Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridgeview2

Disney+ (Mandalorian & Clone Wars Thread)

I’m really enjoying the Mandalorian as well.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m really enjoying the Mandalorian as well.  

I don't know why... it's completely boring and cliched with literally zero original material, it just takes tropes from previous Star Wars movies, wait no, I meant things from all of cinema and puts them in the Star Wars universe. You're such a +++++ing fanboy.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I don't know why... it's completely boring and cliched with literally zero original material, it just takes tropes from previous Star Wars movies, wait no, I meant things from all of cinema and puts them in the Star Wars universe. You're such a +++++ing fanboy.

Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by melbduran

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by melbduran

Even that? I mean, come on... a "child" that's 50 years old and who looks like a beloved character from the original trilogy? So many other shows and movies have done similar things in the past. It's a comic book trope and Disney should be bgetter than that and create an actual engaging story instead of just going back to things that have been overdone forever! If you weren't such a dumb Star Wars fanboy, you'd understand that. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Even that? I mean, come on... a "child" that's 50 years old and who looks like a beloved character from the original trilogy? So many other shows and movies have done similar things in the past. It's a comic book trope and Disney should be bgetter than that and create an actual engaging story instead of just going back to things that have been overdone forever! If you weren't such a dumb Star Wars fanboy, you'd understand that. 

Rent free. 

I think the best thing about Disney+ is that I can go back and finally watch all of the old moves from the 50's-60's like 20k Leagues Under the Sea, Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier, Treasure Island, and the Swiss Family Robinson . My mom grew up watching those movies, but I've never had the chance to see them until now.    

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

53 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I think the best thing about Disney+ is that I can go back and finally watch all of the old moves from the 50's-60's like 20k Leagues Under the Sea, Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier, Treasure Island, and the Swiss Family Robinson . My mom grew up watching those movies, but I've never had the chance to see them until now.    

I'm pissed that Kidnapped is not on there. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

It might pop up later, they are adding content almost daily. 

Here's a look at what's coming next month... though Kidnapped doesn't look to be one of them.

https://www.cnet.com/news/every-new-movie-and-show-coming-to-disney-plus-in-december/

Been watching (first 4 episodes), and I am a bit unclear of the timeline. 

Is this before New Hope, after Last Jedi, somewhere in between?

Is the baby actually Yoda, or just a member of his species?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

13 minutes ago, Mano said:

Been watching (first 4 episodes), and I am a bit unclear of the timeline. 

Is this before New Hope, after Last Jedi, somewhere in between?

Is the baby actually Yoda, or just a member of his species?

The Mandalorian is set five years after the Empire fell in the aftermath of what happened in Return of the Jedi... so around 9 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin) or so. 

We're under the impression that The Child/Baby Yoda is another member of Yoda's race, as they're 50 years old, and Yoda's death took place in 4ABY. Baby Yoda's birth would likely be somewhere in the neighborhood of 41 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin), which interestingly enough would put it right around the same time that Anakin/Vader was born. A possibility potentially exists that Baby Yoda is the child of Yoda and Yaddle, who we saw in The Phantom Menace, but we just don't know.

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The Mandalorian is set five years after the Empire fell in the aftermath of what happened in Return of the Jedi... so around 9 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin) or so. 

We're under the impression that The Child/Baby Yoda is another member of Yoda's race, as they're 50 years old, and Yoda's death took place in 4ABY. Baby Yoda's birth would likely be somewhere in the neighborhood of 41 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin), which interestingly enough would put it right around the same time that Anakin/Vader was born. A possibility potentially exists that Baby Yoda is the child of Yoda and Yaddle, who we saw in The Phantom Menace, but we just don't know.

You have way too much time vested in Star Wars. 

On 12/7/2019 at 10:08 AM, toonkee said:

Mandalorian is okay. It's fine. 

The first 3 episodes were top notch, but I wasn't really impressed with the last 2. Episode 4 felt forced with the love interest coming on really strong for no real reason and Episode 5 felt like a sidequest that served no purpose. Here's hoping that the final 3 episodes have some actual meaning. Baby Yoda is cute and all, but he's served no purpose since episode 2. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

The first 3 episodes were top notch, but I wasn't really impressed with the last 2. Episode 4 felt forced with the love interest coming on really strong for no real reason and Episode 5 felt like a sidequest that served no purpose. Here's hoping that the final 3 episodes have some actual meaning. Baby Yoda is cute and all, but he's served no purpose since episode 2. 

The Tea GIF by moodman

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I actually really liked the last two episodes specifically because they were "side quests". Not everything needs to be completely serial, and I think that the last part of the last episode introduces the character that will be the antagonist for the last three episodes. 

That all being said, I am disappointed that it looks as though Ming-Na Wen is one and done... I love her in Agents of SHIELD, so I was hoping she'd have more of an impact.