Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar King

When is the MWC TV deal going to be announced?

MWC Commish was supposed to announce it already 

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

Fall doesn’t end until December 21 so the announcement was not supposed to be made already.

BYU also hasn’t made an announcement regarding football rights with ESPN after press reports that an announcement was imminent so if you want to know about announcements that were supposed to happen already, start there.

I hope it is t with stadium. I just cancelled slingtv, which have like 4 stadium channels.

was gonna try out YouTube tv, cause I can watch all the ESPN channels, also any MWC teams on nbcsn and cbssn, plus games on fox1/2.

Been was to g to hold off making the move until the new package was announced, but got tired of waiting.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

32 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

Fall doesn’t end until December 21 so the announcement was not supposed to be made already.

BYU also hasn’t made an announcement regarding football rights with ESPN after press reports that an announcement was imminent so if you want to know about announcements that were supposed to happen already, start there.

I believe the first announcements said "early fall". These were made in July or early August on this site by someone quoting the USU AD if I remember correctly. You are correct about BYU  I believe $1 Stunner said by the BYU football day there would be an announcement.  Neither have happened.

The media day was in early fall. 

In both the case of reports about BYU and the MW, it is possible ‘informed speculation’ based on a ‘journalist’ knowing the conferences next presser is scheduled is the only real information that anyone not directly involved has.

Tom Bowen feeding the press off the record about the American’s negotiations was an example of what NOT to do and it speaks highly of the Mountain West that the kind of details leaking regarding AAC negotiations aren’t leaking about MW negotiations.  In retrospect a lot of leaked WAC stories probably were TB when he was at SJSU.

this weekend ESPN has a Mountain West game on Friday and both a window three and a window four game (featuring Boise state) on ESPN2.  I presume that if ESPN is going to increase their offer enough to get exclusivity it would be assessed  this weekend because November college football generally gets the best ratings.

19 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

The media day was in early fall. 

In both the case of reports about BYU and the MW, it is possible ‘informed speculation’ based on a ‘journalist’ knowing the conferences next presser is scheduled is the only real information that anyone not directly involved has.

Tom Bowen feeding the press off the record about the American’s negotiations was an example of what NOT to do and it speaks highly of the Mountain West that the kind of details leaking regarding AAC negotiations aren’t leaking about MW negotiations.  In retrospect a lot of leaked WAC stories probably were TB when he was at SJSU.

this weekend ESPN has a Mountain West game on Friday and both a window three and a window four game (featuring Boise state) on ESPN2.  I presume that if ESPN is going to increase their offer enough to get exclusivity it would be assessed  this weekend because November college football generally gets the best ratings.

News leaked from Bowen/Rudd because they knew the CA/DM was about to hit em with FOIA requests...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

News leaked from Bowen/Rudd because they knew the CA/DM was about to hit em with FOIA requests...

I have no idea about the specifics of Tennessee law but federal FOIA applies to government entities and not state public entities.  Nice try.

Even if that was the case, they would have about six months to respond which is likely when those details are only of historic interest.

30 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

I have no idea about the specifics of Tennessee law but federal FOIA applies to government entities and not state public entities.  Nice try.

Even if that was the case, they would have about six months to respond which is likely when those details are only of historic interest.

https://www.nfoic.org/coalitions/state-foi-resources/tennessee-foia-laws

Tennessee Open Records Act

The Tennessee Open Records Act is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to public records of government bodies at all levels. Records in the possession of public agencies in Tennessee are open to perusal by the public unless they are specifically exempted by statute or case law. Records are defined as any documents, no matter the physical form which are "made or received pursuant to law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by any governmental agency."

Any citizen of Tennessee can request public records and a statement of purpose is not required. The Tennessee Open Records Act does not restrict the use of records and allows seven days to respond to records requests.

the UofM requires Bowen and Rudd to use their University emails for official business...those emails are subject to request.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

22 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I hope it is t with stadium. I just cancelled slingtv, which have like 4 stadium channels.

was gonna try out YouTube tv, cause I can watch all the ESPN channels, also any MWC teams on nbcsn and cbssn, plus games on fox1/2.

Been was to g to hold off making the move until the new package was announced, but got tired of waiting.

I had Sling now with YoutubeTV. I like it much better!

Guest #1Stunner

Don't know about the MWC, but I've heard that Boise and BYU are planning on jointly announcing, since they are both affiliated with ESPN.

Last I heard, Hair was pushing Stadium and Facebook.  Maybe that's changed?

4 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

2 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

You're correct but maybe the Tiger was talking about these guys: https://twitter.com/BowenRudd 

Yay American Athletic Conference! :USFlag:

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

MWC is redshirting it’s TV deal this year for a bigger payday next year 😂😂😂😂

Be careful that it doesnt enter the transfer portal.  TV reception sucks in there.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

22 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

That doesn't mean the state doesn't have its own FOIA laws.

On 11/17/2019 at 12:12 PM, Bruininthebay said:

Every state that I know of has an open records law that mirrors FOIA to a decent degree.