Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Kaepernick Gets 8 NFL Teams to show up for his workout with 5 WR’s

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Hate to burst your bubble Contard, but I’m actually a recently retired VP of a multinational A/E firm who worked on projects all over the world and served in the Army. Not sure where you got the hippy part. 

You’ve called yourself a hippy, that’s where I got it from. 😝😂

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

I thought that Colin was trying to give a voice to the people that didn't have a voice, not saying he had it truly bad but that kids(young adults, grown up, whatever, I don't want to get into that verbiage) like the ones shot in Ferguson, Baltimore, and other places do have it bad.  

I think the saddest part of Colin is that his message was forgotten and everything became centered around the flag and whether he was disrespectful.  No one even discusses police brutality anymore when they bring him up.

Wearing the pig socks and Fidel Castro shirt didn’t exactly help his cause either. Given his public stature he could have very easily called a news conference and expressed his views in a public forum. 

Instead, all he did was piss off a lot of people and I doubt things are any different in black communities than they were pre Kap kneeling. 

4 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

There's like zero factual substance to the motivations you ascribe to others. You're not a mind reader. 

What a ridiculous comment, & you have no idea what you’re talking about. People are called into court all the time that know a defendant and they’re asked to give testimony as to the mental state of the defendant. This is used all the time to convict and exonerate defendants.  I just love this lefty “no, you can’t judge any minority’s general mentalI state. I can assure you that everyone does. No one knows all the small minute thoughts everyone has, but the big ones are out there for everyone to see on a daily basis. 

Everyone that has half a brain that’s followed Kap out of school knows generally what’s happened. He got into an NFL locker room trying to get acceptance with roster guys, and some of them started putting unhealthy ideas into his head. You could see it on his Instagram posting. Then he met his bat shit crazy girlfriend, and she got control of him quick. She and her friends encouraged him to become a full blown activist. So he went in with both feet. Ault is a guy that loved Kap like a son, and Colin felt the same way. Ault seems to not want to talk about it, but he has said that he disapproves with how he sometimes protests, but supports his right to do it. Ault makes it pretty clear that he’s not thrilled with his change. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That is really a funny statement, and classic left stupidity. In the Lefty Liberal Rulebook, it states that:

“Any black person should never be questioned about having an extreme negative experience in America regardless of the evidence to the contrary, and even if the claims are over the top ridiculous.”

Colin’s claimed extreme suffering will never be backed up by friends, teammates, teachers, etc. that were close to him growing up. It doesn’t even come close to passing any kind of smell test. The situation with Eddie Vedder in the early 90’s was the same kind of thing. Everyone knew how much he enjoyed life and always had a smile on his face. When he got into Pearl Jam, he and fans created a role for him to be the poster boy for the kid that grew up poor, abused, the system always beating him down, never having any good luck, etc.  So instead of pretending, he chose to become that person and convinced himself that he never was happy. Rolling Stone did an article in 96 where they interviewed ex-friends, classmates from HS, even his mom, and no one could recognize or see the justification of the ‘new’ EV. Granted his life was far from perfect and he had pain due to divorce by his parents, but that’s pretty normal in modern times. 

I'll give you an Eddie Vedder and raise you a Layne Staley.  Layne grew up in Bellevue, Washington - the tony part of Seattle.  Even admits he was a Bellevue brat.  But his dad wasn't around because of his drug use.  Layne wanted to become famous, so that his dad would come to see him.  Well, Layne became famous, his dad came to see him and then his dad proceeded to get him hooked on heroin, which ultimately killed him.  

down in a hole.jpg

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Wearing the pig socks and Fidel Castro shirt didn’t exactly help his cause either. Given his public stature he could have very easily called a news conference and expressed his views in a public forum. 

Instead, all he did was piss off a lot of people and I doubt things are any different in black communities than they were pre Kap kneeling. 

Valid points.  He has turned it into more of a circus than necessary

13 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I am annoyed with all the brainwashed patriotism that serves this country badly, and is used to start wars to make presidents popular and kill our kids while making the defense industry money.

