Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Wyoming @ Utah State Game Thread

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

What would you change about the play calling and the offense in general, Poke fans?

There is such an aversion to turnovers that they never want to take chances.  A good example is in OT vs Boise.  3rd and 4 in OT on the road.  Boise had 8 men in the box and they ran a run play that got stuffed believe it or not.  

Their plan was to go to the 2nd OT but Rothe missed the FG.  On the road against a team like Boise you have to go for the win.  You gotta throw the ball on 3rd and 4 and not worry about an int. .

2 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

There is such an aversion to turnovers that they never want to take chances.  A good example is in OT vs Boise.  3rd and 4 in OT on the road.  Boise had 8 men in the box and they ran a run play that got stuffed believe it or not.  

Their plan was to go to the 2nd OT but Rothe missed the FG.  On the road against a team like Boise you have to go for the win.  You gotta throw the ball on 3rd and 4 and not worry about an int. .

Especially when you know your kicker is broken.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

F.uck. Cowboys should have gotten it done. Every loss this year has been absolutely gutting! Gutting I tell you! I can't remember a season where a team has given me so much hope only to have victory snatched away. It's remarkable, really. 

I feel like the Cowboys got beat up and down the field for much of the game, but lo and behold, they were right there ready to win it and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That's the 2019 Wyoming Cowboys. We're not going to go down without a fight, but can't seem to be able to get it done. We need a whole new offense. Just start over with a new coordinator. We'd be +++++ing undefeated with an average offense. I'm not going to lie, the situation of the offense is killing me. 

Wyoming got more +++++ed by the refs than utah state. There was one bad call against utah state, but I felt there were at least four CRITICAL calls that went against the Pokes. Guess that's the treatment you get when you pay your tithing. Amirite

Love is an impressive player for utah state. I bet you're going to suck without him if that other guy is all you have next year.  

You are the best. Thank you. You realize you just complimented a player on USU, don't you? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Your POV is shallow. That's a symptom, not a cause.

Alright, so bigger issue is finding and developing QBs that can run the system and the system itself. I think I get it. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

49 minutes ago, Bob said:

Is there something I said that wasn't true?

You say USU is going to suck next year every year. Eventually you'll be right, but thus far you're 0fer. You want USU to be bad so much, that's what I was more laughing at, because I love your posts about it.