Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Kaepernick Gets 8 NFL Teams to show up for his workout with 5 WR’s

6 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Hey this board is for entertainment, I enjoy your contributions.  The last statement of yours is what led to the facepalm.

"how anyone sees kaepernick is probably more of a reflection of how they see the world than how kaepernick actually is"

eh, fair enough.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Who said anything about free speech? I don't like his views about, well everything, and think he'd be happier in a country he hated less. He can say whatever he wants and so can I. 

It seems like you are the upset about being in a country with individual freedoms like speech.  Maybe you should look into liberia.

Not a good day for Tony. So after moving it to a HS, 

People are saying that the NFL came out of the blue and offered it. No, Jay-z has been working with him, and working to deal black issues in the league (Jay-z is close to Kap) So it was more of a mutual interest to get this done. 

But again, Kap has no intent to play again. Zero. Instead of a try out he made it a stunt for his Nike sponsor and to get into the headlines again. You don’t change the venue, show up wearing a Kunta Kinte t-shirt and then talk with extreme defiance to the media. Now Jay-z is mad at him for moving the workout turning it into a joke. 

kat.jpg

17 hours ago, happycamper said:

What are you talking about? How do you figure that he hates the military, hates freedom, and hates American principles? He hates the military and veterans so much that he changed his activism from sitting to kneeling on the advice of a veteran? He hates... the freedom to speak? He hates asking better of his government? For that matter, what does that have to do with "making his hair look more black"?

Bob you sound like David Duke here.

That was one veteran.  I know lot's of veterans and active duty military that he pissed off.  They saw his actions as "shitting" on the American flag.  The flag that covers the coffins of those that are KIA.  I think he knew he was getting cut & had to made himself relevant somehow....

down in a hole.jpg

2 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

That was one veteran.  I know lot's of veterans and active duty military that he pissed off.  They saw his actions as "shitting" on the American flag.  The flag that covers the coffins of those that are KIA.  I think he knew he was getting cut & had to made himself relevant somehow....

Sure, he pissed off lots, and he tried to listen as well. 

What makes you think that last part? I mean, have you paid attention to the QB market? Jared Goff is getting 110 million guaranteed and he's a ventriloquist dummy. There is about zero chance that Kaep wouldn't have been picked up somewhere for a stupid amount of money. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Sure, he pissed off lots, and he tried to listen as well. 

What makes you think that last part? I mean, have you paid attention to the QB market? Jared Goff is getting 110 million guaranteed and he's a ventriloquist dummy. There is about zero chance that Kaep wouldn't have been picked up somewhere for a stupid amount of money. 

I said the last part because he was starting to stink it up big time & I think he knew he was about to get cut, so he decided to stir up the pot and get some attention, so that it would make the niners look bad if they cut him.

down in a hole.jpg

1 minute ago, Broncomare said:

I said the last part because he was starting to stink it up big time & I think he knew he was about to get cut, so he decided to stir up the pot and get some attention, so that it would make the niners look bad if they cut him.

Agree.  He was on the hotseat for a while.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, AndroidAggie said:

Achievement unlocked: Racist post level 7

It is a fact that because his paternal mother was white, and his adopted family was all white, and he didn’t look all that black to many other players, etc. To answer that, he resorted to the 70’s big fro to look more black and to quiet his critics. Those are facts. I think it’s pathetic that there are so many Americans out there that think it’s important to keep track of all that stuff, but that’s the business Colin is in, identity politics.

kat.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, Bob said:

Who said anything about free speech? I don't like his views about, well everything, and think he'd be happier in a country he hated less. He can say whatever he wants and so can I. 

It’s good that you explained that. The PC warriors will always assume the worst in people if a statement is brief and could be taken a number of ways. He hates America so much that suggesting other options is fair game. Since Colin has become a racist himself, we all know what his ideal country would look like. Black Lives Matter is huge to Kap, and they’ve recently declared that black athletes must forget about playing at schools with whites, and only attend and play FB at all black colleges and universities. It really doesn’t get more racist than that. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Are those veterans and service members also annoyed at all the folks nowadays who fail to remove their 🧢 during the anthem? As a vet I always find that pretty disrespectful and it’s widespread. Things change over time though. During the latter stages of the Vietnam War I remember substantial portions of crowds at events not standing at all. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 11/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

His America is different from yours. You don’t have a monopoly on what this country is thankfully. 

That is really a funny statement, and classic left stupidity. In the Lefty Liberal Rulebook, it states that:

“Any black person should never be questioned about having an extreme negative experience in America regardless of the evidence to the contrary, and even if the claims are over the top ridiculous.”

