Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Steelers vs Browns Fight...

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Not gonna lie I would gladly take a punch from an NBA player for the 1 million (or so) that they probably got from the player in the civil lawsuit lol

The one guy who Artest went after got a pretty good payout. The Piston fan who confronted him on the court didn't get squat because he approached him arms down, face presented, like what every good armchair idiot fan does. 😂

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

46 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Here's the actual fight.

Thanks.

Six game suspension for tearing off a guy's helmet and hitting him over the head with it? You must be kidding. Remainder of the year and a stiff fine at a minimum.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Thanks.

Six game suspension for tearing off a guy's helmet and hitting him over the head with it? You must be kidding. Remainder of the year and a stiff fine at a minimum.

Um, the remainder of the year is 6 games, unless the Browns make the playoffs.  Which Garrett would also miss.  And league left it open ended.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

Um, the remainder of the year is 6 games, unless the Browns make the playoffs.  Which Garrett would also miss.  And league left it open ended.

Thanks for that. Shows how much I follow the NFL these days.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think Rudolph should be suspended for at least one game. He grabbed for the helmet first then went back for round two after his helmet was already off. No way he should get off without some sort of punishment. Garrett is ultimately the one responsible though because he completely wrapped himself around Rudolph as he went to the ground and put his full body weight on him which is a penalty in of itself. Rudolph got frustrated and grabbed for the helmet which he shouldn't have done, but Garrett escalated it. This is yet another bad look for the NFL on it's centennial season. Kitchens needs to be shown the door, he has no business being a head coach. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

5 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

This is yet another bad look for the NFL on it's bicentennial season. 

Er....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I think Rudolph should be suspended for at least one game. He grabbed for the helmet first then went back for round two after his helmet was already off. No way he should get off without some sort of punishment. Garrett is ultimately the one responsible though because he completely wrapped himself around Rudolph as he went to the ground and put his full body weight on him which is a penalty in of itself. Rudolph got frustrated and grabbed for the helmet which he shouldn't have done, but Garrett escalated it. This is yet another bad look for the NFL on it's bicentennial season. Kitchens needs to be shown the door, he has no business being a head coach. 

I agree that Rudolph was not blameless in this, he tried try to pull off Garrett's helmet first which is why Garrett pulled his off in return.  Obviously, no excuse for Garrett trying to club Rudolph with a helmet, but I feel like Rudolph should at least have some type of punishment, maybe at least a fine.  The whole thing was stupid. 

12 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Myles Garrett hitting Rudolph over the head with the helmet warrants a lifetime ban in my opinion. If he hit him hard enough it could kill him. The punching and kicking on the ground should be season ending suspension with heavy fine.  

I think it's ironic about people demanding that Garrett gets a lifetime ban...considering their same team has a guy who beat the hell out of some woman last year, and there was a rapist on the other sidelines who are still allowed to play. Not to mention they play against Joe Mixon and all of his baggage.  

I'd probably suspend him the rest of the season, but not for life. 

23 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I think Rudolph should be suspended for at least one game. He grabbed for the helmet first then went back for round two after his helmet was already off. No way he should get off without some sort of punishment. Garrett is ultimately the one responsible though because he completely wrapped himself around Rudolph as he went to the ground and put his full body weight on him which is a penalty in of itself. Rudolph got frustrated and grabbed for the helmet which he shouldn't have done, but Garrett escalated it. This is yet another bad look for the NFL on it's bicentennial season. Kitchens needs to be shown the door, he has no business being a head coach. 

I know Brady's no spring chicken, but I had no idea the Patriots were the original football team...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

Garrett's weight wasn't on Rudolph when they went down--they landed beside each other.  Garrett deserves what he got but Rudolph should be punished as well. 

The suspensions are done.  There are fines to come.  Rudolph told ESPN he is expecting to be fined.

1 hour ago, AG Blue said:

I agree that Rudolph was not blameless in this, he tried try to pull off Garrett's helmet first which is why Garrett pulled his off in return.  Obviously, no excuse for Garrett trying to club Rudolph with a helmet, but I feel like Rudolph should at least have some type of punishment, maybe at least a fine.  The whole thing was stupid. 

He didn't try he DID club Rudolph (in the freakin head) with the helmet. But yes Rudolph should get some sort of fine at the very least. 

I agree with the suspensions only that Ogunjobi should have been suspended for two games so he is not around for the Browns/Steelers next game. Rudolph should get a fine but not severe. The Rooneys should pay Pouncey's (and DeCastro if he's fined) fine IMO for defending their QB.

15 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

...your thoughts?

After last night, both the Browns and Steelers started looking to BYU for future draft prospects. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Those stating Rudolph should get suspended for games.....lol

Ask yourself this; would his actions-grabbing at the helmet of a guy on top of him-get him suspended/kicked out of a game even, had it ended there? Hell naw.

He may have provoked Garrett, but that dude’s rage manifested in a street fight, thuggish type of way that gets you an ADW charge in the street. Both he and Rudolph are lucky it was just glancing. But suspend the QB because dude lost it as bad as we’ve seen in forever in the game? Think again. He got fined-that’s appropriate.

Now had you said he should be suspended for excessive terrible QBing, im wit u

8 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Those stating Rudolph should get suspended for games.....lol

Ask yourself this; would his actions-grabbing at the helmet of a guy on top of him-get him suspended/kicked out of a game even? Hell naw.

He may have provoked Garrett, but that dude’s rage manifested in a street fight, thuggish type of way that gets you an ADW charge in the street. Both he and Rudolph are lucky it was just glancing. But suspend the QB because dude lost it as bad as we’ve seen in forever in the game? Think again. He got fined-that’s enough.

Now had you said he should be suspended for excessive terrible QBing, im wit u

Let me turn this around on you; would Ogunjobi get suspended a full game for shoving a player? Hell naw. 

This incident is unprecedented as far as I know.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok