Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket

Amendment to get money out of politics.

Who else is tired of the Oligarchy we have in this country?

Should we amend the constitution to make it illegal to usurp our Democracy by whoever has the most money?

Who else is tired of the "winner take all" system, basically leaving the remaining 300 million people in this country to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps".

Take a good look at all the Billionaires coming out of the shadows to spread their propaganda and fear monger and throw their money around.

Guys, we need to take our country back from the ruling class.

President Bernie Sanders 2020

4 hours ago, Rocket said:

Should we amend the constitution to make it illegal to usurp our Democracy by whoever has the most money?

Who else is tired of the "winner take all" system, basically leaving the remaining 300 million people in this country to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps".

Take a good look at all the Billionaires coming out of the shadows to spread their propaganda and fear monger and throw their money around.

You poor bastard. 

16 hours ago, Rocket said:

Suck it you commie!  He went on his honeymoon to the Soviet Union. Only a commie would do that back then.

That dope as commander in chief of our military? I might be OK with him at the level of colonel. Yeah, running a Kentucky Fried Chicken joint as Colonel Sanders. What a chicken shit that guy is. 

kat.jpg

23 hours ago, Rocket said:

If you want to get money out of politics start by eliminating the Corporate Income Tax.

12 hours ago, sactowndog said:

If you want to get money out of politics start by eliminating the Corporate Income Tax.

Nah. While in theory getting rid of the corporate tax sounds great, it would result in me not having a job and then I would have to go become a bartender or something.

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am not connecting the dots on that.  What is the thinking behind the idea?

He isn't connecting the dots either.    He is not educated enough to know that a corporation is taxed far more in other ways then a corporate income tax.  Not to mention regulated out the ass like any business.   They would still lobby congress.

9 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am not connecting the dots on that.  What is the thinking behind the idea?

A portion of corporate political lobbying is related to reducing or eliminating their tax exposure.  Eliminate the Corporate Income Tax and they will put that money to better use.

17 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

A portion of corporate political lobbying is related to reducing or eliminating their tax exposure.  Eliminate the Corporate Income Tax and they will put that money to better use.

Hmmm...I suppose.  I think most lobbying by corporations is around legislation and regulation though...

35 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Legislation yes... but for what.... a lot of that is around provisions in the tax code.

Perhaps.  The company I work for has its own PAC.   Nearly 100% of the political lobbying is around limiting and influencing legislation impacting regulatory activity.  My guess is it looks very similar across big tech, banking, financial services, health care, and most other large industry verticals.  Corporate taxes are an issue, but not nearly as big an issue as regulations that keep the company from growing its top line or limit long-term growth.

It warms my heart that right wingers thought I was referring to them but actually I was referring to Democrats. We already know Republicans aee 100% against American workers and for big corporations but it's about 2/3 Democrats who, since at least the 1980's have been also working against American workers.  Watch this guy talk a out how Big Pharma, for instance extorts and bribes the Democrats to do their bidding.

Big money is supposed to be in politics. The difference is today there's not groups like the Grange that represent millions of voters and whose monthly dues mean they can hire lobbyists. TBH one of the worst mistakes (if you can call it that) of the left in America today is abandoning churches. There are plenty of left leaning churches abroad who are politically powerful - shoot, look at the CDU; their social liberalism is informed through their christian identity and the superior organization of a church structure makes them stronger politically. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 hours ago, happycamper said:

Big money is supposed to be in politics. The difference is today there's not groups like the Grange that represent millions of voters and whose monthly dues mean they can hire lobbyists. TBH one of the worst mistakes (if you can call it that) of the left in America today is abandoning churches. There are plenty of left leaning churches abroad who are politically powerful - shoot, look at the CDU; their social liberalism is informed through their christian identity and the superior organization of a church structure makes them stronger politically. 

You're bloody lost mate. Money in politics has got us where we are today with people thinking they can get away with accepting money and favors from other countries for their campaigns. What happened to sovereignty, I thought that was a big thing with cons, guess that was just bs too.

3 hours ago, Rocket said:

You're bloody lost mate. Money in politics has got us where we are today with people thinking they can get away with accepting money and favors from other countries for their campaigns. What happened to sovereignty, I thought that was a big thing with cons, guess that was just bs too.

It is against the law to accept money or favors from other countries or citizens from other countries.  Ask Bill Clinton he got in trouble for taking money from China and Obama who had to give money back several times.

So you should be happy.

I have a better idea for the OP.  How about getting off your ass and go out and make some money for yourself? Stop being a jelly little bitch Bernie Bro.

Stop being a whining loser punk. That 7/11 clerk gig not doing it for you? Try In n Out. They pay 15/ HR and you get a slammin uni to wear.

Loser

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke