cinci QB (don't remember the name) might miss the rest of the season due to shoulder and arm injury. Anyone else hear that? Could Boise stumble their way into the NY6?

12 hours ago, RSF said:

Its not, actually.  Its part of his job.  When he has something to politic.  Right now, he doesnt - because these rankings mean shit.  Only the last one matters.  So come 2 or 3 weeks from now, perhaps that will change.  Maybe.  People seem to forget that when the MWC had something to sell to the public in that regard, it was Thompson who led the charge.  I remember it, even if few others do.

And I noticed you completely ignored the post that killed your numbers argument.  Shocking.

I really don't get the argument being made here.  The computers like Cinci better due to having a better loss, same reasoning the pollsters have.  The bearcats will likely drop a game anyway.  Still a lot of season left, if Boise finishes 12-1 after the MWCCG I would have a problem should Craig not publicly advocate for Boise.  I doubt either happens.  That we make it to 12-1 with so many key players banged up or that Hair would fail to advocate for us should we, for all his ineptitude. 

Hair is both not that great and seemingly not very available to the media.  I remember when the WAC was around, the media always called Karl Benson whenever they need a G5 quote/interview.  Now it's Aresco.  Even when he goes to MWC games he doesn't seem like he's available to do local media interviews.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Also clearly @thespywhozaggedme learned nothing of Jobu the last time he started a thread like this.  @Broncomare learned her lesson.

I learned my lesson with YBU!!  I don't even think we should be in the MWC.  Sun Belt, here we come!!!!  How's that @BSUTOP25?

down in a hole.jpg

3 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

I learned my lesson with YBU!!  I don't even think we should be in the MWC.  Sun Belt, here we come!!!!  How's that @BSUTOP25?

Reverse Juju is some heavy shit, not to be tossed around with abandon.  Jobu scoffs when offerings are not sincere.  Be careful please.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reverse Juju is some heavy shit, not to be tossed around with abandon.  Jobu scoffs when offerings are not sincere.  Be careful please.

Have you watched our schizophrenic football team??? 

down in a hole.jpg

6 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

CC3960F7-DAF4-4F09-87BF-4C3AE4A9C77A.png.6473154d665e2418243d79d886481466.png

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It doesn’t do much good to bitch about Thompson. The MWC presidents pay his salary and they obviously don't give a shit as long as member schools don’t politically embarrass the conference.

Thompson has a cush job and salary we all wish we had. 

You make a great point. Maybe our criticism of Hairball is misplaced. Maybe it should be directed at his idiot bosses.

However, thatsmymammy also makes a good point. For the presidents athletics is a secondary responsibility so it's really the athletic directors who are :loser:s.

Boom goes the dynamite.

34 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

You make a great point. Maybe our criticism of Hairball is misplaced. Maybe it should be directed at his idiot bosses.

However, thatsmymammy also makes a good point. For the presidents athletics is a secondary responsibility so it's really the athletic directors who are :loser:s.

It should be.  The presidents can't agree on anything, thus it looks like Thompson lacks leadership and is unable to provide direction.  Not saying Thompson is great, he is not and far from inspiring but I think we need to come to grips with the fact that collectively, MWC presidents are shit here.  We won't do that though because every school's fans here are happy with "their" president.

33 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Like the original MWC Presidents who hired hair are all gone--he's pretty much outlasted a genderation of Presidents (due to turnover and membership changes)

What are the odds that there are so many inept Presidents out there?

34 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Not really.  AD's don't vote on conference issues or hire themselves.  They have no say in retaining Thompson either.  The buck stops with the Presidents who vote on things, even though I am sure they get input from their AD's.

Sorry about your upcoming loss to Utah State...Boise fans. 

Congrats on your win Utah State!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It should be.  The presidents can't agree on anything, thus it looks like Thompson lacks leadership and is unable to provide direction.  Not saying Thompson is great, he is not and far from inspiring but I think we need to come to grips with the fact that collectively, MWC presidents are shit here.  We won't do that though because every school's fans here are happy with "their" president.

Exactly.  If we want change, people need to petition their presidents to make a move in regards to Thompson.  

I believe that Thompson will retire soon though.  1-3 years.  He publicly stated he wanted to handle this TV negotiation and wouldn't retire until that was done.  Once that is done, I doubt he hangs around too much longer.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I wonder how many of the presidents attend their football and basketball games.  That should be telling.

15 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Oh my gosh!! Have you never heard of pr? Aresco is constantly getting the word out about the AAC and it works. Look at one of the other posters said citing Danny Kannell and his take on the AAC and Aresco. I listen to ESPNU radio in the car, it's 95% cfb and they talk a ton about the AAC, the MWC..not so much and that's 'cause of Aresco. I honestly can not for the life of me believe that a Thompson apologist exists, you're like a retarded unicorn. 

Go to https://sports.yahoo.com/ hoover on NCAAF tab and box appears and says "Top Conferences" and it has 6 of them with logos and more. Guess which one G5 is listed with the P5 (hint ain't us). :(

15 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Oh my gosh!! Have you never heard of pr? Aresco is constantly getting the word out about the AAC and it works. Look at one of the other posters said citing Danny Kannell and his take on the AAC and Aresco. I listen to ESPNU radio in the car, it's 95% cfb and they talk a ton about the AAC, the MWC..not so much and that's 'cause of Aresco. I honestly can not for the life of me believe that a Thompson apologist exists, you're like a retarded unicorn. 

Im sorry if the logic eludes you.

Danny Kanell.  Yeah, ok.

Still avoiding your failed numbers argument.  Without something to sell...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Like the original MWC Presidents who hired hair are all gone--he's pretty much outlasted a genderation of Presidents (due to turnover and membership changes)

What are the odds that there are so many inept Presidents out there?

I'm not a misogynistic hater of SDSU's new president but she replaced the excellent Jim Sterk with milquetoast JD Wicker apparently only because so many coaches went public to say what a nice guy he was in his first go-round at Montezuma Mesa. Steve Weber would have taken that into account but he learned enough about what a mistake hiring a nice guy can be from the Jeff Schemmel debacle that Wicker wouldn't have had the job in the bag if Weber was still around.

As to other MWC schools, I don't know enough about most to venture an opinion. However, it sure seems as though the ones UNLV and SJSU have had have been miserable when it comes to athletics.

Boom goes the dynamite.