Colin’s claimed extreme suffering will never be backed up by friends, teammates, teachers, etc. that were close to him growing up. It doesn’t even come close to passing any kind of smell test. The situation with Eddie Vedder in the early 90’s was the same kind of thing. Everyone knew how much he enjoyed life and always had a smile on his face. When he got into Pearl Jam, he and fans created a role for him to be the poster boy for the kid that grew up poor, abused, the system always beating him down, never having any good luck, etc.  So instead of pretending, he chose to become that person and convinced himself that he never was happy. Rolling Stone did an article in 96 where they interviewed ex-friends, classmates from HS, even his mom, and no one could recognize or see the justification of the ‘new’ EV. Granted his life was far from perfect and he had pain due to divorce by his parents, but that’s pretty normal in modern times. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

That is really a funny statement, and classic left stupidity. In the Lefty Liberal Rulebook, it states that:

“Any black person should never be questioned about having an extreme negative experience in America regardless of the evidence to the contrary, and even if the claims are over the top ridiculous.”

Colin’s claimed extreme suffering will never be backed up by friends, teammates, teachers, etc. that were close to him growing up. It doesn’t even come close to passing any kind of smell test. The situation with Eddie Vedder in the early 90’s was the same kind of thing. Everyone knew how much he enjoyed life and always had a smile on his face. When he got into Pearl Jam, he and fans created a role for him to be the poster boy for the kid that grew up poor, abused, the system always beating him down, never having any good luck, etc.  So instead of pretending, he chose to become that person and convinced himself that he never was happy. Rolling Stone did an article in 96 where they interviewed ex-friends, classmates from HS, even his mom, and no one could recognize or see the justification of the ‘new’ EV. Granted his life was far from perfect and he had pain due to divorce by his parents, but that’s pretty normal in modern times. 

lol. Contard never misses the opportunity to get Eddie Vedder into a thread. 

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

lol. Contard never misses the opportunity to get Eddie Vedder into a thread. 

Why are you wrong all the time? Is it a serious hobby, or are you thinking about making it into a business? 

Do a search and see how many times I’ve brought him up over the last 5 years. On band threads I’ve brought up the sleeper show of the 90’s, but not a lot else. Why are you so concerned about it? Obviously it’s because it pisses you off when I have something cool and interesting to say like that, and you can’t do anything about it because you know I can back it up. 

kat.jpg

15 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why are you wrong all the time? Is it a serious hobby, or are you thinking about making it into a business? 

Do a search and see how many times I’ve brought him up over the last 5 years. On band threads I’ve brought up the sleeper show of the 90’s, but not a lot else. Why are you so concerned about it? Obviously it’s because it pisses you off when I have something cool and interesting to say like that, and you can’t do anything about it because you know I can back it up. 

Cool and interesting. Right. 

50 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Are those veterans and service members also annoyed at all the folks nowadays who fail to remove their 🧢 during the anthem? As a vet I always find that pretty disrespectful and it’s widespread. Things change over time though. During the latter stages of the Vietnam War I remember substantial portions of crowds at events not standing at all. 

I am annoyed with all the brainwashed patriotism that serves this country badly, and is used to start wars to make presidents popular and kill our kids while making the defense industry money.

I would rather stand and salute Kaepernick and people like him even if i don't agree with them.  Because they represent what America should be.  Not to mention they have big balls.   I mostly stand for the anthem out of peer pressure, i don't want to discuss the issues with morons like @Bob, who have no clue what freedoms are for.

24 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Cool and interesting. Right. 

Not that you would think it was cool or interesting because you’re an old hippie fart that has pinups of Joan Baez and Janis Joplin on your bedroom walls. 😂😂😂 Sexy!! And let’s not forget your Arlo Guthrie and Mama’s and the Papa’s posters. 

No, you don’t want others that aren’t fossils to think anything I post is interesting or cool. Duh. 

What do you call it when an old hippy is pumping gas? 
Fossil Fuels. 🤣🤣

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It is a fact that because his paternal mother was white, and his adopted family was all white, and he didn’t look all that black to many other players, etc. To answer that, he resorted to the 70’s big fro to look more black and to quiet his critics. Those are facts. I think it’s pathetic that there are so many Americans out there that think it’s important to keep track of all that stuff, but that’s the business Colin is in, identity politics.

There's like zero factual substance to the motivations you ascribe to others. You're not a mind reader. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Not that you would think it was cool or interesting because you’re an old hippie fart that has pinups of Joan Baez and Janis Joplin on your bedroom walls. 😂😂😂 Sexy!! And let’s not forget your Arlo Guthrie and Mama’s and the Papa’s posters. 

No, you don’t want others that aren’t fossils to think anything I post is interesting or cool. Duh. 

What do you call it when an old hippy is pumping gas? 
Fossil Fuels. 🤣🤣

Hate to burst your bubble Contard, but I’m actually a recently retired VP of a multinational A/E firm who worked on projects all over the world and served in the Army. Not sure where you got the hippy part. 

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I thought that Colin was trying to give a voice to the people that didn't have a voice, not saying he had it truly bad but that kids(young adults, grown up, whatever, I don't want to get into that verbiage) like the ones shot in Ferguson, Baltimore, and other places do have it bad.  

I think the saddest part of Colin is that his message was forgotten and everything became centered around the flag and whether he was disrespectful.  No one even discusses police brutality anymore when they bring him up.