Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

Ex-Houston Astro pitcher says they cheated

I doubt MLB will do much beyond fining the Astros if proven guilty. But being a Dodgers fan myself, I can't help but wonder if the Astros did cheat and was it the deciding factor that won the World Series for them in 2017? Afterall, the series did go a full seven games that year. We'll probably never really know. :shrug:

3 hours ago, crixus said:

I doubt MLB will do much beyond fining the Astros if proven guilty. But being a Dodgers fan myself, I can't help but wonder if the Astros did cheat and was it the deciding factor that won the the World Series for them in 2017? Afterall, the series did go a full seven games that year. We'll probably never really know. :shrug:

I'd be shocked if they did anything serious to the Astros for this. Shit, all the Cardinals got was a slap on the wrist after a member of their front office was indicted, arrested, and pled guilty to hacking the Astros scouting department.

In the immortal words of Billie Eilish...

Duh.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I agree that nothing will be done about this other than maybe a fine. This is a can of worms they don't want to open. Let's say they do decide to punish severely and give the Dodgers the WS title like how the Olympic does, then the Panthers, Eagles, & Rams are going to want their SB titles from Spygate and whatever other team that has been cheated in a final(s).

5 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I agree that nothing will be done about this other than maybe a fine. This is a can of worms they don't want to open. Let's say they do decide to punish severely and give the Dodgers the WS title like how the Olympic does, then the Panthers, Eagles, & Rams are going to want their SB titles from Spygate and whatever other team that has been cheated in a final(s).

I saw on ESPN today that the Astros said they're going to investigate this claim themselves. Meanwhile, both the Yankees and the Dodgers accused them of cheating back in 2017. Investigate themselves...ya' right. :rolleyes:

Image result for Paul Blart .gif

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28078579/sources-mlb-contacts-astros-red-sox-sign-stealing-investigation-expands

MLB investigating the Astros AND RED SOX for stealing signs.

@crixus @jdgaucho

I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever been this mad as a sports fan.... We got effing robbed. 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28078579/sources-mlb-contacts-astros-red-sox-sign-stealing-investigation-expands

MLB investigating the Astros AND RED SOX for stealing signs.

@crixus @jdgaucho

I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever been this mad as a sports fan.... We got effing robbed. 

Did stealing signs cause Darvish to be rocked twice?  Or Kershaw in game 5?  The only pitcher the Astros didn't get to was Alex Wood :shrug:

On 11/13/2019 at 4:09 AM, retrofade said:

I'd be shocked if they did anything serious to the Astros for this. Shit, all the Cardinals got was a slap on the wrist after a member of their front office was indicted, arrested, and pled guilty to hacking the Astros scouting department.

The Astros already suffered the fate of being the first team to win all their road games in a WS - and still lose the Series.

A second, former player, comes out today to corroborate the cheating?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

I don’t see a problem with learning the other signs.  Part of the game.   
Even if you knew the signs, you still have to be able stop the play or hit ball.  

It's a huge advantage, once at the end of a football game I overheard the QB tell the center the snapcount. Well I got back to back sacks which made them use their final time outs and then I pressured the QB into rushed throws to end the game all because I knew the other teams signs. I had zero sacks or pressures prior to that last series. I get that you still have to outperform but it sure is easier when you have knowlwdge of what's coming.

4 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

I don’t see a problem with learning the other signs.  Part of the game.   
Even if you knew the signs, you still have to be able stop the play or hit ball.  

It is part of the game if your player picks them up on 2nd base.  Not so much when you use video technology