I would rather stand and salute Kaepernick and people like him even if i don't agree with them.  Because they represent what America should be.  Not to mention they have big balls.   I mostly stand for the anthem out of peer pressure, i don't want to discuss the issues with morons like @Bob, who have no clue what freedoms are for.

You hit the nail on the head here. I don't necessarily agree with Kaperslap and do laugh at the fact that he's pretended to have a "hard life"...but...it is his right to do what he wants to in protesting the anthem. It's no different than the two guys from San Jose State that did it in Mexico City back in the day...while I think the SJ guys had a lot more to stand on, it's still a peaceful protest and fits in line with what the American Way should be. This bullshit that you have to blindly support all the institutions of the United States or else be pretty much labeled an "enemy of the state" fits very much in line with something out of a Communist state. 

Of course, with every action comes a reaction, and it's perfectly fine for NFL teams not to employ him because he brings too much of a circus to each of them. Free country, after all. 

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

What a ridiculous comment, & you have no idea what you’re talking about. People are called into court all the time that know a defendant and they’re asked to give testimony as to the mental state of the defendant. This is used all the time to convict and exonerate defendants.  I just love this lefty “no, you can’t judge any minority’s general mentalI state. I can assure you that everyone does. No one knows all the small minute thoughts everyone has, but the big ones are out there for everyone to see on a daily basis. 

Everyone that has half a brain that’s followed Kap out of school knows generally what’s happened. He got into an NFL locker room trying to get acceptance with roster guys, and some of them started putting unhealthy ideas into his head. You could see it on his Instagram posting. Then he met his bat shit crazy girlfriend, and she got control of him quick. She and her friends encouraged him to become a full blown activist. So he went in with both feet. Ault is a guy that loved Kap like a son, and Colin felt the same way. Ault seems to not want to talk about it, but he has said that he disapproves with how he sometimes protests, but supports his right to do it. Ault makes it pretty clear that he’s not thrilled with his change. 

Experts offer opinions in court

You're not an expert and you are expressing your opinions and calling them facts. 

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I am annoyed with all the brainwashed patriotism that serves this country badly, and is used to start wars to make presidents popular and kill our kids while making the defense industry money.

I would rather stand and salute Kaepernick and people like him even if i don't agree with them.  Because they represent what America should be.  Not to mention they have big balls.   I mostly stand for the anthem out of peer pressure, i don't want to discuss the issues with morons like @Bob, who have no clue what freedoms are for.

I understand where you are coming from. However, there are a lot of men and women in the military that serve our country and in some cases given their lives that believe in the freedoms we have so that people like Kap can express his opinions. I would hope we always respect those that serve and those lives that were lost which is why I will always stand for the national anthem even though I may disagree with the many of the wars our government has gotten us into. 

3 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

Experts offer opinions in court

You're not an expert and you are expressing your opinions and calling them facts. 

Are you kidding? Do you know anything about what's goes on in court cases? Yes, sometimes either side will put up an expert of a certain area and use it to their advantage. But there are actually a lot more who testify that aren't experts on anything technical. They are Character Witnesses and it's defined as 

"a person who gives evidence in a legal action concerning the reputation, conduct, and moral nature of a party."

These people are typically family members or long time friends that have been around the defendant for many years and have seen their true colors of character, morality, attitude, conduct/behavior, reputation, etc. A character witness can also be used as a fact witness. 

So that's totally inline with what I was talking about regarding the people being around Colin growing up all the way through entering the NFL. Character witnesses know A LOT about the defendant, and others can hear what the CW's are saying about the defendant and either accept it or not. Obviously, if there are a handful of CW's that are consistently saying the same things, it makes them that much more legit. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Bob said:

So when you stand for the anthem you don't stand with a grateful heart for the the amazing opportunities, blessings, advantages, conveniences, liberties, etc. that you have and enjoy? All because you had the good fortune to be born in this blessed country? You can't muster the gratitude to stand as a symbolic gesture for the good men and women that sacrificed so much and died in conflicts like WWII to preserve your way of life? The person with the worst life imaginable in this country has more than billions of others on this planet. +++++ off, man. You're welcome to do what you want, but it exposes you for what you are. Ingratitude is the worst sin of all.   

