Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Pocahontas is an idiot

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

You still have to meet one of the triggers for it to come into play though. It isn't automatically assessed and there's tons of workarounds to it.

That's absolutely correct. My point is that toolsy claimed that, "there is no large exit tax", when that's actually false. There are certainly workarounds, but that doesn't change the fact that it exists.

24 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That's absolutely correct. My point is that toolsy claimed that, "there is no large exit tax", when that's actually false. There are certainly workarounds, but that doesn't change the fact that it exists.

He's not wrong though. There isn't a large exit tax if you hire the right people, which the people subject to the existing tax, and people subject to a proposed future tax, would have the ability and motivation to do. All this does is ensure people like me have a job.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

He's not wrong though. There isn't a large exit tax if you hire the right people, which the people subject to the existing tax, and people subject to a proposed future tax, would have the ability and motivation to do. All this does is ensure people like me have a job.

None of that changes the fact that it still exists. Hell, the article I quoted and posted even listed some of the workarounds for it. 

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

Oh toolsy, you're wrong as usual. There is an exit tax if you renounce your US Citizenship, which is exactly like what @Akkula said. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2017/02/27/renounce-u-s-heres-how-irs-computes-exit-tax/#2c9b4587287d

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

I am glad I was able to teach @bluerules009 something new today. B)

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

You still have to meet one of the triggers for it to come into play though. It isn't automatically assessed and there's tons of workarounds to it.

How would they ever collect such a thing?  

No one would ever pay that.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

None of that changes the fact that it still exists. Hell, the article I quoted and posted even listed some of the workarounds for it. 

If something is easily bypassed does it really exist?

44 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

How would they ever collect such a thing?  

No one would ever pay that.

Exactly. These guys trying to "be right" or whatever is stupid because even if it statutorily "exists", nobody pays it and everybody who wants to get around it does, via proper planning and other techniques.

It's probably almost as impossible to collect on as the "unrealized capital gains tax" the Dems are pushing or any other of their hare-brained schemes they've cooked up over the last few months would be.

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

Lots of easy ways around it.   Perhaps the tax on deferred gains only kicks in above a certain income level.   Perhaps you just calculate the tax every year but certain low wealth taxpayers can defer payment.  People are sick of this new gilded age so that is why proposals that level the playing field like the wealth tax are so popular. 

The other reason this is so stupid is that it really does not increase revenue for the government over the long haul....stocks eventually get sold.  It will probably decrease the take from capital gains taxes from the market.  Like most dopey Democrats, Warren probably thinks the economic pie is fixed.  You can implement some stupid tax that makes you popular with the ignorant and everyone will just keep doing exactly what they were doing before in the same amounts.

7 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

He is wrong.   If you have over 2 million in assets it WILL apply.   Look up "covered expatriate."  Nobody can get you out of it.   There only people who get out are people with low assets and taxes due every year. 

Posted Image

8 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

If something is easily bypassed does it really exist?

It’s dangerous, reckless, and illegal to exceed the speed limit on roads and streets. That’s why nobody ever does it.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

He is wrong.   If you have over 2 million in assets it WILL apply.   Look up "covered expatriate."  Nobody can get you out of it.   There only people who get out are people with low assets and taxes due every year. 

LOL. Yeah. That must be why it's such a huge revenue generator.

No wonder you are a communist. You are as naive as you are dumb.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s dangerous, reckless, and illegal to exceed the speed limit on roads and streets. That’s why nobody ever does it.

Exactly.

Must also be why nobody uses illegal drugs or drinks and drives.

19 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Exactly.

Must also be why nobody uses illegal drugs or drinks and drives.

I know a few expats that have renounced their citizenship. None of them seemed to be financially broken by it. In fact, none of them ever brought it up or have been banned from entering the US. So while their is a law on the books, it’s probably not as much as a barrier as the commie would like to suggest. 

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I know a few expats that have renounced their citizenship. None of them seemed to be financially broken by it. In fact, none of them ever brought it up or have been banned from entering the US. So while their is a law on the books, it’s probably not as much as a barrier as the commie would like to suggest. 

Exactly. It might technically exist as a provision but if nobody pays it and the people who would otherwise be subject to it have easy workarounds and good planning to get by it, and almost-universally do...does it really exist?

aKKKula seems to be suggesting that the statute is an edict which has the power of the word of God or something rather than simply being some sort of obscure statute that nobody pays attention to.

13 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Exactly. It might technically exist as a provision but if nobody pays it and the people who would otherwise be subject to it have easy workarounds and good planning to get by it, does it really exist?

aKKKula seems to be suggesting that the statute is an edict which has the power of the word of God or something rather than simply being some sort of obscure statute that nobody pays attention to.

I mean, the guy would love to work with @Rocket, @Orange, Roscoesdad and Comrade fan to turn the US into a walled-in North Korean style regime with no private gun ownership, no free speech or expression, no individual rights, no due process, no checks and balances, no private property, no free enterprise, and no escape ... but with “free” healthcare and college.