Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Fire Harsin

6 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Isn’t the same thing going on with SDSU? The Aztecs are still in first place and control their own destiny as far as winning the MW west title, but the SDSU fans are still calling for Rocky/Hortons head. 

We are screaming for Hortons ass. Not Rocky.

Three straight seasons we have come out of the gate strong. Three straight seasons they have wasted those strong starts.

The decline is about O-line play, play calling and scheme. That's on the O-line coach, Mike Schmidt, for not recruiting and developing better players. And Jeff Horton for not changing the scheme or play calling.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We improved greatly throughout the 2014 and 2017 seasons and to a lesser extent last season.  In that 2018 season we had the injury bug hit in a way I have not seen at Boise since we joined the WAC, and still finished in the top 25.

If we finish with 1-2 losses, win the conference and have a top 25 ranking at the end of the season, while starting True Freshmen at QB and RB it will be hard to call this season anything other than a great success.  If we lose the MWCCG or fail to make it, which we may, the story obviously changes.

Both the offense and defense are loaded with young talent for years to come from the last few recruiting classes, this was always a rebuilding year.

I like Harsin, he is the perfect coach for BSU. The fans should lay off and allow him to continue his exceptional work. 

Harson is an under performing coach and that is proven by his winning percentage.

Not to mention he loses to bad teams all the time.  His good wins don't make up for losing to Wyoming or New Mexico or Air Force or Utah State.  Not to mention BYU this year.

Good coaches beat the teams that they should beat and then win a few others.  Harsin has coached BSU to losses against teams that should be outmatched by BSU every year he has been here.   That is not good coaching.

Just because bad coaches at BSU having winning records doesn't make them good.

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

We’re gonna go 10-3/11-2 every year under Harsin.. And I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I guess I could sum up my feelings about Harsin with:

1. Love his recruiting prowess 

2. Appreciate his love for the school, program, and community 

3. Annoyed by his clear and noticeable annoyance at the press and fan criticism 

4. Frustrated at how the team always has at minimum two WTF games per season where they are completely unprepared and lack motivation .... losing to Oklahoma State, SDSU, or a Fresno State is acceptable but getting your shit pushed in by a mediocre sub .500 BYU team or at home to New Mexico is serious WTF material

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

The O-line coach is straight up garbage. How many whiffs by the right guard are we going to watch before he changes something? My complaint with Harsin is his refusal to remove(not just reassign) under performing assistant coaches. Riddle and Bedell are just awful, fire them and bring in some fresh new ideas from outside the program and outside Harsin's coaching circle.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

1 minute ago, teappotts said:

The O-line coach is straight up garbage. How many whiffs by the right guard are we going to watch before he changes something? My complaint with Harsin is his refusal to remove(not just reassign) under performing assistant coaches. Riddle and Bedell are just awful, fire them and bring in some fresh new ideas from outside the program and outside Harsin's coaching circle.

Can you imagine what Larson, Cleveland, Quevedo, and Ojukwu would have developed into under a coach like Sean Kugler?!?!

16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Can you imagine what Larson, Cleveland, Quevedo, and Ojukwu would have developed into under a coach like Sean Kugler?!?!

I just don't understand what they are seeing on tape to keep throwing the kid out there? Can the backup really be that much worse? 

I can't figure out how to add a video from the twitters but the link shows the futility of our right guard. This is happening multiple times every game. It's maddening.

https://twitter.com/justinbkay/status/1193583160228864000

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 

8 minutes ago, teappotts said:

I just don't understand what they are seeing on tape to keep throwing the kid out there? Can the backup really be that much worse? 

https://twitter.com/justinbkay/status/1193583160228864000

Quevedo has the physical ability to perform at a high level but his inability to to react or adjust to what the DL across the LOS from him is doing is glaring. He was even worse when lined up at tackle. 

buster keaton fence GIF by Maudit

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Quevedo has the physical ability to perform at a high level but his inability to to react or adjust to what the DL across the LOS from him is doing is glaring. He was even worse when lined up at tackle. 

