Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Eating while black is illegal in California

the officer literally says it’s illegal to eat on Bart and worthy of arrest.  Give me a phucking break.  Don’t they have anything better to do?  Phucking California. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Good to see they're chasing the real criminals there.

What a menace.

I wonder if was one of those Popeyes sandwiches that people are killing over. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

And they’re selling food at the station.  Hey buy this sandwich but don’t eat it.  At all.  Ever!  

Just now, mugtang said:

I wonder if was one of those Popeyes sandwiches that people are killing over. 

Could be. Amazing how violent that whole thing has gotten.

That said, it's pretty unbelievable that BART Cops would be wasting their limited resources on dudes like this when there's all sorts of serious crime going on systemwide throughout the day. Teenagers beat and rob old people in broad daylight and god knows what else goes on, but hey, this dude had a sandwich. He needs to feel the wrath.

At least they didn't shoot him to death though. They're good for doing that at least once a year or so. So at least he has that going for him.

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

And they’re selling food at the station.  Hey buy this sandwich but don’t eat it.  At all.  Ever!  

That station is in Walnut Creek. He was probably the only black dude within about a 20 mile radius and made the local whitebread community nervous with his presence.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That station is in Walnut Creek. He was probably the only black dude within about a 20 mile radius and made the local whitebread community nervous with his presence.

I do think this is the best response though to this stupidity. 

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He's kind of right.

He’s 100% right.  Obviously the cop had discretion here and I believe he’s in the wrong considering it’s not really enforced.  But just take that stupid law off the books. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He’s 100% right.  Obviously the cop had discretion here and I believe he’s in the wrong considering it’s not really enforced.  But just take that stupid law off the books. 

Oh no, I totally agree. The same limousine liberal who bitch loudly about police brutality i are also the same people pushing for frivolous laws banning all sorts of things that create situations where people get caught in unfortunate predicaments. Look at the quasi-criminalization of tobacco for instance. It always boggles my mind that it's more socially acceptable to shit on the street in San Francisco than it is to smoke a cigarette, but that's the world we live in I guess.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Oh no, I totally agree. The same limousine liberal who bitch loudly about police brutality i are also the same people pushing for frivolous laws banning all sorts of things that create situations where people get caught in unfortunate predicaments. Look at the quasi-criminalization of tobacco for instance. It always boggles my mind that it's more socially acceptable to shit on the street in San Francisco than it is to smoke a cigarette, but that's the world we live in I guess.

Or do (insert whatever drug you want here) on the streets.  But light a cigarette and you’re the anti-Christ. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Or do (insert whatever drug you want here) on the streets.  But light a cigarette and you’re the anti-Christ. 

Yeah. It's crazy.

I just wonder where it all ends up. It feels like what I imagine New York City in the 70s was like....obviously I wasn't alive in the 70s but I've listened to a bunch of Lou Reed albums so I kind of get the general idea. But the social fabric is decaying and nobody seems to want to do anything about it; it's like one giant collective "let's all plug our ears, close our eyes and scream really loud and pretend nothing is going on at all around us" by all the powerbrokers there, and even the citizens are seemlngly so addicted to smartphones that they've become more or less oblivious to the disaster in the streets.

Even shit like this video is evidence of it. All these cops are hyper jumpy for whatever reason, especially in places like that, as a result of hearing exaggerated horror stories and increasingly things like this happen. It's a disturbing set of affairs.

This is the same department where the cop shot the black dude laying on his stomach and handcuffed on a platform in Oakland about 10 years ago. The officer’s excuse was that he thought he had his taser in his hand. Why he needs to taser the guy was a mystery based on the video. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

15 minutes ago, Rocket said:

So we're to believe right wingers care about black and brown people?

:facepalm:

L.O.L.

Are you "Brown"?  Well, I am and it's people like you that have the audacity to tell me what I should be offended by that is irritating. I think us downtrodden can think well enough to figure out what to be offended by. Thank you for your concern.