No one in a war since maybe the civil war has actually fought for our freedoms.    

This is the problem with the patriotism morons like you expose, it is used to justify wars that we have zero national interest in.   

Look at you, you think our military and its men are being used to defend this country when we haven't been attacked by anyone significant since the war of 1812,  It is your stupidity and weak mind that has allowed hundreds of thousands of our young people to die.  Not to mention the millions we have killed in our adventures of monetary greed.   

Yet you have proved again why I do stand for the anthem, it would do no good for me not too.   You are incapable of intellectual thought and actually discussing something that goes against your brainwashing would be impossible with you.   You are worse than the emotionally crippled thinkers on the left.

18 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Are those veterans and service members also annoyed at all the folks nowadays who fail to remove their 🧢 during the anthem? As a vet I always find that pretty disrespectful and it’s widespread. Things change over time though. During the latter stages of the Vietnam War I remember substantial portions of crowds at events not standing at all. 

Thanks, in large part, to the hippy propaganda effort that the media was so happy to distribute to Americans. And that included blaming the soldiers, in general, as being evil people that don't have any problem being baby killers. 

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Look at you, you think our military and its men are being used to defend this country when we haven't been attacked by anyone significant since the war of 1812,  

Pearl Harbor says 'hi'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

Pearl Harbor says 'hi'.

FDR made that happen, if we didn't destroy the Japanese economy with sanctions they wouldn't have had to attack us to get the oil they needed to keep the lights on.

That war started long before the attack on Pearl Harbor and we were the aggressors.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

FDR made that happen, if we didn't destroy the Japanese economy with sanctions they wouldn't have had to attack us to get the oil they needed to keep the lights on.

That war started long before the attack on Pearl Harbor and we were the aggressors.

Doesnt make your statement any more factually correct.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

If standing for the anthem and showing my gratitude for what I have and realizing how incredibly lucky I am to live in this country is toxic patriotism then I'm guilty. I guess the anthem means different things to different people and to you it is synonymous with war and murder and that's a perverted way of thinking and I feel sorry for you. 

If you actually understood what a great country you lived in and believed what you said above.  You would be proud of the stance Kapernick took and the fact he could do such a thing in this country.  Whether you agreed with him or not.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Are you kidding? Do you know anything about what's goes on in court cases? Yes, sometimes either side will put up an expert of a certain area and use it to their advantage. But there are actually a lot more who testify that aren't experts on anything technical. They are Character Witnesses and it's defined as 

"a person who gives evidence in a legal action concerning the reputation, conduct, and moral nature of a party."

These people are typically family members or long time friends that have been around the defendant for many years and have seen their true colors of character, morality, attitude, conduct/behavior, reputation, etc. A character witness can also be used as a fact witness. 

So that's totally inline with what I was talking about regarding the people being around Colin growing up all the way through entering the NFL. Character witnesses know A LOT about the defendant, and others can hear what the CW's are saying about the defendant and either accept it or not. Obviously, if there are a handful of CW's that are consistently saying the same things, it makes them that much more legit. 

we are talking about YOU stating your opinion on colin kaepernick's motivations and labeling it a fact.

you are not a character witness.

you are not a fact witness.

you are not an expert witness.

this is not a court of law.

you are convinced you know and understand kaepernick's motivations.  fine.  wonderful.  but it's not fact.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

I will never agree that shitting on the flag of the country that gives you all the wonderful freedoms that we enjoy is admirable or courageous. It is incompatible with my thinking. 

The country gives me nothing.   The people create this country and people like you will destroy our freedoms because of a rag.   A rag used to benefit the defense industry, represent patriotism that presidents use to keep themselves popular even though they have disastrous policies.

A rag you use to try and limit our freedoms like speech.

You are a danger to this country and everything it stands for.