Ibanez

MWC hoops scores for tonight.

Wyo, CSU, New Mexico, SDSU fans -  There were basketball games on tonight and not one thread. Seriously?

Wyoming lost to Fullerton 60-53

CSU beat Omaha 80-65

New Mexico beat Green Bay 93-78

SDSU up on Grand Canyon...

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Wyo, CSU, New Mexico, SDSU fans -  There were basketball games on tonight and not one thread. Seriously?

Wyoming lost to Fullerton 60-53

CSU beat Omaha 80-65

New Mexico beat Green Bay 93-78

SDSU up on Grand Canyon...

It's early in the season.

Meanwhile after waiting two years to get on the court Jaquan Lyle who lead the Lobos in assists the first two games, lit up the scoreboard tonight with 31 points, going perfect from the line and hitting 5 three-pointers. 

4 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Good job pokes

Think thats bad, UConn got hammered by St.Joe's and USF got beat by a bunch of letters. (IUPUI) And USF was supposed to be a contender.

There's little reason to watch let alone post about Cowboy basketball these days.  Cowgirl volleyball and Cowboy wrestling are the only other UW sports besides football I'm following at this point.  There's just not enough hours in the week to spend my time watching the train wreck that is Cowboy basketball.

• Like 2

Aztecs beat Grand Canyon 86-61. Good to get that monkey off their back.

Nathan Mensah was named player of the game. Had 14 points on 7-8 shooting. Six dunks.

Can’t remember an Aztec lineup that has changed this much from one year to the next. Had to watch on Facebook but was an ok feed. 

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Aztecs beat Grand Canyon 86-61. Good to get that monkey off their back.

Nathan Mensah was named player of the game. Had 14 points on 7-8 shooting. Six dunks.

Can’t remember an Aztec lineup that has changed this much from one year to the next. Had to watch on Facebook but was an ok feed. 

I had to restart it a few times. But other than that I didn't have much problems.

This Aztecs team has the usual amount of athleticism but Wetzel the Vandy transfer is a bit better than I expected and Nathan Mensah continues to improve so we have two quality bigs AND we have some shooters for a change. Shakel, Flynn and Feagin can all shoot from behind the arc and Mitchell still has a good jumper. It's so early that I'm wary of making overly optimistic predictions but I think we're going to be very tough in conference this year.

• Like 3

Lobos seemed to have coasted against Wisconsin-Green Bay in a 93-78 win; looked good at times, but careless with the basketball and defense seemed to be optional at times. Should have won by 25+ IMO.

Overall, another game in the 90’s for the Lobos. McNeese State on Saturday at the Pit and then things get more interesting with a road trip to UTEP and NMSU followed by the Legends Classic in Brooklyn against Auburn (for sure). 

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

SDSU beat the Antelope 86-61. Good win.

San Diego State is looking very good but I wouldn’t characterize a win over Grand Canyon as a good win. This isn’t a typical GCU team. Their leading scorer tonight was Lorenzo Jenkins, a graduate transfer from CSU, who couldn’t get on the floor after the first few games last year for the Rams. GCU is closer to an SJSU this season.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

This Aztecs team has the usual amount of athleticism but Wetzel the Vandy transfer is a bit better than I expected and Nathan Mensah continues to improve so we have two quality bigs AND we have some shooters for a change. Shakel, Flynn and Feagin can all shoot from behind the arc and Mitchell still has a good jumper. It's so early that I'm wary of making overly optimistic predictions but I think we're going to be very tough in conference this year.

I would agree with your take. I thought the Aztecs might start a little slow in the OOC but they look to have hit the ground running. I think it’ll be a 3-team race with USU, SDSU, and UNM.

• Like 1

CSU was pretty good today against a very middling Omaha team. winning 80-65.  Rams started slow but got their nose in front to end the first half, then opened the second half with a 16-2 run. Nico Carvacho had one of those games today against a decent big from Omaha.  21 points, 19 rebounds, and 5 assists. 50 of CSU’s points tonight came from freshmen and sophomores.

13 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

San Diego State is looking very good but I wouldn’t characterize a win over Grand Canyon as a good win. This isn’t a typical GCU team. Their leading scorer tonight was Lorenzo Jenkins, a graduate transfer from CSU, who couldn’t get on the floor after the first few games last year for the Rams. GCU is closer to an SJSU this season.

Grand Canyon lost by 12 to illinois, they lost to a D2 but that was probably a outlier. They aren't a top 100 team but also aren't swac caliber. Beating a mediocre team by 25 is impressive. San Diego State's ball and player movement looks a lot better so far this year but we will see how it fares against better competition and later in the year 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

There's little reason to watch let alone post about Cowboy basketball these days.  Cowgirl volleyball and Cowboy wrestling are the only other UW sports besides football I'm following at this point.  There's just not enough hours in the week to spend my time watching the train wreck that is Cowboy basketball.

Its not that Fullerton is a bad team. Its just that this was the type of game you could always count on Wyoming winning at home in the OOC.  With Edwards at the half there’s no such thing as a gimme on the schedule. I feel for WYO fans. Even in the dark Schroyer years they didnt lose these games.

UNM has a ton of athleticism this year. Still lazy in transition and overall perimeter defense, but overall this a dangerous team offensively. Lyle was an absolute monster tonight, Maluach is playing much more aggressively, and Bragg looks like he dropped about 25 pounds. Going to be interesting to see what happens when the competition increases. NMSU is really solid this year, UTEP should be much improved too. Both good early season tests. Looking forward to Auburn and possibly Wisconsin after that.  

38 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Its not that Fullerton is a bad team. Its just that this was the type of game you could always count on Wyoming winning at home in the OOC.  With Edwards at the half there’s no such thing as a gimme on the schedule. I feel for WYO fans. Even in the dark Schroyer years they didnt lose these games.

Fullerton lost 50% of their scoring from last year.  This was a bad loss.

9 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Fullerton lost 50% of their scoring from last year.  This was a bad loss.

7200 didn't seem to faze them. I try to watch all MW games, and I must admit, they look worse than SJSU and Sparty looked like their typical no different than last year bad the other night.