Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU accepts bowl invitation to Hawaii Bowl (vs MWC)

8 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

What you’re doing is akin to a kid repeating a joke that an older kid said but doesn’t know what it means.  In this case the original kid that made the joke was talking with himself, it had little to do with me.  Repeating it the way you have just makes you look bad.  I mean if it gets the job done for you then by all means, perpetuate your ignorance forward to your hearts’ content.

Dude, I read the thread. It was the BSU/Hawaii game, I think. You claimed that BSU only won the game because of a questionable spot. You went so far as to say that they showed the play in question on SportsCenter and that the announcers said that it was a terrible spot. When several posters called BS because they were watching SportsCenter at the same time, you tried to double down and say that you were watching "East Coast SportsCenter" and that they must not have shown the play on SportsCenter elsewhere in the country. Hence the reason that people always joke about "East Coast SportsCenter" when you make dumb claims on this board, particularly when you double down even after you are proven wrong. (And the only reason I explain this is for the benefit of readers who may not known how the "East Coast SportsCenter" meme originated. Because it is a fantastic meme, and I hope it continues for as long as you post on this board.)

12 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

Dude, I read the thread. It was the BSU/Hawaii game, I think. You claimed that BSU only won the game because of a questionable spot. You went so far as to say that they showed the play in question on SportsCenter and that the announcers said that it was a terrible spot. When several posters called BS because they were watching SportsCenter at the same time, you tried to double down and say that you were watching "East Coast SportsCenter" and that they must not have shown the play on SportsCenter elsewhere in the country. Hence the reason that people always joke about "East Coast SportsCenter" when you make dumb claims on this board, particularly when you double down even after you are proven wrong. (And the only reason I explain this is for the benefit of readers who may not known how the "East Coast SportsCenter" meme originated. Because it is a fantastic meme, and I hope it continues for as long as you post on this board.)

No.  Wrong game.  No I didn’t.  The announcers did question several spots in the actual game, not just one.  I never said BSU wouldn’t have won without X-spots.  I said multiple times in that thread that they played well enough to win the game, you are making literally everything you said up.  I mentioned a game break during an Oakland A’s baseball game, it was a SC gamebreak.  I asked if ESPN played the same thing on east and west coasts late, an innocuous question that one of your guys took the wrong way and here we are.  If you think that’s either hilarious or a meme then whatever I guess, it just makes you look dumb for hitching your wagon to that train wreck.  

Guest #1Stunner

I hope that UCF isn't invited to the Hawaii Bowl.

UCF has terrible fan support.

My guess is that they'd bring at most 200 fans to a December 24 Hawaii Bowl.  No thanks!!!

BYU vs HAWAII would have at least 30,000 fans in attendance---even on December 24.

56 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No.  Wrong game.  No I didn’t.  The announcers did question several spots in the actual game, not just one.  I never said BSU wouldn’t have won without X-spots.  I said multiple times in that thread that they played well enough to win the game, you are making literally everything you said up.  I mentioned a game break during an Oakland A’s baseball game, it was a SC gamebreak.  I asked if ESPN played the same thing on east and west coasts late, an innocuous question that one of your guys took the wrong way and here we are.  If you think that’s either hilarious or a meme then whatever I guess, it just makes you look dumb for hitching your wagon to that train wreck.  

The point remains that you claimed that the announcers on SportsCenter claimed that a particular spot was bad. Multiple posters confirmed that SportsCenter never even showed the play in question, much less questioned the spot. You deserve all the ridicule you have gotten for that particular thread. I think it's especially hilarious that after all this you still want to tell us that you have a "credible source" saying that UCF is going to play a bowl game in Boston that doesn't even exist this season. If you want to make up crazy sh*t and post it on the Internet, do whatever makes you happy. But it's kind of hilarious that you get so butthurt when other posters call you out for your history of posting complete BS.