He's a swinging gate as far as I'm concerned.

Boise State fans (and I'm one of them, albeit with slightly more realistic expectations!) seem to believe that continued straight line growth over years and years and years in college football is normal.

Look, like every team ever, Boise State reached a peak.  It was obviously in the Kellen Moore/Chris Petersen era.  50 wins and 3 losses (by a combined 5 points) for Kellen Moore's class.  A class that saw 6 defensive linemen go to NFL camps.  NFL RB's and Olinemen.  

Boise State's pinnacle was exceptionally high for any team and almost impossibly high for a non-P5 team.  From there it has gone down slightly and been a little inconsistent but still at a very high level.

Careful what you demand...as Boise State fans, we've had one of the most unique, unreal experiences of any college football fan ever.

2 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Boise State fans (and I'm one of them, albeit with slightly more realistic expectations!) seem to believe that continued straight line growth over years and years and years in college football is normal.

Look, like every team ever, Boise State reached a peak.  It was obviously in the Kellen Moore/Chris Petersen era.  50 wins and 3 losses (by a combined 5 points) for Kellen Moore's class.  A class that saw 6 defensive linemen go to NFL camps.  NFL RB's and Olinemen.  

Boise State's pinnacle was exceptionally high for any team and almost impossibly high for a non-P5 team.  From there it has gone down slightly and been a little inconsistent but still at a very high level.

Careful what you demand...as Boise State fans, we've had one of the most unique, unreal experiences of any college football fan ever.

Is it too much to demand a competent o-line coach or a less than abysmal punter? How about a right guard that actually blocks defenders?

Wow.

You guys are acting like you lost to the Cowpokes.

Just be glad Bob Davie is not your coach.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

8-1 with a win over a "name only" P5 program.  Yes, it's too much! :ph34r:

I don't care what our record is, the 0-line coach is a annual fail. He's awful and he needs to be replaced.

I am perfectly fine with Harsin, and I will never besmirch a man who delivers 10.3 wins per year, on average.  Of course, there are things that need to be cleaned up, and I think OL Coach Bedell is a serious liability, but fire Harsin?  C'mon now.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

10 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I am perfectly fine with Harsin, and I will never besmirch a man who delivers 10.3 wins per year, on average.  Of course, there are things that need to be cleaned up, and I think OL Coach Bedell is a serious liability, but fire Harsin?  C'mon now.

I've never advocated for firing Harsin. He's an excellent recruiter an above average coach and he cares about this city and the program. However, he holds on to under performing assistants way too long. Riddle should have been let go a long time ago, and Bedell is straight up terrible. I'm not really sold on the OC either but how can we tell with the o-line just letting defenders by with little to no resistance. It starts up front and Wyoming straight up embarrassed the o-line Saturday night. I'll take Wyomings o-line over ours right now and it's not even close. They were physical and they got good push most of the game. We won despite our o-line not because, and they will probably lose us one more game at least before this season is over. They are a glaring weakness and they are not getting better as the season goes on.

8 minutes ago, teappotts said:

I've never advocated for firing Harsin. He's an excellent recruiter an above average coach and he cares about this city and the program. However, he holds on to under performing assistants way too long. Riddle should have been let go a long time ago, and Bedell is straight up terrible. I'm not really sold on the OC either but how can we tell with the o-line just letting defenders by with little to no resistance. It starts up front and Wyoming straight up embarrassed the o-line Saturday night. I'll take Wyomings o-line over ours right now and it's not even close. They were physical and they got good push most of the game. We won despite our o-line not because, and they will probably lose us one more game at least before this season is over. They are a glaring weakness and they are not getting better as the season goes on.

I will agree that Harsin, and even Coach Pete were quite long-suffering in their approach with assistant coaches.  I don't think Hill is bad, I really think it does not matter which play you call if the OL cannot protect, and execute so the play can develop.  Most everything hinges on the OL, which makes holding on to Bedell such a liability for this team's success.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.