Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Fire Harsin

I just don't get the Harsin haters. You guys will win the MW. Again. And you still have a shot at the NY6 berth.

Obviously, you haters felt like you could spend ten years here. Win 10 conference titles and move up to the Big XII.

I have a clue for you :

MWC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WAC

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

I just don't get the Harsin haters. You guys will win the MW. Again. And you still have a shot at the NY6 berth.

Obviously, you haters felt like you could spend ten years here. Win 10 conference titles and move up to the Big XII.

I have a clue for you :

They miss the days when every game would be over by halftime. Now they have to sit and freeze their asses off all 4 quarters before they win. 🙄

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

26 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

They miss the days when every game would be over by halftime. Now they have to sit and freeze their asses off all 4 quarters before they win. 🙄

Funny thing is, in those days, everyone would complain about how we had no competion, the games were boring, etc. Now that we're in a better conference, having closer games, they complain that we're not good enough. At least some fans.

Harsin does things that frustrate me, but I'm sure as hell not going to complain about an 8-1 record and a legit shot at wining the conference.

3 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Funny thing is, in those days, everyone would complain about how we had no competion, the games were boring, etc. Now that we're in a better conference, having closer games, they complain that we're not good enough. At least some fans.

Harsin does things that frustrate me, but I'm sure as hell not going to complain about an 8-1 record and a legit shot at wining the conference.

Bullshit. We can have our cake and eat it too. Win the conference and #fireharsin!!!!

;) 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

57 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Harsin has taken bsu to 1 big bowl in his first year with Pete’s players. It’s been what six seven years since then.  Beating wyo at home in ot is just not good enough. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

The big problem for most Boise State fans is not the wins—those are great.  It’s the way we are winning. We play boring football and we play it badly.  We struggle horribly on one side or the other of the ball in every game and there is no improvement over the course of the season.  

I’ve been saying for years that Harsin is a mediocre coach. He will always be mediocre and the team will always be mediocre under him.    

Unfortunately, I, and a lot of other fans are losing our passion for Boise football because of it.  Last night at the end of the game and in overtime, I didn’t even feel nervous or stressed out at all. I was resigned to whatever happened. That is a sad way to be.

2 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

The big problem for most Boise State fans is not the wins—those are great.  It’s the way we are winning. We play boring football and we play it badly.  We struggle horribly on one side or the other of the ball in every game and there is no improvement over the course of the season.  

I’ve been saying for years that Harsin is a mediocre coach. He will always be mediocre and the team will always be mediocre under him.    

Unfortunately, I, and a lot of other fans are losing our passion for Boise football because of it.  Last night at the end of the game and in overtime, I didn’t even feel nervous or stressed out at all. I was resigned to whatever happened. That is a sad way to be.

Try being an Aztec fan for 50+ years.

Americans Mayor

Harsin is a good CEO and recruiter.  He has a flat line personality and so does his team.  His assistant coaches are of a similar make and there is one big problem for me with his teams;  lack of anger and nastiness, especially the  OL and LB's.   And like Bohl in one way and that is you're only as good as your assistant coaching pool, specifically coordinators.  If Harsin doesn't at least change out the OL coach before next season then we're stuck in a loop and Hank will be injured for half the season.   Meaning losses. 

1 hour ago, bsubroncochick said:

We improved greatly throughout the 2014 and 2017 seasons and to a lesser extent last season.  In that 2018 season we had the injury bug hit in a way I have not seen at Boise since we joined the WAC, and still finished in the top 25.

If we finish with 1-2 losses, win the conference and have a top 25 ranking at the end of the season, while starting True Freshmen at QB and RB it will be hard to call this season anything other than a great success.  If we lose the MWCCG or fail to make it, which we may, the story obviously changes.

Both the offense and defense are loaded with young talent for years to come from the last few recruiting classes, this was always a rebuilding year.

34 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah I don't think so. SDSU is the only original member who is consistently relevant.

It is the reason. 

Boise has been the most consistent team in the MW. In the WAC, they were the top dogs.

Plus, they and the Aztecs are in opposite divisions. 

Hell, the Aztecs needed the three big boys to leave and get a bunch of WAC teams in the conference before they could be relevant.

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

It is the reason. 

Boise has been the most consistent team in the MW. In the WAC, they were the top dogs.

Plus, they and the Aztecs are in opposite conferences. 

Hell, the Aztecs needed the three big boys to leave and get a bunch of WAC teams in the conference before they could be mediocre.

Yeah well given you routinely get your ass kicked by Fresno, a WAC team, you might want to modify that statement.  And yes we suck this year but we will still come down and take you out.

31 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah well given you routinely get your ass kicked by Fresno, a WAC team, you might want to modify that statement.  And yes we suck this year but we will still come down and take you out.

Like I said, it took a watered down conference for SDSU to be mediocre. They have had three ten win seasons. Everything else is, meh. Especially in 2014 when we lost to a Fresno team that went 6-8, but won the division.

😢

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

I have a clue for you :

Isn’t the same thing going on with SDSU? The Aztecs are still in first place and control their own destiny as far as winning the MW west title, but the SDSU fans are still calling for Rocky/Hortons head. 

2 hours ago, bsubroncochick said:

For Christ sakes, you sound like UNLV fans just before Lon Kruger left for Oklahoma.

It ain't about bein' purty, it's about the W's.

Harsin pros: I feel like he bleeds blue and is loyal. His recruiting (according to stars) is great for a G5 school. I don’t know him personally, but I get the feeling he really does care about the team and culture and wants to continue the legacy. The team has a “never die” attitude and has fought from being down and adversity and I love that grit he has instilled in the team

Harsin cons: Lack of killer instinct. Games don’t have to be close. When you have a team that is down, don’t let up. Sweep the damn leg!! Certain position coaches need and have needed to be held accountable (Riddle and Bledell). Lack of improvement through the season. Stubbornness (we are going to continue running the ball on 1st and 2nd down even when it is not working because reasons)

Harsin’s “what the f@#&, man!?”: Every year we have 2-3 games at least where it feels like we didn’t even get off the bus. I can handle losing to a better team. I don’t love it when the team looks unprepared and plays like hot garbage.

Just my uneducated $0.02