21 hours ago, RSF said:

I look forward to your next attempt to double down on something you get wrong.  you get a lot of practice.

didnt have to wait long....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

22 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

The point remains that you claimed that the announcers on SportsCenter claimed that a particular spot was bad. Multiple posters confirmed that SportsCenter never even showed the play in question, much less questioned the spot. You deserve all the ridicule you have gotten for that particular thread. I think it's especially hilarious that after all this you still want to tell us that you have a "credible source" saying that UCF is going to play a bowl game in Boston that doesn't even exist this season. If you want to make up crazy sh*t and post it on the Internet, do whatever makes you happy. But it's kind of hilarious that you get so butthurt when other posters call you out for your history of posting complete BS.

There is no point that remains, that’s the problem.  Things happened just as I said. Just because it wasn’t mentioned on sports center later doesn’t negate what happened live.  Beyond all that, out of everything that was said in that thread and the obvious denial some were living in over the home cooking in that game to make a big deal out of something like that is just small time.  Again it doesn’t bother me when bsutop25 does it because it just underscores who he is.  When you do it, it just makes me wonder why you’d want to be associated with that.  It’s just weird.  Also if you are dumbing things down to what I have said as BS, then you haven’t been paying attention. One mustn’t call what they don’t like to hear bs.  

my source information had nothing to do with the Boston bowl, which I am understanding to be a post New Years game.  If it is then it begins this bowl cycle, I may be incorrect in that statement but to conflate different topics is a very RSF thing to do.  Your choice.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I hope that UCF isn't invited to the Hawaii Bowl.

My guess is that they'd bring at most 200 fans to a December 24 Hawaii Bowl.  No thanks!!!

BYU vs HAWAII would have at least 30,000 fans in attendance---even on December 24.

It’s fine if you don’t want to play UCF, you don’t have to make up lies to get the point across. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s fine if you don’t want to play UCF, you don’t have to make up lies to get the point across. 

are you seriously trying to argue that UCF would bring fans to Hawaii for a bowl on December 24?

irony.jpg

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

my source information had nothing to do with the Boston bowl, which I am understanding to be a post New Years game.  If it is then it begins this bowl cycle, I may be incorrect in that statement but to conflate different topics is a very RSF thing to do.  Your choice.

Never said your source had anything to do with the Boston Bowl.  But that's goal-post moving for ya.

And there's more of that doubling down, too.  Put the shovel down.

6 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Can you really blame him? Why would anyone want to face a flash in the pan program like UCF?

On 11/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Last season had 30k tickets sold. That was one of the top if not the largest for the whole season in Aloha.(still low compared to pre-Chow though)

It’s Christmas Eve (not Day) and a lot of local businesses get a bunch of tickets to give out. Would guess BYU-Hawaii would also be doing a promotion on their campus for the game.

BYU-Hawaii's enrollment is only around 3k, so passing out tickets there is not exactly going to fill up the stadium.

9 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

are you seriously trying to argue that UCF would bring fans to Hawaii for a bowl on December 24?

Nevada beat UCF in the Hawaii Bowl years ago. But honestly, I don't think any team will really travel to that game. BYU will definitely create more of a buzz and has more fans on the islands, but only a few die-hards would travel from the mainland. 

Compared to whom exactly?

Did you attend any of the UCF games after the Pitt loss? The student section checked out by the first quarter. UCF is an enormous university centered in a lucrative media market. The weather in Orlando is warm throughout the school year. Their fan support should be off the charts. Instead, UCF couldn't draw 24,000 fans against ECU in 2015 -- even with the AAC's lax counting methods. UCF's fan support is solid when they're playing well, but atrocious when the program faces any sort of adversity.

Against Houston (2015), UCF failed to draw in 30,000 fans. Houston was a ranked opponent. Given UCF's three losses, I can see why the BYU fan would be concerned about attendance.

13 hours ago, Pelado said:

BYU-Hawaii's enrollment is only around 3k, so passing out tickets there is not exactly going to fill up the stadium.

It’s not just the enrollment there though.

there’s a large population in the Laie/Kahuku area that are Mormon. Can’t even by alcohol at the convenient stores there.